15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I hate it can't we just find some barren wasteland and send all the fascists there so they can be happy oppressing each other?

Ah wait we tried that with the Oregon Territories and that didn't turn out too hot, rofl.
    I was about to say "How could a bunch of white rednecks all oppress each other? What would they find to quarrel over?"

But then I realized this could be a multi-country effort. Send all the middle eastern terrorists to this barren land, send the far right Americans, send every other far right faction in every country over there, let them all duke it out for whose genes (or gods) are (supposedly) superior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    So does the turtle have the guts to actually vote for it, or is he just saying it behind closed doors?
    Trump is on his way out. On the one hand, with Trump no longer at the steering wheel of the executive branch, I feel some Republicans might actually find their balls from Trump's purse and vote to impeach. On the other hand, some of them might view it as too dangerous a move to piss off the base. Even the ones from "safe" states. ESPECIALLY the ones from safe states. The redder the state, the more likely Y'all Qaeda is going to just roll up and attach Mitch McConnell to a gallows for voting to remove Trump at the last hour.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Everyone did you hear? Security checks like metal detectors and wands are hampering our constitutional rights. According to Gym Jordan your freedoms are being repressed whenever you went to a stadium to watch sports or a concert or when you get on an airplane, back in the before time.

Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, a top Trump defender, said the added security was hampering his constitutional rights.
    Oh, did you also hear that metal detectors and security wands mean you're a criminal and that we now live in Pelosi's communist wonderland. According to Rep Debbie Lesko, by the way can Debbie be another moniker for a Karen it really rolls off the tounge like Karen, school children are criminals in a communist wonderland because America did nothing and we can't do anything else.

"For members of Congress to enter the floor of the U.S. House, we now have to go through intense security measures, on top of the security we already go through," she said. "These new provisions include searches and being wanded like criminals. We now live in Pelosi's communist America!"
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/republica...024055833.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Everyone did you hear? Security checks like metal detectors and wands are hampering our constitutional rights. According to Gym Jordan your freedoms are being repressed whenever you went to a stadium to watch sports or a concert or when you get on an airplane, back in the before time.
    Funny how a bunch of middle aged conservatives are more delicate than like... most American high schoolers.

Oh no, Congress now knows what it's like to live in perpetual fear of a mass shooting because of their inaction on gun laws. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post

Oh, did you also hear that metal detectors and security wands mean you're a criminal and that we now live in Pelosi's communist wonderland. According to Rep Debbie Lesko, by the way can Debbie be another moniker for a Karen it really rolls off the tounge like Karen, school children are criminals in a communist wonderland because America did nothing and we can't do anything else.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republica...024055833.html
    Can somebody tell Jim(well, I live in Ohio, I might just have to call him) that having to go through a metal detector or wanded is not a freedom restriction. Maybe he thought that they said he couldn't wand(or watch it at least) some boys and that is why he is complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No it’s not. Getting shot in the face is far more deadly. I’m not saying don’t wear a mask. You just used a really bad example.
    I'm sure that's a consolation to the 381000 Americans who have died of Covid and the hundreds of thousands who spent weeks on ventilators and the millions who are still recovering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    First:

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Umm, sir, the noggin is not the face. /s
    Second... there is no bottom with these people... you set the bar low as you can... and they be like... hold my beer and give me a shovel.
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-13 at 01:40 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    To be honest, is anyone actually surprised that Republicans, who are now trying to call for Democrats to calm down as they frenzied for months over faux election fraud claims, are backing down in such hypocritical ways? Honestly, at any point, if you pressed Cawthorn on the issue, he wouldn't have had a leg to stand on.
    I'm just going to assume this is aimed at his disability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I'm sure that's a consolation to the 381000 Americans who have died of Covid and the hundreds of thousands who spent weeks on ventilators and the millions who are still recovering.
    And the death rate is still 1-2%. It’s not that deadly.

Considering that is at least an order of magnitude higher than the seasonal flu, that's a huge deal. So, exactly how many need to die, before you consider it "that deadly?"

Well, lets put that into perspective. If all of the US got COVID, which is around 350 million people, that would be between 3.5 million - 7 million people. That would be the equivalent of the Holocaust. And we fought a war to stop that. If the entire world got it(around 7 billion people), that would be between 70 million - 140 million people. That would be on the level of the Black Death. Funny thing was, they wore masks and told people to NOT come around one another and forced quarantine them during the Black Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Considering that is at least an order of magnitude higher than the seasonal flu, that's a huge deal. So, exactly how many need to die, before you consider it "that deadly?"
    5% plus. That’d be 1 in 20. As it stands it’s 1 in 50 to 1 in 100. Very good chance you survive if you get it.

5% plus. That’d be 1 in 20. As it stands it’s 1 in 50 to 1 in 100. Very good chance you survive if you get it.
    So, how many people? I want a number of dead in the United States.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, the survival rate for just about every emergency or health issue like heart attacks, has increased by quite a bit as well. People don’t want to go to a hospital right now and when they do during emergency, all the ICU beds are filled with people with tubes down their throats.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, how many people? I want a number of dead in the United States.
    1 in 60 out of 22.9 million infected

doesnt the death rate go to like 10% if you dont have medical services? oxygen etc.

10+ Year Old Account

You should know better by now, than to make ignorant comments like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you explain to me why we should be governed by people who have lower mortality standards, than their opponents? If they don’t care that 100s of thousands of their constituents are dead... why should we care that they want to be successful politicians?

Once again, how many people need to die in the United States? It's weird how you cannot give me an actual number. If it's 1 in 20, that would be 17 million people. According to you, nothing in the United States is "that deadly."

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post

You should know better by now, than to make ignorant comments like that.
    I’m not arguing it’s not a big deal. Just that it could definitely be a lot worse. We should be thankful it’s only 1-2% and not 5%+