Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Also, Politico

Yes, It Was a Coup
    by Fiona Hill (Fiona Hill served as deputy assistant to the president and senior director for European and Russian affairs on the National Security Council from 2017 to 2019. She is currently a senior fellow in the Center on the United States and Europe at the Brookings Institution.
    https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...na-hill-457549

This last part was really what I was thinking in the recent days, but I don't think it only applies to congress. It applies to everyone in the Republican party who let Trump prevail with his fairy tale of the stolen election and did not object. The likes of Mitch McConell and Lindsay Graham have to take ownership of their lies and deception of their constituants. They really need to man up. Which we all know they won't.
    That would require for Republicans in Congress to have actual morals but like we have always seen they have none. They will not take responsibility and many have already latched onto the idea that Antifa had trained from birth sleeper agents that were inserted in order to take Trump down due to their Satanic witches prophecies that Trump will be the one true king to save the land from Satan or whatever fantasies they can make up so they don't take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    That would require for Republicans in Congress to have actual morals but like we have always seen they have none. They will not take responsibility and many have already latched onto the idea that Antifa had trained from birth sleeper agents that were inserted in order to take Trump down due to their Satanic witches prophecies that Trump will be the one true king to save the land from Satan or whatever fantasies they can make up so they don't take responsibility.
    Yeah, I've read that, too. On the other hand... the free market will fix this, since corporate donors are jumping ship left and right Money talks.

Business titans pull back from GOP after Capitol insurrection
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...rection-457901

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Would that mean we get paid?
    With pennies maybe
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    With pennies maybe
    Pennies?

More like Rubles, comrade

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Yeah, I've read that, too. On the other hand... the free market will fix this, since corporate donors are jumping ship left and right Money talks.

Business titans pull back from GOP after Capitol insurrection
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...rection-457901
    Ehh... I feel that the corporate donors pulling out is more of a knee-jerk reaction than it is a paradigm shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Ehh... I feel that the corporate donors pulling out is more of a knee-jerk reaction than it is a paradigm shift.
    It's trickling down - https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...rt/6618580002/

The push to defund Republicans supporting insurrection is seeming pretty good/effective so far.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.businessinsider.com/more...anistan-2021-1

There will be more US troops in Washington DC than in all of Iraq and Afghanistan right now.

There here for Y'all Qeda and your 100% organic chicken nuggies.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's trickling down - https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...rt/6618580002/

The push to defund Republicans supporting insurrection is seeming pretty good/effective so far.
    Yeah, thing is that the Republicans have been saying the same thing since November. It only became an issue with these companies after the attack. Makes me question the sincerity.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm happy they are making a stand. Just saying that if they had done it when the Republicans started this "stop the steal" nonsense... there might never have been an attack.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-01-12 at 06:07 PM.

Yeah, thing is that the Republicans have been saying the same thing since November. It only became an issue with these companies after the attack. Makes me question the sincerity.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm happy they are making a stand. Just saying that if they had done it when the Republicans started this "stop the steal" nonsense... there might never have been an attack.
    Doubtful, it would have fed the conspiracies and "DEEP STATE" nonsense. I give only the faintest of praise to companies that waited until a literal attack, but the fact is that we're now at the point where bigger corporate and small business donors are backing away from Republicans pretty hard.

And that's gonna hurt, because they'll need to choose between the financial interests of the party and their personal political interests of appeasing Trump's base. I am so glad to see them stuck in between that rock and a hard place.

Doubtful, it would have fed the conspiracies and "DEEP STATE" nonsense. I give only the faintest of praise to companies that waited until a literal attack, but the fact is that we're now at the point where bigger corporate and small business donors are backing away from Republicans pretty hard.

And that's gonna hurt, because they'll need to choose between the financial interests of the party and their personal political interests of appeasing Trump's base. I am so glad to see them stuck in between that rock and a hard place.
    It's impossible to know if it would have prevented the attack....but there would have been less Republican voices backing Trump on this "stolen election" front if the companies had acted sooner. It might have fueled the "DEEP STATE" conspiracies....but it might have also taken away some of the perceived legitimacy.

I'm just saying, right now they are acting because they don't want to be seen to be on the wrong side of an insurrection...not because of any true enlightenment. Like I said, I'm glad they are finally taking a stand... I just wish they had done so sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    When it's the same handful of posters with tens of thousands of posts posting the same opinions for thousands of pages you guys should be masters at spotting an outsider by now.
    maybe more self reflection will get you to the point of what people saw in you right away. Had nothing to do with you being an outsider, it was how you posted and your words.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

15+ Year Old Account
    Companies are not moral or sincere. Those aren't words you should ever use when referring to the "character" of corporations.

They are driven by profit. Plain and simple.

Trump and the GOP are becoming a liability. People are leveraging their rights as consumers to say they don't want to do business with companies that associate with Trump or the GoP. Now companies are leveraging their right to stop associating with them to appease those consumers.

You are right, however, to question whether this is a long term play or just something they're doing in the heat of the moment. 2022 is a long time from now and people have short memories.

https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status...53055663116290

yo thats bad, swear that guy looks like an oathkeeper or 3%er ive seen before. why do all these chuds look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status...53055663116290

yo thats bad, swear that guy looks like an oathkeeper or 3%er ive seen before. why do all these chuds look the same.
    Bottom of the gene pool shit.

Man, for the "Back the blue" crowd, these cats sure fuckin seem to hate police as much, if not more, than BLM. And the cops aren't even fuckin killing them, at least not until Wednesday when they racked up their first body.

5+ Year Old Account

Man, for the "Back the blue" crowd, these cats sure fuckin seem to hate police as much, if not more, than BLM. And the cops aren't even fuckin killing them, at least not until Wednesday when they racked up their first body.
    It seems like an “enemy of my enemy until it’s my enemy too” situation for them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Companies are not moral or sincere. Those aren't words you should ever use when referring to the "character" of corporations.
    I mean, they can be. But it takes a deliberate choice and generally control by a single owner or small group of like-minded types, who agree to sacrifice profit in the name of being good citizens of society.

Generally, that means they're not going to become a big corporation, because it makes them less competitive.

But the possibility is there. It's just not encouraged by capitalist systems.

- - - Updated - - -

For BLM, the police have always been the enemy.

For these idiots, they feel the police were their allies, and beyond the same feelings of hostility they now have, they also feel betrayed. As if "hey, I waved a Blue Lives Matter flag, you should totes let me kill a Senator or three!" makes any goddamned sense.

https://www.wusa9.com/video/news/doj...1-063083395a87

Press conference from DoJ/FBI going on. I missed the early bit but some of the details so far -

170+ subject files (targets for investigation), they expect to open hundreds more
    70+ people charged, they expect to charge hundreds
    Charges range for everything from simple trespass to stealing mail to assaulting federal officers to stealing digital devices and potentially national security secrets

Lesser charges we've seen so far are just the start, they plan on charging many already arrested/charged with additional crimes as the investigations continue.

10+ Year Old Account

Press conference from DoJ/FBI going on. I missed the early bit but some of the details so far -

170+ subject files (targets for investigation), they expect to open hundreds more
    Charges range for everything from simple trespass to stealing mail to assaulting federal officers to stealing digital devices and potentially national security secrets

Lesser charges we've seen so far are just the start, they plan on charging many already arrested/charged with additional crimes as the investigations continue.
    As i cannot open the link from the EU, here is another one: https://www.c-span.org/video/?507926...capitol-attack

5+ Year Old Account

All these investigations/charges remind of the times FBI was getting ready to drop the hammer on Crime families.

"We're looking at everything as a counter-terrorism investigation, money, movement, planning."

Michael Lindell right now -

- - - Updated - - -

American carnage. It's funny, because when you put it in black and white it's difficult to tell if this is the United States of America or one of the developing democracies that Americans love to clown on for being violent.

I sure hope law enforcement are taking a real hard look at the "back the blue" folks and realizing that they don't actually "back the blue".

10+ Year Old Account
    "We're looking at everything as a counter-terrorism investigation, money, movement, planning."
    A dark money arm of the Republican Attorneys General Association (RAGA) was one of several nonprofits that helped direct people to the protest before the insurrection at the Capitol, according to Documented. The shadowy organization, called the Rule of Law Defense Fund (RLDF), sent out robocalls urging people to “march to the Capitol Building and call on Congress to stop the steal.”

A group calling itself the “Rule of Law Defense Fund” supporting efforts to overturn a national election is about as Orwellian as it gets — but if you try to follow the money behind the organization, you hit a brick wall.

Indeed, while RAGA discloses its donors, records show that more than 10 percent of the money it raised last election cycle came from the Judicial Crisis Network (JCN) and its parent organization, called the Concord Fund, which collectively donated $3.7 million. JCN separately reported donating $700,000 to RLDF between mid-2018 and mid-2019.

The Concord Fund and JCN are part of a cluster of conservative dark money groups led by Trump’s judicial adviser Leonard Leo, and they have spent tens of millions of dollars on recent Supreme Court fights. Their funding sources are a total mystery.

JCN donated $50,000 to another group listed as a participant in the Capitol protest — Turning Point Action, the 501(c)(4) affiliate of the conservative campus group Turning Point USA. Charlie Kirk, who leads the Turning Point groups, tweeted two days before the insurrection in Washington that Turning Point Action was “sending 80+ buses full of patriots to DC to fight for this president.”

HR 1, a sweeping piece of democracy reform legislation recently reintroduced by House Democrats, would require nonprofits that spend money in elections and on judicial nominations to immediately disclose their donors. If Democrats want to ensure there are no loopholes, they can broaden this provision and force all nonprofits that work to influence policy to disclose their donors.
    https://jacobinmag.com/2021/01/dark-...ot-biden-trump

Yup. I hope they're sweating bullets right now. Charlie Kirk, too.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...dy4-story.html

And another former marine/police officer identifies themselves committing multiple crimes, tries to delete it, but is identified anyways.

Seriously, I love that all these fuckin retards are making the FBI's job so much easier.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/12/top-...biden-win.html

Top military leaders condemn ‘sedition and insurrection’ at Capitol, acknowledge Biden win
    Headline is it for now, but it seems like the Joint Chiefs have had enough.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status...88164216643586

Fox News' Brian Kilmeade makes the perfect case for why the US shouldn't negotiate with terrorists. That's not the point he was trying to make, but he made it anyways.