Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The hallmark of a shitty forum poster is one who cannot remember their own point.

Except...

Whoops....
    So now you're not only a walking hilarity, but you're a fucking liar, too.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG you are just adorable. We all love your abandonment of reality when you're proven to be wrong over and over and over again - and now a documented liar. You never link any cites or evidence, you lie all the time, you move or outright ignore goalposts. You didn't even know what your original point was until I reminded you. You call people names and insult them like the child you are, and when faced with your own contradictory words, you abandon all reality and change the story. Several people, actually everyone who still enjoys the hilarity of "debating" you in this thread, have pointed out over and over and over and over again how wrong you've been since the beginning of your ridiculous diatribe into your *feels* position, and you just truck along, ignoring reality and embracing your unfounded and ridiculous opinion.

But please, go on about how I "lost my shit" during this conversation - it's fucking hysterical. Just like all your other asinine posts.
    No one on this site is more impotent at the "gotcha" than you. You keep rattling on and on and on about points you didn't score with proof you didn't provide and lies that weren't told.

I said the quote in the context of the hypothetical that started this whole thing. Jesus, cubby you got serious serious serious fucking problems. Do I need to make a fucking disclaimer in every post of a single fucking argument to remind you it was a hypothetical? I guess so.

You did lose your shit. Someone spoke negatively of Biden, and you jumped in like Orlong used to for Trump. And why? Because I have the utter audacity to not want a repeat of the impotent Mueller Report and finally have Trump brought to justice.

Fine, if* it happens and they don't prosecute, I hope you'll be happy. Enjoy a world where Trump gets off scot free, Biden and Garland do nothing to help bring justice and you can sit there in utter disbelief as Republicans get WORSE in 2024 and the country moves more and more towards facsim, because there's no consequences, thanks to people like you, and your petty bullshit with your raging hard ons for procedure and politics. We live in the timeline you fucking deserve.

And for fuck's sake, the argument was finally dead and you just add to come in stirring shit, because you're THAT fucking guy.

*Disclaimer: The word "if" does not denote an affirmative.
    **Disclaimer: This scenario mentioned in this sentence refers back to the word "if" from the previous sentence, which indicates the mentioned scenario is NOT guaranteed to happen.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    No one on this site is more impotent at the "gotcha" than you. You keep rattling on and on and on about points you didn't score with proof you didn't provide and lies that weren't told.

I said the quote in the context of the hypothetical that started this whole thing. Jesus, cubby you got serious serious serious fucking problems. Do I need to make a fucking disclaimer in every post of a single fucking argument to remind you it was a hypothetical? I guess so.

You did lose your shit. Someone spoke negatively of Biden, and you jumped in like Orlong used to for Trump. And why? Because I have the utter audacity to not want a repeat of the impotent Mueller Report and finally have Trump brought to justice.

Fine, if* it happens and they don't prosecute, I hope you'll be happy. Enjoy a world where Trump gets off scot free, Biden and Garland do nothing to help bring justice and you can sit there in utter disbelief as Republicans get WORSE in 2024 and the country moves more and more towards facsim, because there's no consequences, thanks to people like you, and your petty bullshit with your raging hard ons for procedure and politics. We live in the timeline you fucking deserve.

And for fuck's sake, the argument was finally dead and you just add to come in stirring shit, because you're THAT fucking guy.

*Disclaimer: The word "if" does not denote an affirmative.
    **Disclaimer: This scenario mentioned in this sentence refers back to the word "if" from the previous sentence, which indicates the mentioned scenario is NOT guaranteed to happen.
    Ladies and gentleman, the voice and reply of an adolescent mind who lacks any ability to admit they are wrong. Even after being revealed to be an objective liar.

We showed you were wrong with both analysis and evidence.
    We showed you were lying using your own words against you.
    We showed you were incapable of intelligent analysis and instead resorted to personal attacks and adolescent name calling.
    We showed you were incapable of admitting you were wrong, even after demonstrably showing you to be wrong, multiple times, on multiple subjects.

Thanks for the hilarity - and keep going with your irrelevant and incorrect diatribe into something you already admitted to being wrong and then lied about. The rest of us will move on with the adult conversation.

You keep being you, Boda.

Then prove us all wrong, and let it go here. Right now.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-08-06 at 01:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ladies and gentleman, the voice and reply of an adolescent mind who lacks any ability to admit they are wrong. Even after being revealed to be an objective liar.

Thanks for the hilarity - and keep going with your irrelevant and incorrect diatribe into something you already admitted to being wrong and then lied about. The rest of us will move on with the adult conversation.

Honestly, the guy's not worth arguing with, because he just keeps making shit up, ad nauseam; he's Don Quixote, tilting as strawmen. The outright lies and utter fabrications are just staggering, but at least we can rest assured that nobody is going to take him seriously.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

We showed you were wrong with both analysis and evidence.
    We showed you were lying using your own words against you.
    We showed you were incapable of intelligent analysis and instead resorted to personal attacks and name calling.
    We showed you were incapable of admitting you were wrong, even after demonstrably showing you to be wrong, multiple times, on multiple subjects.

Then prove us all wrong, and let it go here. Right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Honestly, the guy's not worth arguing with, because he just keeps making shit up, ad nauseam; he's Don Quixote, tilting as strawmen. The outright lies and utter fabrications are just staggering, but at least we can rest assured that nobody is going to take him seriously.
    Literally none of that happened. Not one bit of it. Get help.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2021-08-06 at 01:28 AM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Huh, well that's going to be fun. Another "peaceful protect" will be heading to Washington D.C. next month to protest the arrest and prosecution of January 6th insurrectionist. Fun. I wonder how things will pan out this time.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/matt-...b05f8157079a71

5+ Year Old Account
    Tone it down and get back on track.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is worth the read - it is exceedingly comprehensive.

An amazing timeline put together by a group of reporters piecing together the various investigative efforts from state and federal prosecutors regarding Trump's attempts to overthrow the government.
    Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis has said the criminal investigation includes potential “solicitation of election fraud, the making of false statements to state and local governmental bodies, conspiracy, racketeering, violation of oath of office and any involvement in violence or threats related to the election’s administration.”
    The article documents and incredibly detailed timeline starting on Nov 3 until the past week, going through each event, from various parties, documenting Trump's literally felonious behavior. It is very much worth the read.

It's looking more and more like Trump and his cronies will be facing some kind of charges - either federal or state (Georgia). If I had to take an educated guess, it's going to be state (Georgia). There is no universe in which the DoJ isn't cooperating with Georgia state and local prosecutors and investigators.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post
    Huh, well that's going to be fun. Another "peaceful protect" will be heading to Washington D.C. next month to protest the arrest and prosecution of January 6th insurrectionist. Fun. I wonder how things will pan out this time.

Except there isn’t going to be a wannabe-dictator holding back the relevant law enforcement bodies this time around.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Except there isn’t going to be a wannabe-dictator holding back the relevant law enforcement bodies this time around.
    Honestly, there's a part me of that hopes these fuckers try that shit now. I'm not saying its a part of me I'm proud of, but it is there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, there's a part me of that hopes these fuckers try that shit now. I'm not saying its a part of me I'm proud of, but it is there.
    I’d also imagine the DC and capitol police are pretty effin’ steamed about the GOP’s gaslighting, not to mention dealing with several of their law enforcement colleagues taking their own lives.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I’d also imagine the DC and capitol police are pretty effin’ steamed about the GOP’s gaslighting, not to mention dealing with several of their law enforcement colleagues taking their own lives.
    Yeah, these idiots will be decimated if they tried it. Which again, in the Thanos part of my brain, is.....appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...08590601265152

I love that Madison Cawthorn posted a "behind the scenes" video filming everyone at this table as they're discussing something.

The fundamental unseriousness of these people infuriates me, but I guess it fits in that the Republican party has turned into a twisted, awful reality show.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    New Jersey gym owner is first US Capitol rioter to plead guilty to assaulting a police officer on January 6.

This is, to quote the Deplorable-in-Chief, YUGE. Pleading out to assault of an officer is bad - it means the evidence was so clear, so convincing, that it was better to plead out and beg of a lesser sentence than face a jury.

Even better, it means federal prosecutors are going after greater charges, assault and such, doing what we expected and was hinted at, prosecuting the lesser charges first, testing the waters, etc.

Expect more of these assault charges and even bigger ones to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they were just interested in a tour?

DC Tunnel History Site Flagged Suspicious Activity Before Capitol Insurrection

Web traffic to WashingtonTunnels.com was so unusually high starting on Jan. 1 that the site’s operator notified the FBI

The founder and administrator of an obscure website about underground infrastructure in Washington, D.C., saw a sudden and suspicious spike in traffic in the days before the U.S. Capitol insurrection.

The sharp increase in web visitors alarmed the site’s operator so much that he contacted the FBI. Elliot Carter, who operates the site, worried people were covertly seeking escape routes or entry points to the Capitol ahead of the electoral college count in January.

That concern about web traffic to WashingtonTunnels.com eventually made its way to leadership of U.S. Capitol Police, the News4 I-Team has learned.

“These people were suddenly obsessed with the Capitol building,” Carter said.

Carter, a longtime D.C. professional who once interned on Capitol Hill, created and curates the website detailing the history of underground tunnels and pipe systems in the nation’s capitol. The site, which has a narrow but devoted following among D.C.-area history and city planning buffs, includes maps and details of the underground transit rail system, along with water and sewer systems.

Carter has also included maps of the unique and heavily traveled underground tunnels on the Hill, which connect the Capitol building to House and Senate Office Buildings, the Library of Congress and the Capitol Visitor Center.

Traffic on the website is usually limited to visitors and referrals from people in D.C. and in nearby communities in Virginia and Maryland, Carter said. But starting on New Year’s Day, a spike in traffic included visitors nationwide. He said a deeper review of analytics from his site revealed many of the clicks were coming from hyperlinks shared on anonymous message boards, sites and forums named after militias or firearms, or using Donald Trump’s name.

“These were names I really didn’t recognize,” he said.

Carter said his concerns led him to email the FBI’s Washington Field Office. Though he said he did not receive a response, the tip about WashingtonTunnels.com was mentioned in the U.S. Senate Rules Committee’s June 2021 review of the U.S. Capitol insurrection. The committee’s report said an “online tip” was “received by the FBI National Threat Operations Center of a ‘significant uptick’ in new visitors to the website WashingtonTunnels.com.”

In a written statement to the NEWS4 I-Team, a US Capitol Police spokesman said: “A law enforcement source alerted U.S. Capitol Police leadership to the spike in website traffic regarding the maps. Ahead of January 6, the USCP knew Congress and the Capitol grounds were to be the focus of a large demonstration attracting various groups, including some encouraging violence. Based on this information, the Department enhanced its security posture. What the intelligence didn’t reveal was the large-scale demonstration would become a large-scale attack on the Capitol Building, as there was no specific, credible intelligence about such an attack. The USCP consumes intelligence from every federal agency. At no point prior to January 6 did it receive actionable intelligence about a large-scale attack.”

News4 also reached out to the FBI but did not hear back.

The wave of traffic that flooded WashingtonTunnels.com might have started on anonymous message boards, but it appears to have transitioned onto mainstream social media sites. The I-Team’s review found that a hyperlink to the website was shared on Twitter on Jan. 4.

Kristofer Goldsmith, a military veteran who studies extremist groups and their use of social media and communications technology, said the sudden flow of visitors to Carter’s website indicates the information eventually was shared on mainstream social media platforms.

“It may start in the dark corners of the internet, but where it becomes dangerous is when it ends up on these mainstream platforms,” Goldsmith said.

Carter said he briefly took the website offline, in the wake of the Insurrection, but reposted it. He said the site does not contain any sensitive information that is not available from other sources for the public.

Thousands of staffers and visitors use the underground tunnels on Capitol Hill on a daily basis, when the campus is open to tourists. The underground labyrinth includes small shops, a post office, credit union branches, food courts and offices.
    Anyone who doesn't buy that the January 6th insurrection was premeditated is just absolutely fooling themselves.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

https://www.opb.org/article/2021/08/...tol-insursion/

On Dec. 21, then-state Rep. Mike Nearman followed through on a scheme he’d been working on for nearly a week.

After texting about his plans in advance with at least one ally, participating in an encrypted social media group dedicated specifically to his “Operation Hall Pass” concept, and telling supporters how to send him status updates, Nearman, a Republican, allowed armed demonstrators into the locked state Capitol.

According to an Oregon State Police investigation obtained by OPB via public records request, Nearman texted with at least two supporters the morning of Dec. 21, instructing each to show up to a specific entrance at the state Capitol as lawmakers convened for a special session. Less than 20 minutes later, he opened that locked entrance for a crowd that immediately clashed with police.

Other preparations for the incursion, apparently conducted via the encrypted messaging app Telegram, were not available to OSP, though police noted that surveillance footage of the House chamber suggests Nearman was using his phone extensively in the minutes before allowing demonstrators inside.

The newly released documents change none of the revelations that propelled Nearman from a longtime conservative state lawmaker to the first person ever expelled from the Oregon Legislature. But investigative reports detailing interviews, search warrant findings, and social media posts offer a clearer picture of Nearman’s interactions with supporters in the days before he allowed the Capitol breach, showing more extensive preparation by the disgraced lawmaker than was previously known.
    The insurrection attempts came from inside the House.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.opb.org/article/2021/08/...tol-insursion/

On Dec. 21, then-state Rep. Mike Nearman followed through on a scheme he’d been working on for nearly a week.

The insurrection attempts came from inside the House.
    This was the one from Oregon, not the US Capitol in D.C.

I seem to recall this being reported on previously:

https://www.opb.org/article/2021/01/...regon-capitol/

Authorities are investigating whether demonstrators who gained access to the Oregon State Capitol last month were allowed in purposefully by a state lawmaker.

Huh, so Republicans are actively supporting insurrectionists.

Burn the party to the ground. The Republican party is the party of traitors who are still salty they lost a Civil War before the Southern Strategy flipped the parties.
    ...and again back in April:

https://www.opb.org/article/2021/04/...outputType=amp

News on a different Capitol insurrection/riot -

State Rep Mike Nearman, the Polk County Republican who allowed far-right demonstrators to breach the state Capitol in December, now faces criminal charges.

I know, I know, it's hard to keep all the GoP insurrection plotlines straight.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Capitol Police are responding to a claim of an explosive device in a truck near the U.S. Capitol. They have evacuated multiple nearby buildings.

I'm not sure why they're doing evacuations, this truck owner sounds like a normal tourist to me.

On a serious note, authorities are now negotiating with the owner of the pickup truck, which does not have any license plates.
    Last edited by Ursus; 2021-08-19 at 04:22 PM.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Another link with live updates: https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...ives-08-19-21/

US Capitol Police Chief Tom Manger provided an update on the bomb threat investigation near the US Capitol during a news conference.

"Around 9:15 am this morning, a man in black pickup truck drove onto the sidewalk in front of the Library of Congress near First and Independence Southeast. We responded to a disturbance call. The driver of the truck told the responding officer on the scene that he had a bomb and what appeared, the officer said, appeared to be a detonator in the man's hand. So we immediately evacuated the nearby buildings," Manger said.

Manger said in a news conference near the Capitol that the suspect had been live-streaming and that officials have a “possible name” but added “we don’t have much information about him at this time.”

Video has been posted on Facebook by the suspect, a law enforcement official tells CNN. CNN is not yet naming the suspect. A video that lasts about a half hour shows an individual from inside a truck, holding a canister that he says is a bomb and speaking about a “revolution.”
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Who else had "Middle-aged White Dude" on their Bingo?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're leaving out the best parts:
    2/ It appears he originally planned something for Labor Day. Tells "Biden and Nancy" they better leave unless they "want to hear people scream". etc.

3/ "labor day weekend they gonna know the motherfuckin south was there"

--Alexandre Dumas-fils