https://www.ajc.com/politics/politic...MHVOFMGSH2ZBI/

Y'all, we have our first bad-faith "BUT THE INSURRECTOIN" argument -

The officer, Lt. G.D. Langford, said in a 13-page incident report that he was worried that other protesters would have been “emboldened” to follow state Rep. Park Cannon’s lead if he didn’t arrest her after she refused his requests to stop knocking on Kemp’s private second-floor office in the Georgia Capitol.

“The events of January 6, 2021 at the U.S. Capitol were in the back of my mind,” he wrote in a report obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
    Yeah, because of all the similarities like...a small group peacefully and largely quietly standing by. A single Black woman knocking on a door.

These are the kinds of life and death situations that I guess officer Langford though presented a clear and present danger and required that a lawmaker be arrested.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-garret-miller

If any of the Texas police officers who came to detain Capitol riot suspect Garret Miller were not sure they had the right man, the T-shirt they found him wearing offered something of a clue: it featured a photograph of Donald Trump and the slogan “I Was There, Washington DC, 6 January 2021”.

Prosecutors say Miller’s attire on the day of his arrest in Dallas was only part of the self-incriminating evidence he provided to confirm his role in the deadly insurrection incited by Trump’s efforts to overturn his election defeat.

Police say they found weapons, ammunition and tactical gear including night vision goggles, ropes and grappling hooks, plus crossbows and arrows, at Miller’s house.

On Facebook on 6 January, Miller allegedly posted a selfie from inside the Capitol, prompting another user to write: “Bro you got in?! Nice!”

Miller replied, “just wanted to incriminate myself a little lol,” prosecutors said.

In an Instagram post on 10 January, Miller allegedly said of the officer who shot dead a female protester inside the Capitol: “He will swing. I had a rope in my bag that day.”

The prosecutors say Miller believed the officer was black and considered him “a prize to be taken”.

“By bringing tactical gear, ropes and potentially, by his own admission, a gun to the Capitol on 6 January 2021, Miller showed that he was not just caught up in the frenzy of the crowd but instead came to DC with the intention of disrupting the democratic process of counting and certifying electoral college votes,” the prosecutors wrote.

Miller later threatened to kill Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the New York congresswoman, and the Capitol police officer who shot the protester.

“Assassinate AOC,” Miller replied on Twitter, prosecutors allege, after she wrote “Impeach” in her own post about Trump’s actions
    Homeboy sounds like a delight. Also, a fuckin retard.

This is the vanguard of the conservative insurrection. Self-incriminating, violent racists.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Y'all, we have our first bad-faith "BUT THE INSURRECTOIN" argument -

Yeah, because of all the similarities like...a small group peacefully and largely quietly standing by. A single Black woman knocking on a door.

These are the kinds of life and death situations that I guess officer Langford though presented a clear and present danger and required that a lawmaker be arrested.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-garret-miller

Homeboy sounds like a delight. Also, a fuckin retard.

This is the vanguard of the conservative insurrection. Self-incriminating, violent racists.
    Yeah, because they either don’t think they’ll face any consequences or they legitimately think the things they were doing were legal/“GAWD GIVIN RAGHT.” One of the funniest things about the last several decades of conservative media shitheels claiming to be fair and balanced is that they’ve so thoroughly gaslighted their own viewership that they legit can’t tell the difference between legality and criminality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Yeah, because they either don’t think they’ll face any consequences or they legitimately think the things they were doing were legal/“GAWD GIVIN RAGHT.” One of the funniest things about the last several decades of conservative media shitheels claiming to be fair and balanced is that they’ve so thoroughly gaslighted their own viewership that they legit can’t tell the difference between legality and criminality.
    There's a lot of white supremacist privilege at work here.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot of white supremacist privilege at work here.
    Speaking of which, zip tie guy gets to walk out of jail.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/ne...tors-back-down

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

Man, I forgot this fuckin terrorist fuck brought his fucking mother to the insurrection.

Like, was she there with the Snak-Paks, string cheese, and PB&J's with the crusts cut off?

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I forgot this fuckin terrorist fuck brought his fucking mother to the insurrection.

Like, was she there with the Snak-Paks, string cheese, and PB&J's with the crusts cut off?
    Lamberth's order reinstates the release conditions ordered by in January by Nashville Magistrate Chip Frensley, including home detention and electronic monitoring.

The D.C. district judge also prohibited Munchel and Eisenhart from using the Internet and encrypted messaging apps. They are also barred from contact with anyone involved in the Capitol riot.
    I honestly don't think it'll last for very long...

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    How long do you think before one of them tries to sneak a phone back home inside a large cavity in their body?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

Munchel, a former Nashville bartender, was photographed in the Senate gallery, wearing camouflage and holding several sets of plastic flex cuffs that he had apparently picked up inside the Capitol.

Come again? He found them... inside the Capitol?

Damn, people in the Capitol are kinky.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Yes, I'm sure that they'll be very vigorous in their enforcement of those terms.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/01/polit...iot/index.html

The United States Capitol Police's Inspector General has issued a scathing preliminary report about the department's "deficiencies" leading up to the January 6 riot that left five people dead and nearly 140 law enforcement officers injured.

A source familiar with the report told CNN that Inspector General Michael Bolton found that the department failed to send out intelligence the agency possessed as early as December 30 suggesting January 6 protestors may have been "inclined to become violent," adding that the department did not prepare a detailed plan directing all aspects of Capitol Police force.

"UCSP did not prepare a comprehensive, Department-wide plan for demonstrations planned for January 6, 2021," Bolton wrote, according to the source familiar with the report, which is one of several fast-tracked reports about the insurrection.

CBS News was first to report the details of the watchdog's findings.

Bolton also criticized the department for failing to pass along information from others, such as the now-widely reported FBI Norfolk memo that warned for potential violence and a "war" at the Capitol that was disseminated on January 5. According to the report, a Capitol Police intelligence officer sent the email around internally.

Former Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund and Acting Police Chief Yogananda Pittman testified the memo never reached the department's top ranks.

Bolton's report noted even the intelligence that Capitol Police used to prepare was rife with conflicting conclusions -- an observation Acting House Sergeant at Arms Timothy Blodgett noted in a recent hearing about failures by Hill security officials.

Some of the intelligence shared within USCP concluded the chances of civil disobedience and arrests related to the January 6 protest were improbable, despite another assessment that pointed out the anger and frustration among protestors could lead to violence targeted toward Congress.

These initial reports are preliminary, but they are the most substantive and credentialed review into the events of January 6 to date, a congressional source familiar with the documents told CNN on Wednesday. They include a series of findings and recommendations but they are not the IG's final report on the matter, the source added.

House Defense appropriations subcommittee Chairman Tim Ryan said in a statement Wednesday that he had reviewed the report and was looking into the possibility of his committee holding a hearing. "I appreciate IG [Michael] Bolton undertaking this valuable and extensive report," the Ohio Democrat said.
    Sounds like a clown show from top to bottom, they need to get to the bottom of why.

I hope it will all be done backed up by the soothing, dulcet tones of the real Michael Bolton as well.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/danie...b6cf72d0963f8e

In a March 24 court filing requesting that Rodriguez’s indictment be sealed until his arrest, prosecutors wrote that Rodriguez “assaulted an officer with an electroshock weapon during the riot at the U.S. Capitol and has recently expressed a willingness to kill police officers.” Rodriguez is also accused of smashing out a Capitol window with a flagpole, and the grand jury indictment alleges he stole an emergency escape hood.
    Blue lives matter?
    The thin blue line?
    Back the blue?
    All lives matter?

Naw, these are just as bunch of violent, murderous fucks.

Like many Capitol insurrectionists, Rodriguez is a Trump superfan. His social media profiles are littered with “Make America Great Again” content, and he was a regular at pro-Trump demonstrations in Beverly Hills. In 2018, he was quoted in a local news story about the then-president’s brief visit to Los Angeles.
    And they're crystal clear about the motivations for their violent behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I am hoping that all of the Proud Boys, Oathkeepers, and 3 Percenters that were there January 6th get charges tacked on for conspiracy to commit sedition, simply because of the new evidence that was released that they were coordinating by texts and group chats.
    Keep dreaming. Most people who attended the insurrection will never see any consequenses.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Keep dreaming. Most people who attended the insurrection will never see any consequenses.
    Many people, probably. But at least some of them absolutely will.

I dunno, the ones without money, that can't buy a good lawyer, don't have the option to buy their way out of consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Many people, probably. But at least some of them absolutely will.
    Only the ones with direct evidence of attacking cops. The rest are getting off, relative to what they did.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I dunno, the ones without money, that can't buy a good lawyer, don't have the option to buy their way out of consequences.
    There were thousands of people at this fucktwit jamboree. They don't have evidence on all of them that would cut it in court. Nothing to do with money. There were simply too many people. The vast majority got to have their little inserrection holiday and then go home and sleep like a baby. This is white privilege you cannot buy with money (well you can, but you don't have to).
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2021-04-02 at 01:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There were thousands of people at this fucktwit jamboree. They don't have evidence on all of them that would cut it in court. Nothing to do with money. There were simply too many people. The vast majority got to have their little inserrection holiday and then go home and sleep like a baby. This is white privilege you cannot buy with money (well you can, but you don't have to).
    I think it's more a domino thing.

Once you get convictions on some of the really egregious cases, you've established that criminal acts were committed by the group, and that provides justification for pushing criminal conspiracy charges against literally any and every member of the protest who pushed past the Capitol doors (I'll make allowances for those who didn't participate in breaking and entering and stayed outside). If they can get a murder conviction on anyone, that makes every single person there responsible for that murder, legally, via the felony murder rule.

But you need those first convictions to get the ball really rolling. Then the criminality is a legal fact that can't be contested in those subsequent trials, as you'd need to appeal that prior conviction to change that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I think it's more a domino thing.

Once you get convictions on some of the really egregious cases, you've established that criminal acts were committed by the group, and that provides justification for pushing criminal conspiracy charges against literally any and every member of the protest who pushed past the Capitol doors (I'll make allowances for those who didn't participate in breaking and entering and stayed outside). If they can get a murder conviction on anyone, that makes every single person there responsible for that murder, legally, via the felony murder rule.

But you need those first convictions to get the ball really rolling. Then the criminality is a legal fact that can't be contested in those subsequent trials, as you'd need to appeal that prior conviction to change that fact.
    That sounds plausible... in la la land. Most of these people will get off scot free. I know it, you know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds plausible... in la la land. Most of these people will get off scot free. I know it, you know it.
    I mean, I'm speaking to how justice should work out.

But the USA has a long history of giving white supremacist dingdongs a free pass on violent crimes. Starting way back with the entire goddamned Confederacy, who basically all just got told "Bad racists! No! Go home and think about the hundreds of thousands of murders you're responsible for!"

10+ Year Old Account
    capital on lockdown again, some car tried to charge a checkpoint

reports still coming in
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    capital on lockdown again, some car tried to charge a checkpoint

reports still coming in
    Two officers were injured when the car rammed into them, they've been transported to the hospital. The suspect is in custody.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020