10+ Year Old Account
    After watching Real Time with Bill Maher, it seems people who stormed the capitol can't be charged with insurrection because there's actually no law against domestic terrorist acts that don't have foreign ties.

Apparently FBI and other agencies have repeatedly warned and asked for something like this but it never happened.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You've somehow managed to twist yourself into arguing that any kind of rule of law is fascism.

Which is nuts, dude.
    No, that's not it at all. I'm pointing out his version of authoritarianism isn't much different than that of fascism. Considering he just tried to defend gulags... I'm fine where I stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You don't seem to have much experience with "right to work" states. Nor the tactics involved that force people to work.
    That's exactly my point. Individual workers simply have no leverage. Workers collectively do. But for that workers need to actually have class consciousness and solidarity, things that have been effectively obliterated from the American national psyche.

This wasn't always the case. But we are now on the 3rd or 4th generation of people whom have been brainwashed to the point that when they hear "labor union" they think of a Siberian gulag.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, that's not it at all. I'm pointing out his version of authoritarianism isn't much different than that of fascism. Considering he just tried to defend gulags... I'm fine where I stand.
    The fuck is this brazen lying bullshit you're pulling?

Defending gulags is comparing them to American prison labour??? Something I am against, that's fucking defence? And where is authoritarianism by saying such a society would exist only if the majority of people wanted it... dude think for like idk.. two seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    After watching Real Time with Bill Maher, it seems people who stormed the capitol can't be charged with insurrection because there's actually no law against domestic terrorist acts that don't have foreign ties.

Apparently FBI and other agencies have repeatedly warned and asked for something like this but it never happened.
    Guess Bill Maher and his staff are not capable of a 10 second google seach.

https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-1...sect-2384.html

Insurrection in specific looks even easier to prove, though charges carry less prison time.

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?...%20under%20the
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2021-01-24 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Super important point of order.

Magneto's belt is Purple, not red.
    Damn... I guess I missed the crotch...

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Why does magneto have camel toe?
    Side effect of too much... iron... I’ll see my self out...

- - - Updated - - -

So... I was watching stupid shit and I think I stumbled on the origin of QAnon...

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The fuck is this brazen lying bullshit you're pulling?

Defending gulags is comparing them to American prison labour??? Something I am against, that's fucking defence? And where is authoritarianism by saying such a society would exist only if the majority of people wanted it... dude think for like idk.. two seconds.
    Yes, that fucking defense.

Calling it now. "IT WAS ANTIFA" is the new "Thanks Obama".

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Calling it now. "IT WAS ANTIFA" is the new "Thanks Obama".
    No

"It was ANTIFA" is the new "But her Emails"

Yes, that fucking defense.
    Do you know what defence means?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Do you know what defence means?
    Yes, yes I do.

Good luck in your communistic endeavors!!!

Yes, yes I do.

Good luck in your communistic endeavors!!!
    So no you do not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Guess Bill Maher and his staff are not capable of a 10 second google seach.

https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-1...sect-2384.html

Insurrection in specific looks even easier to prove, though charges carry less prison time.

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?...%20under%20the
    I might be explaining it incorrectly than as this point was made not by him or his staff but by a former FBI assistant director, who highlighted the lack of tools and legal frame work to combat these domestic terrorist with no foreign affiliation.

Found a part of the interview here:

“My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I might be explaining it incorrectly than as this point was made not by him or his staff but by a former FBI assistant director, who highlighted the lack of tools and legal frame work to combat these domestic terrorist with no foreign affiliation.

Found a part of the interview here:

He wasn't saying "we can't charge them with insurrection"...it was more "there are no specific federal laws regarding domestic terrorism"

10+ Year Old Account
    He wasn't saying "we can't charge them with insurrection"...it was more "there are no specific federal laws regarding domestic terrorism"
    There shouldn’t be... if the law is to send right wing extremists to places like Gitmo, we might finally get those shut down.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    There shouldn’t be... if the law is to send right wing extremists to places like Gitmo, we might finally get those shut down.
    The problem, as I gather it, is that their hands are kind of tied on how to deal with domestic terrorism. They can't even send them to Gitmo.

The problem, as I gather it, is that their hands are kind of tied on how to deal with domestic terrorism. They can't even send them to Gitmo.
    Which is a good thing. I mean, would I care if these specific individuals be sent to gitmo? No... but it could easily be levied into “opposing the government can get you sent to gitmo” and thats... bad.

So lets not enter that slippery slope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Which is a good thing. I mean, would I care if these specific individuals be sent to gitmo? No... but it could easily be levied into “opposing the government can get you sent to gitmo” and thats... bad.

That slippery slope would end programs like Gitmo... if those are filled with hundreds of Americans, the call to shut them down would be far louder than 1000s of foreigners.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it's kind of a dumb point.

Any of the acts you'd take to engage in terrorism are illegal. Bombings, mass shootings, kidnapping political figures, planned invasions, etc. Plenty of crimes there.

Conspiracy to commit such crimes is also already a crime. So you can still prosecute if you catch them in planning stages.

It's better phrased as "there are no federal laws specifically about domestic terrorism, though any terrorism or conspiracy to commit terrorism obviously falls under a myriad of other laws so there's no way that domestic terrorist can claim they didn't do anything illegal."

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post

The response to 1/6 is doing tremendous permanent damage to the psyche of the nation. The goal is to rebuild trust. The number of right wingers who will emerge from this and say "I now have a new sense of trust in my federal government" is probably around ZERO. In fact, distrust is likely being sewn in massive amounts. We're not solving any problems here.

This entire thing is absolutely catastrophic. I can't begin to put words together to describe the damage being done that meet my satisfaction. This nation is totally screwed.

You can see where this is going. While there is nearly universal condemnation of the Capitol Riots, attention will quickly shift to how people are getting hunted down, jailed, websites shut down, etc. There will be a large pushback centered around the idea that the response was handled incredibly poorly. It looks like it has the potential to split the GOP into 2 parties. A LOT of republicans are perfectly willing to leave the GOP and form a new party if Trump is convicted by the Senate in the impeachment trial.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2021-01-24 at 05:49 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.