Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    Is it? Or was it that everyone, Republicans and Democrats alike, tried their best to prevent him from running and managed to turn a lazy orange turd who has had everything in life handed to him into some sort of downtrodden underdog? Amazingly they turned "unqualified" into a POSITIVE thing. By playing the same game again it only serves to have the same results. Your post speaks a lot of truth but unfortunately if he decides, he'll end up running despite efforts to stop him. Any attempt will only be seen as "fear of a strong and powerful man" and if Trump isn't seen as powerful he has nothing. He'll already have a fair amount of support from idiots who don't know what election fraud actually is, and when the "gubment" makes efforts to prevent him from running it will only confirm for them that the election WAS stolen from him. Treat him like a non-threat and instead it'll be viewed that he lost fair and square.

Nah, I still think the best way to handle this is to treat him like a loser who isn't a threat (whether or not it's genuinely true). It will never sway the diehards but NOTHING will, so instead sway the people you can. Trump has ALWAYS aaaaaalways been about "public image" over actual facts, so you strip him of his only power by treating him like an impotent wimp.
    I am confused how you took anything I said as us having to treat Trump like anything but a loser. Just don't be the French army in 1940 where you are leaning on your past victory and not being ready for the next. It doesn't even have to be Trump that rises next from their ranks. Probably won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I am confused how you took anything I said as us having to treat Trump like anything but a loser. Just don't be the French army in 1940 where you are leaning on your past victory and not being ready for the next. It doesn't even have to be Trump that rises next from their ranks. Probably won't be.
    Only the first part of my reply was in direct response to you. I sorta went off on a tangent after that first point. I agree with pretty much the rest of what you said, particularly the complacency Democrats seem to have when they think they've won. I think that was part of the reason Trump won in 2016 - so many assumed Hilary was winning they didn't bother voting. Don't get me wrong, I also think Trump is a legitimate threat and a precursor to an even bigger threat. The next time a fascist rises from the ranks it will be someone smarter and understands the bureaucracy of government so he'll know how to work the system. We got lucky Trump is kind of a moron and next time we won't be.

I just believe my approach to that differs to how others would go about it. Regardless of response, that kind of person is going to gain some amount of traction, so trying to shut them down as a few others in this thread are suggesting just turns them into a political martyr. When an outsider promising to "change the system" is then viewed as being shut down by that very system, it only leads to extra support against corruption. It turns into "this guy is one of us and he's going against the bad guys!" even IF that guy is the true villain. I think that the best way to combat Trump is by turning his public image into that of a failure. It also has the benefit of hurting Trump personally since he believes a loser is the worst thing a person can be.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/97039...n-capitol-riot

Federico Klein, a former State Department aide who worked on former President Donald Trump's 2016 campaign, was arrested Thursday on charges related to the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, the FBI announced Thursday night.

This is the first known instance of a Trump appointee facing prosecution in connection with the attack, Politico reports. An FBI Washington Field Office spokeswoman told Politico that Klein, 42, was taken into custody in Virginia, but did not release any information on the charges against him.

Federal Election Commission records show Klein worked as a tech analyst for the 2016 Trump campaign, Politico says, and after the election he was hired at the State Department. A federal directory from last summer lists Klein as a special assistant in the Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs, making him a "Schedule C" political appointee, Politico reports.
    Cool, so we have former Trump campaign staff/political appointees who worked in the federal government attending an attempted insurrection. That's like, pretty sweet, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://theweek.com/speedreads/97039...n-capitol-riot

Cool, so we have former Trump campaign staff/political appointees who worked in the federal government attending an attempted insurrection. That's like, pretty sweet, yo.
    I am surprised there hasn't been more, but then again, they are just like Roger Stone or the leader of the Oathkeepers, they let the lower ranked people or friends do the dirty work after they they rile them up. And then when they get arrested, people like Roger Stone, or Trump, don't know these people anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You saw Jan 6th right? The problem isn’t him losing, it’s what happens in the wake of another loss.
    Without Trump lackeys in the DoD & DoJ you wouldn't see what happened on Jan. 6th happen ever again.

The reason that it happened is that higher-ups wanted, and let it happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    You saw Jan 6th right? The problem isn’t him losing, it’s what happens in the wake of another loss.
    Yeah Ted Lieu said it during the impeachment trial:
    “ I’m not afraid of Donald Trump running again in four years. I’m afraid he's going to run again and lose. Because he can do this again.””

Accusing former President Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Rudy Giuliani and Republican Congressman Mo Brooks of having incited rioters to breach the U.S. Capitol, Democratic Representative Eric Swalwell demanded money damages Friday in a federal complaint against the quartet.

Since only the U.S. attorney general can seek a criminal conviction of a former president, the suit joins an ongoing series of civil litigation related to the political insurrection of Jan. 6. Congressman Bennie Thompson, a fellow Democrat, fired the first shot on Feb. 16, invoking the Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871 in his suit against Trump, Giuliani, the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers — two extremist groups said to have plotted January’s attempted coup.
    https://www.courthousenews.com/congr...ts-sues-trump/

Yeah boi! Probably won't go anywhere, but this is good shit. These fucks were responsible for whipping the mob into a frenzy.

BREAKING: In a memo, the @USChamber attempts to provide cover to corporations to resume donating to the 147 Republicans who voted to overturn the election

"We do not believe it's appropriate to judge members of Congress solely based on their votes on the electoral certification"
    https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status...137629188?s=19

So in other threads and here we talked about possible effectiveness of corporate donations.
    Well, as some of this expected didn't last long.

The memo written by @USChamber's National Political Director, @ashleewrich, argues that only members of Congress involved in "organizing the rally of January 6th or continuing to push debunked conspiracy theories" are culpable

FULL MEMO: https://t.co/uvCltLoMrj
    So they are saying avoid who you thinks was super blatant. But again the right has done the best of 'nothing to see here', that donations to like of Hawley will resume.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Yeah Ted Lieu said it during the impeachment trial:
    “ I’m not afraid of Donald Trump running again in four years. I’m afraid he's going to run again and lose. Because he can do this again.””
    Trump running again and losing in four years would still be 10,000 times better than him running again and winning in four years.

I invite any and all batshit insane nonsense from Trump’s cultists if he loses, because what he and they would do with him victorious would inevitably be worse.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-03-06 at 01:28 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Some of those lawsuits are about paying his damn bills. The fucker is too toxic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I don't think he's going to run in 2024. Main reason being his health. The second being the mountain of lawsuits he's facing
    Well I certainly hope so. I don’t even want to invite the possibility of Trump being in the running.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-...on-60-minutes/

Man, this is why you don't get a publicity hungry grifter lawyer. Q shaman bro's gonna be stuck in prison a while longer, judge just eviscerated his lawyers attempt to get him out on bail.

Hope his tum tum is gonna be alright with those organic chicken nuggies a while longer.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/paul-...b6e6abac820769

It seems Gosar wants to keep it up, I guess he's sharing awful memes that originate from white supremacists?

I'm kinda weirded out by a dude in his 60's elected to national office tweeting out memes. Like, it at least makes a bit of sense for millennials who grew up when meme-culture was first being formed.

Apparently he wants to make his fandom of Nick Fuentes very obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

FBI released video of the individual who dropped off pipe bombs at the DNC/RNC offices. Still trying to identify the suspect.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fuckwit Trumpkin/Qanon Representative Boebert has put out an attack ad against Pelosi - and IT FUCKING ENDS WITH A GUNSHOT SOUND.

How in the holy fucking hell is this woman not behind bars, much less still a Member of the House of Representatives.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Fuckwit Trumpkin/Qanon Representative Boebert has put out an attack ad against Pelosi - and IT FUCKING ENDS WITH A GUNSHOT SOUND.

How in the holy fucking hell is this woman not behind bars, much less still a Member of the House of Representatives.
    I do love people reminding her that the reason the National Guard is deployed in DC and not at the border is because it wasn't Latin American immigrants that stormed the Capitol and built a gallows for the Vice President.

Seriously, all the Republican party has left is the culture war. It's Dr. Seuss. It's Gina Carano. It's Mr. Potato Head's penis and Mrs. Potato Head's vagina. It's stupid sexy Lola Bunny and her stupid sexy hips. There's no policy. There's no ideology. Just "cultural" grievance.

I do love people reminding her that the reason the National Guard is deployed in DC and not at the border is because it wasn't Latin American immigrants that stormed the Capitol and built a gallows for the Vice President.

Seriously, all the Republican party has left is the culture war. It's Dr. Seuss. It's Gina Carano. It's Mr. Potato Head's penis and Mrs. Potato Head's vagina. It's stupid sexy Lola Bunny and her stupid sexy hips. There's no policy. There's no ideology. Just "cultural" grievance.
    I love that line Well done, and so very true!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

I do love seeing that. She is so completely out of touch with reality - literally - it boggles the mind above and beyond the new-normal threshold for typical Trumpkins/Qanons.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/11/polit...one/index.html

Sweet, one of the dudes charged in the Capitol insurrection was a former marine...who was a part of the Marine 1 unit from 2004-2009.

Marine 1 is the helicopter that takes the president around, FYI.

Military really needs to do some serious fumigating of their ranks, though I know they're loathe to given that they're already facing recruitment problems and some branches attempts at being cool with the kids on Twitch have blown up. At least the marines haven't tried advertising on Twitch from what I've seen.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/11/polit...one/index.html

Sweet, one of the dudes charged in the Capitol insurrection was a former marine...who was a part of the Marine 1 unit from 2004-2009.

Marine 1 is the helicopter that takes the president around, FYI.

Military really needs to do some serious fumigating of their ranks, though I know they're loathe to given that they're already facing recruitment problems and some branches attempts at being cool with the kids on Twitch have blown up. At least the marines haven't tried advertising on Twitch from what I've seen.
    Didn't the government lower some requirements after 9/11 to allow certain people in. like questionable people with nazi or white nationalist issues that were previously more purposefully kept out. Did that ever get changed back to how it was pre 9/11?

Ron Johnson is really going all out to win the title of most deplorable Senator: https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/12/polit...iot/index.html

"Even though those thousands of people that were marching to the Capitol were trying to pressure people like me to vote the way they wanted me to vote, I knew those were people that love this country, that truly respect law enforcement, would never do anything to break the law, and so I wasn't concerned," Johnson said during the radio talk show "The Joe Pags Show." He was discussing his recent comments downplaying the danger that day and he has said he "never really felt threatened."

"Now, had the tables been turned -- Joe, this could get me in trouble -- had the tables been turned, and President Trump won the election and those were tens of thousands of Black Lives Matter and Antifa protesters, I might have been a little concerned," Johnson continued.

Yes, those people love law enforcement so much that they murdered one and injured dozens of others. And they would never do anything to break the law, other than commit treason and a multitude of other felonies.

And says that he might have been scared if it was BLM/Antifa. But wait, isn't this the same jackass who claimed the rioters were actually Antifa and BLM disguising themselves as Trump supporters? So which is it?
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Ron Johnson is really going all out to win the title of most deplorable Senator: https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/12/polit...iot/index.html

Yes, those people love law enforcement so much that they murdered one and injured dozens of others. And they would never do anything to break the law, other than commit treason and a multitude of other felonies.

And says that he might have been scared if it was BLM/Antifa. But wait, isn't this the same jackass who claimed the rioters were actually Antifa and BLM disguising themselves as Trump supporters? So which is it?
    Not only did the Trump supporting rioters kill police, their actions on that day lead some officers to commit suicide.