Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    The hell you talking about broseph? Only claim I've made about Yang is that he wants to break up our tribalist society which is true. I'm aware he'd disagree with me on a lot. No perfect candidates.

Conservatism covers a wide range of people these days. Could probably make a whole political compass to cover them all.
    The evidence was already provided.

Oh, this is for you. You should give it a read for the first time.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-do...ion-transcript

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Question, because I haven't seen a definitive answer on the subject. Is everything involving the insurrection considered federal crimes? As in, if Donald pardons them, is there nothing they can be charged with via DC, or are DC charges all considered federal since DC isn't a state?
    They will all be federal charges.

Trump won't pardon them all, it would destroy the GOP.

It's not that he gives a shit about the GOP, it's that he has nothing to gain by pardoning them.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-01-12 at 04:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The evidence was already provided.

Oh, this is for you. You should give it a read for the first time.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-do...ion-transcript
    Way easier to just have everyone here continue explaining it to me. Would you kindly summarize the rest of the amendments for me?

Way easier to just have everyone here continue explaining it to me. Would you kindly summarize the rest of the amendments for me?
    You still haven't figured out the First.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yooo, is this the new and improved russian collusion nothingburger?
    "MAGA 2020 RED WAVE COMING WATCH OUT DEMS WE'RE COMING FOR YOU!"

If only I had a dime for every time someone said or posted something to that effect.

You know the last four days have been amazing for twitter and tiktok. I've got a discord where we have a politics channel, and all that's getting posted there are twitter and tiktoks of the terrorists getting arrested. There was this one where the DC police were dragging a woman and some dude out of the airport, the dude was struggling a bit but the woman was straight up screaming "RAPE, RAPE, RAPE" as the police just dragged her out of the airport like a spoiled child getting hauled on its ass out of wal mart.

Then there's the guy who was on a plane who, when the police showed up because somehow he got past airport security, started bawling his eyes out about how he was being labeled a terrorist and his life was ruined. Everyone on the plane cheered and applauded as he got dragged off the plane after his little temper tantrum. And on top of that, just giant loads of people who were at the DC riots who are now being arrested and it's suddenly dawning on them that THEY'RE they bad guys, that THEY'RE the terrorists here.

And of course, the Qanon and other conspiratorial crowds are like "Those rioters were not Trump supporters, those were Antifa in disguise!" and we all know Trump crumbled like a little bitch and disavowed his support for these people.

So for everyone who's still arguing that this isn't insurrection/sedition, or who's saying that there's going to be a worse attack from right wing fanatics in the future: ROFLMAO

The few who did attempt a coup had their dear leader show just how much he cared about them, and everyone who was sitting safe at home is disavowing these people, who are now all going to be branded as terrorists, lose their jobs, and likely spend a good part of their lives in prison.

And of course, the Department of Homeland Security, and several other alphabet soup government institutions now label extremist right wing terrorism as the biggest threat to American peace and Democracy, over both Antifa and Islamic Terrorism by a wide margin.

I have no doubt there will be more acts of right wing extremist terrorism in the coming years, but they will be small, they will be unorganized, they will be ill-equipped, and every time they will get sent home packing, either with their tails between their legs, or carted off to prison.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

You know... I haven't seen anyone posting things from Nazi-adjacent folks like Tim Pool and Andy Ngo. Are they still busy editing video to make this look like leftists?
    I know this is pages old from today as I catch up, but Andy Ngo has already come out and said that there were no Antifa there in the Washington Examiner.

But the fact they call a dumbass like this an "Antifa Expert" is fucking hilarious. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...-capitol-riots

They will all be federal charges.

Trump won't pardon them all, it would destroy the GOP.

It's not that he gives a shit about the GOP, it's that he has nothing to gain by pardoning them.
    Guess it's a wait and see. There are plenty of things I didn't think Trump and the GOP would follow through and do. I could see this being one of the final things he does on the way out the door as well as hundreds of other pardons for random shit.

Edit: But then again. Now that he's lost the PGA tour at his golf course and his twitter, he might blame the mob and think they can go fuck themselves. It's hard to determine what a crazy narcissist thinks.
    Last edited by fwc577; 2021-01-12 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I do understand it, but no there are limits to what you can or can't print, you absolutely can not Print anything you want there are always limits. Yes I understand a private company can banned anything they want but so too can the government. There are limits such as liability, but there are criminal.
    No the govt cannot ban anything they want.

sigh.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

sigh.
    They can if they have enough members of the supreme court willing to shill for them..

Bruh all of my posts in here have been about the the ability to post freely, parlor hasn't been brought up til very recently. idgaf about parlol it's gone now.

- - - Updated - - -

Yooo, is this the new and improved russian collusion nothingburger?

Man its amazing how many people had you pegged so early on in this thread, you made it too easy.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I know this is pages old from today as I catch up, but Andy Ngo has already come out and said that there were no Antifa there in the Washington Examiner.

But the fact they call a dumbass like this an "Antifa Expert" is fucking hilarious. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...-capitol-riots
    I think Tim Pool said the same? Those fucking rats at least have functional survival instincts lol. I wonder if their viewers will demand their hanging too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    True, but that said: there are significant issues with a small number of private for-profit companies being the de facto gatekeepers to the information and communication that such a vast swath of people interact with.

well wikipedia has more visits then those huge for profit companies when it comes to "information".

hell i would think technically they are #1 since youtube traffic, i mean really how much of their video's are the "information" you speak vs entertainment? I'd probably say 85/15%?

How much of google search is relative to this information vs entertainment? Maybe 50/50?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I do understand it, but no there are limits to what you can or can't print, you absolutely can not Print anything you want there are always limits. Yes I understand a private company can banned anything they want but so too can the government. There are limits such as liability, but there are criminal.
    The functional limit on what you can print is what the newspaper is willing to let you print. Because they're commercial enterprises beholden to advertisers, shareholders, and sometimes CEOs/owners with a strong political agenda.

If you're talking about being arrested for something you print - in the US that'd either come under incitement or obscenity. The US is notoriously lax on the concept of incitement, that's why hate groups can get away with so much there, basically unless you literally call on people to murder a specific person you'll probably get off. It's pretty ridiculous really. Obscenity on the other hand ended up strictly enforced due to conservative moral crusading in the late 20th Century - and conservative SC justices were happy to waive any First Amendment concerns, see eg "FCC v. Pacifica".

So in America you can chant "throw the Jews in the ovens" all you want, but god help you if you say "fuck".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    True, but that said: there are significant issues with a small number of private for-profit companies being the de facto gatekeepers to the information and communication that such a vast swath of people interact with.
    Are you suggesting that billion-dollar corporations running effective monopolies or cartels with lax cross-media ownership laws is a bad thing? Or the media being in the hands of big business who are accountable only to the profit incentive and the whims of their executives and owners, and not to the truth or the people? Or that the government has a role to play in regulating free enterprise?

You must be a Communist!

- - - Updated - - -

A book where you openly plot to kill someone or admit you did like OJ can be dropped like a hit potato.
    That book was dropped solely because the company planning to print it calculated that it'd do more damage to their brand than it would make in sales profiteering off the scandal.

Nothing stopping its publication legally, however depending on the laws of the state it's possible that OJ himself couldn't share in the profits due to "proceeds of crime" laws.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Not quite the same thing but:
    And once again Chuck Tingle steals the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

People outside the US don't know who Yang is unless they're way too invested in US politics.
    I'm outside the US and I know who Yang is. The latter may apply to me though. We watch your politics like it's a trashy reality TV show. Or maybe post-apocalyptic sci fi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

https://www.thecut.com/2021/01/rep-j...tol-riots.html

Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal has tested positive now, and this is likely the second case to come from Republican members of Congress refusing to wear their masks before the insurrection and those that continued to flout the rules afterwards.

If more test positive every member that refused to wear their mask or flouted the rules should be expelled from Congress. This isn't a fuckin game.

10+ Year Old Account

sigh.
    Technically they can, though it might require a constitutional amendment, or a ruling from the SCOTUS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man its amazing how many people had you pegged so early on in this thread, you made it too easy.
    When it's the same handful of posters with tens of thousands of posts posting the same opinions for thousands of pages you guys should be masters at spotting an outsider by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal has tested positive now, and this is likely the second case to come from Republican members of Congress refusing to wear their masks before the insurrection and those that continued to flout the rules afterwards.

If more test positive every member that refused to wear their mask or flouted the rules should be expelled from Congress. This isn't a fuckin game.
    Doubt it will happen, too many have treated it like a game and amazingly not all of them are Republicans either, cough Newsom(he is my governor). All these fuckheads are why it is so bad.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

So expel democracy? This 2nd coup?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    So expel democracy? This 2nd coup?
    I'm curious.

Are you saying if a congressman pulls a gun on the floor and shoots another congressman in the face, killing them, they should face absolutely no consequences as they are "elected"?

Is that what you are saying?

Because willfully spreading a deadly pathogen to others is basically the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    How did they get access to the memo? Sounds like someone really wanted to go job hunting over this, even though they're professional snakes that dance for money.
    For all we know, the company may have decided to leak it to cover their asses.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's been really fucking fascinating watching Cons shift gears into wanting Big Government to control the operation of private business because catering to them being hateful fuckheads is a monetary liability.