UST IN: Rubio says Jan. 6 hearing is Democrats' "free documentary" sponsored by mainstream media

From Merriam-Webster:

Definition of documentary (Entry 1 of 2)
    1: being or consisting of documents : contained or certified in writing
    documentary evidence

Umm, ok. I guess Rubio is endorsing the hearings. But in all honesty Rubio is a dumb mother effer, thinking this is a burn on the mainstream media I guess.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Ahh yes. The GOP promises to investigate the Jan 6 investigations if they take control of the House in November. And we all know that Fox News will most definitely show it. There might be 33 hearings too. Since the GOP love their investigations.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...f5f8ff0e0b106f

Republicans pledge investigation into Jan. 6 investigation

House Republicans announced their intent to conduct their own investigation into the Jan. 6 committee should they overtake leadership of the chamber.

The minority on the House Committee on Administration sent a letter asking the select committee investigating the attack to preserve all its records, a preamble to obtaining those documents in what would become an investigation into an investigation.

“When Republicans once again hold the gavel and I am Chairman of the House Administration Committee, one of our first priorities is going to be launching a full investigation into Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the Select Committee’s circus,” Ranking Member Rodney Davis (R-Ill.) wrote in a letter to Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), chair of the Jan. 6 committee.

A spokesman for the panel declined to comment.

The letter comes just hours before the Jan. 6 committee is set to have its first public hearing in prime time on Thursday.

Even as the committee prepares to share with the world what it’s learned in months of close-door interviews, it’s been largely proprietary over the materials it’s gathered, rejecting a request from the Department of Justice to share its depositions.

While Davis’s letter cites “on-going questions concerning the Select Committee’s compliance with federal law and House Rules,” courts have largely rebuffed those arguments, siding with the committee in litigation seeking to block its ability to access information.

The GOP elsewhere on Thursday sought to show an eagerness into investigating the riots on Jan. 6, despite boycotting the committee after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) rejected several picks to serve on the committee.

“We’d like to get to the bottom of why this Capitol was so ill-prepared,” House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) told reporters in a briefing Thursday, pointing to a letter from Rep. Jim Banks (R-Ind.), one of his initial picks to serve on the Jan. 6 panel.

The letter from Banks to Pelosi includes a familiar Republican focus on the security failings leading up to the attack, but also seeks to determine whether the speaker played any role in limiting assistance for lawmakers that day.

Pelosi has dismissed the idea, saying she has no control over security measures taken for the Capitol.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Ahh yes. The GOP promises to investigate the Jan 6 investigations if they take control of the House in November. And we all know that Fox News will most definitely show it. There might be 33 hearings too. Since the GOP love their investigations.
    Dems better hurry up cause likely the coming of bloody November this will get buried.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Dems better hurry up cause likely the coming of bloody November this will get buried.
    All the dems need to do is right before the election, send it over to the DoJ as it would be out of the House then. House Republicans can't do much about the DoJ unless they also get the Presidency.

All the dems need to do is right before the election, send it over to the DoJ as it would be out of the House then. House Republicans can't do much about the DoJ unless they also get the Presidency.
    Problem is Dems are wussies. I understand there is due diligence and can't be rushed but considering Congress vacations and events in general we are up against the wall and the elections are very, very close.

More to my original statement is the Public doesn't care. A tweet from The Hill talks about polls having Trump less implicated in Jan. 6th. Fox News not caring it and let's say a good 40% who no matter what would deny Jan 6h (oh btw this is not just that date but the immediate undermining when Trump lost). The others may be just disinterested which for people like us is Amazing!

My last point is the election will be much more about the economy. I won't get into the economy as much but its Shocking that people vote for a party no matter what when they tried to overthrow our government and moving forward seem to want to take down our democracy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Considering Navarro’s grand jury subpoena I’m pretty sure the DoJ is already working on it.
    Oooh are you certain. Garland has been very disappointing in going after people. Maybe that's me wanting results now and I could be wrong. Yet, if this is going to be some last minute, meaning in 2023 and 2024, prosecutions than it's moot. They will be buried. I still stand that Garland is an empty suit.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...-a-lawyer-food

Have we covered Navarro's hilarious lies yet?

The Justice Department on Thursday pushed back on an assertion from former Trump White House official Peter Navarro, who had claimed he was denied access to an attorney when he was arrested on contempt charges last week.

In a court filing, the Justice Department alleged that Navarro lied to the judge and to members of the media by claiming he was told he couldn’t call a lawyer and that he was denied food and water while being held for several hours after his arrest on Friday.

The Justice Department also released a copy of an FBI agent’s report on Thursday, which detailed Navarro’s arrest at Reagan National Airport and describes how agents accommodated him by giving him chocolates, allowing him time to comfort a travel companion at the airport and repeatedly adjusting his handcuffs by loosening them and giving more space between his wrists after he complained.

It said Navarro was advised of his rights and was told the agents didn’t want to interview him. He asked to make a phone call, the report said, and an agent told him they would contact his attorney if he gave them the name of the lawyer.

The report says Navarro responded, “I’m supposed to be on live television tonight. I’d like to call the producer and tell him I’m not going to be there. Can I have my phone?” The agent then told him that they would quickly make arrangements for a call with his lawyer, if he provided the attorney’s name.
    Which is all stupid and shit, but isn't Navarro acting as his own attorney?

“Next thing I know, I’m in leg irons, handcuffs and strip-searched,” Navarro said. “People do not want to sit in solitary confinement in leg irons, denied food, denied water, denied an attorney. This is what we live in.”

The FBI report said Navarro was given a bottle of water, chocolate, nuts and dried fruits about an hour after he was arrested at the airport. Navarro “was asked if he wanted anything else to eat or drink which he declined,” the report said.
    Lying liars lying lyingly.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    There should be another one in Pennsylvania. Doug Mastriano should be next.

Well, it is showtime. And with video footage too so nobody can state that it is "fake testimony" when it is video of them speaking.

EDIT: The first thing that came out is directly blaming Donald J Trump was at the center of the Jan 6 insurrection.

It's disgusting and terrifying how close we came (may come) to losing our democracy and how so many are still in Trump's cult of personality.

I sincerely hope these hearings and the consequences to follow for those involved will properly take care of business.

42 minutes in, and already, we are finding out things from people that have testified, including staunch Trump supporters, that EVERYTHING from November 7th, when Biden was declared winner, til Jan 6th, is nothing but planning to overthrow the fucking election.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    the consequences to follow for those involved
    [insert Bender "laugh harder" video]

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    42 minutes in, and already, we are finding out things from people that have testified, including staunch Trump supporters, that EVERYTHING from November 7th, when Biden was declared winner, til Jan 6th, is nothing but planning to overthrow the fucking election.
    They all knew. The whole "stolen election" has been bullshit since before it happened. Keep in mind that the GOP has been "the Party that Cried Wolf" when it comes to election fraud for a LOOOONG time now. Trump wasn't the first GOP president to have a commission on the issue, nor the first to have a commission that found diddly squat.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Wow, they are showing some of these videos, some that I have never seen, they showed that these Traitor Trump humping morons, walked by dozens of windows, to get to windows that weren't reinforced to break them. That throws out the narrative that they were simply just "let in" like some of them are claiming. I knew that was bullshit, but no one was let in til they were already overrun.

So Pence was acting president for a period of time, confirmed, 25th amendment invoked possibly, this is wild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty powerful opening here.

And can Chuck Todd go away please.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Pretty powerful opening here.

And can Chuck Todd go away please.
    You know, I would rather just have footage of the room instead of commentary. I personally don't need a recap that tells me what I just saw a few minutes ago. I know it is for people who didn't catch it from the start but I would love to just have the choice.

Been watching here.

Thanks for the link, was about to go looking for one after work wrapped up. Been watching /r/politics which is my unofficial generalized newsfeed to keep up with the tidbits so far.

Been watching here.

Ah, ok. I might have to pull that up instead of watching NBC news streaming channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I would rather just have footage of the room instead of commentary. I personally don't need a recap that tells me what I just saw a few minutes ago. I know it is for people who didn't catch it from the start but I would love to just have the choice.
    Yeah I thought this was just the hearing.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah I thought this was just the hearing.
    Yeah, if you get NBC news, you have to look at Chuck Todd and nobody wants that.