Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I don't think so - the closest would be Aurochs, but they seem to have been extinct before and the bulls were black.
    On the other hand, the consensus is that the viking helmets didn't have horns from any animal. Those horns were added during the nationalistic 1800s.
    And the inspiration for those horns is typically attributed to costume choices in Wagner's epic opera series, Ring of the Nibelungen.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/ohio...ition-1.660347

Huh, who knew that apparently being a conspiracy theorist nutjub could run you afowl of the law if you're in the military?

So apparently DC federal judges keep having to overturn local judges who keep letting the terrorists go free. A judge thought it appropriate to let flex cuff dude go free until his court date. Why do white supremacists get special treatment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    So apparently DC federal judges keep having to overturn local judges who keep letting the terrorists go free. A judge thought it appropriate to let flex cuff dude go free until his court date. Why do white supremacists get special treatment?
    That sounds about white. The caucasity of those local judges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    As I recall, his lawyer's argument was that he was former law enforcement so of course he'd follow the law and wait at home for his court date instead of running.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    As I recall, his lawyer's argument was that he was former law enforcement so of course he'd follow the law and wait at home for his court date instead of running.
    No argument he continues to pose a clear threat to elected officials, by virtue of his actions on the 6th? Because that's reason to flatly just deny bail altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No argument he continues to pose a clear threat to elected officials, by virtue of his actions on the 6th? Because that's reason to flatly just deny bail altogether.
    That's what the majority of the federal judges are saying.

The local judges are basically like "Well, he's never done anything bad here..."

I don't think so - the closest would be Aurochs, but they seem to have been extinct before and the bulls were black.
    On the other hand, the consensus is that the viking helmets didn't have horns from any animal. Those horns were added during the nationalistic 1800s.
    I think Wagner's to blame.

lmao
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    -snip-
    Holy shit she is retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Holy shit she is retarded.
    Well she's playing by the Republican Handbook -- Chapter 6: False Equivalences
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Little guy feels angry.

Big guy comes up with a con to get the little guy to do stuff for him.

Big guy profits and little guy is too angry to understand what happened.

Capital protests and GME are equivalent

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    lmao
    I wouldn't laugh yet.

The groups feel that "the elites" are robbing them and they are fighting back - by supporting losers.
    And for some reason they think that Trump isn't part of the elite, and that Robinhood isn't robbing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Well she's playing by the Republican Handbook -- Chapter 6: False Equivalences
    I’m not sure I agree, because I don’t think she’s actually claiming equivalence. Seems to me like she’s pointing out that due to flaws in the system, the bottom part of society is starting to move. I agree with that.

That doesn’t mean all moves are good, or morally equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Little guy feels angry.
    Said poster with a MAGA avatar...

Oh and no...

The GameStop thing, might bring the end of short selling. It had a tangible impact, in transferring money from the super wealthy hedge funds, to regular people. The money went from the hedge fund elites, to the regular folk.

The MAGA thing, might bring the end of democracy. It had a tangible impact, in transferring money from the middle class and lower, to the wealthy. Like... Trump made millions off fund raising relentlessly on the very reason they stormed the capital. The money went from normal people, to Trump and corporate elite.

- - - Updated - - -

The groups feel that "the elites" are robbing them and they are fighting back - by supporting losers.
    And for some reason they think that Trump isn't part of the elite, and that Robinhood isn't robbing them.
    Not just Trump... Putin, all the conman Trump pardoned, lobbyist like Flynn and Manafort, old energy company billionaires, the Waltons, the Koch... all of those are not elites.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Little guy feels angry.

And yet, you love the idea of people storming the Capitol Building in the name of your fascist hero.

Is this you admitting you got conned?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And yet, you love the idea of people storming the Capitol Building in the name of your fascist hero.
    To be fair... this is my fascist hero... her giving a Hitler like speech, would be like listening to the Sound of Music... which also has nazis...

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    To be fair... this is my fascist hero... her giving a Hitler like speech, would be like listening to the Sound of Music... which also has nazis...

That's beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I think Wagner's to blame.
    Sort of.

Horned helms were a Germanic/Scandinavian thing during the Migration Period, but they seem to have been largely ceremonial/priestly things associated with Odin, so due to their ceremonial nature they tended to stick around intact or to show up in art, so when Wagner's costume designer did his research he drew inspiration from those, and from there it entered popular consciousness.

Like, you might notice that while the Sutton Hoo helmet didn't have horns, the art on it does depict dudes with horned helmets. (This is an image of a restored replica.)
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2021-01-30 at 02:50 PM.