10+ Year Old Account
    Proud Boys leaders ask DOJ to help subpoena Trump

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

An attorney for one of the leading members of the right-wing Proud Boys group said on Thursday that they need assistance from the Justice Department to subpoena former President Trump in their ongoing seditious conspiracy trial, according to multiple reports.

Norm Pattis, the attorney for Proud Boys member Joseph Biggs, said in court on Thursday that they need the government’s assistance to serve the subpoena due to the presence of Secret Service, according to the Washington Post.

“At all times relevant, Trump was president of the United States, and it’s the government’s obligation to produce him,” Pattis said, per the Post.

“Donald Trump called on patriots to stop the steal,” he added, according to NBC News. “We’re calling on Donald Trump to take the stand.”
    There are two options here.

One, they know Trump will fight a subpoena and they'll point to Trump's empty chair and say "we can't get a fair trial because the DOJ won't produce Trump" when they know full well it's Trump's fault for not showing up, hoping to abuse the system. This feels like when two different defendants to the same crime insist on different trials so each can blame the other and get reasonable doubt.

Or two, they're panicking and are ready to turn on Trump to save themselves.

Biggs is one of five Proud Boys on trial for seditious conspiracy related to their actions during the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. Attorneys for the five defendants have previously argued that Trump bears responsibility for the Jan. 6 riot, pointing to several of the former president’s public statements.
    I do not know if that professed belief is genuine, or if they're just trying to not go to jail by blaming a third party who would rather die than go under oath for Jan 6th and therefore won't appear and therefore the Proud Boys can pretend they have a valid defense.

Both options signal desperation. These fuckers are going to jail, and they know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Proud Boys leaders ask DOJ to help subpoena Trump

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

There are two options here.

One, they know Trump will fight a subpoena and they'll point to Trump's empty chair and say "we can't get a fair trial because the DOJ won't produce Trump" when they know full well it's Trump's fault for not showing up, hoping to abuse the system. This feels like when two different defendants to the same crime insist on different trials so each can blame the other and get reasonable doubt.

Or two, they're panicking and are ready to turn on Trump to save themselves.

I do not know if that professed belief is genuine, or if they're just trying to not go to jail by blaming a third party who would rather die than go under oath for Jan 6th and therefore won't appear and therefore the Proud Boys can pretend they have a valid defense.

Both options signal desperation. These fuckers are going to jail, and they know it.
    They really want Trump to go to prison for perjury?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    They really want Trump to go to prison for perjury?
    I mean, it is either poorly thought out, or they feel betrayed and therefore "yes, they do".

But Trump won't testify and the judge won't make him. I still suspect the Proud Boys know that and can accuse Trump on the stand of being the mastermind, since Trump won't refute it in the courtroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean, it is either poorly thought out, or they feel betrayed and therefore "yes, they do".

But Trump won't testify and the judge won't make him. I still suspect the Proud Boys know that and can accuse Trump on the stand of being the mastermind, since Trump won't refute it in the courtroom.
    I hope they try. Because we already have their 1776 plan, that shows they planned the insurrection. Hope they enjoy prison for a long ass time.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    What in the world are they trying to do here?

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3...lance-footage/
    Trying to rile up the base with some sort of out of context clip like they always do?

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    What in the world are they trying to do here?

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3...lance-footage/
    Exactly what one does when one hands a trove of footage over to a propagandist: Have them use it to create propaganda.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for the cherry picked footage to hit social media and every right wing groyper to start going "SEE IT WASN'T A RIOT" after they've watched the most tame footage.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Exactly what one does when one hands a trove of footage over to a propagandist: Have them use it to create propaganda.
    Just like what Elon did with the Twitter files, meanwhile, if people actually read all of them, it shows that Trump broke the law, Twitter only blocked something that is against their ToS, and was paid by the FBI because that is what the FBI always does when asking for a service looking for terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Just like what Elon did with the Twitter files, meanwhile, if people actually read all of them, it shows that Trump broke the law, Twitter only blocked something that is against their ToS, and was paid by the FBI because that is what the FBI always does when asking for a service looking for terrorists.
    Yes, facts and reality don't matter to these people as we've repeatedly seen. Taibbi only reporting on Democratic communications with Twitter and not reporting any of the Republican communications? Surely that's not noteworthy? Not worth further inquiry? Not worth wondering if there's a reason why?

No, just accept without critical thought because it reinforces your world view and keep repeating it uncritically because a guy who spent $44B on a social media company after losing a game of chicken clearly is not in the salt mines and clearly has no agendas or anything. He's actually very happy with his purchase.

I can't wait to see what Tucker turns out and how Republicans in the House try to use that footage to continue to create this fictional version of history where Jan. 6 2021 was a day of peaceful protests, it was like tourist groups walking through the Capitol. And then Ashley Babbitt was martyred out of nowhere by this fed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Can't wait for the cherry picked footage to hit social media and every right wing groyper to start going "SEE IT WASN'T A RIOT" after they've watched the most tame footage.
    I don't think anyone really cares to be blunt. Political violence is pretty normalized on both sides. It's why most people see something so minor as an over reaction.

All the old terrors are slowly creeping back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    I don't think anyone really cares to be blunt. Political violence is pretty normalized on both sides.
    This dishonest bullshit needs to stop.

It's curious that y'all "totally not right wingers" never actually provide any evidence or links to support this bullshit.

This dishonest bullshit needs to stop.

It's curious that y'all "totally not right wingers" never actually provide any evidence or links to support this bullshit.
    You won't accept it so why bother..?

You will handwave it away as a fiery but peaceful protest. I'm not really up to debate it simply pointing out why most people are "whatever" about it.

Political violence is pretty normalized on both sides.
    You couldn't substantiate this if your fucking life depended on it.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    You couldn't substantiate this if your fucking life depended on it.
    It was a lively but most peaceful guided tour.

Find me sources that aren't akin to Breitbart and I'll be happy to look at them.

Don't just complain about it.

You will handwave it away as a fiery but peaceful protest. I'm not really up to debate it simply pointing out why most people are "whatever" about it.
    If you're going to attempt to compare violence during the summer of protests against police violence to Jan. 6 then yes, you'll be criticized for the hilariously terrible and likely dishonest comparison.

Find me sources that aren't akin to Breitbart and I'll be happy to look at them.

Don't just complain about it.

If you're going to attempt to compare violence during the summer of protests against police violence to Jan. 6 then yes, you'll be criticized for the hilariously terrible and likely dishonest comparison.
    If you insisting just gonna be bemused as you explain how political violence you support is righteous and political violence you disagree with is villainous.

It's less the topic I find amusing then how each echo chamber twists itself into a pretzel to take the moral high ground.

If you insisting just gonna be bemused as you explain how political violence you support is righteous and political violence you disagree with is villainous.

It's less the topic I find amusing then how each echo chamber twists itself into a pretzel to take the moral high ground.
    So...no links, no evidence, just "both sides" galaxy brain takes with you telling me what I'm going to do rather than having an actual discussion.

That's unfortunate.3

10+ Year Old Account
    I know you're gone, but I wanted to make a point.

The law is political. That means police violence is, objectively, "political violence". That includes every order issued, every single arrest, all jails, all detainings, every single traffic stop, all "political violence", because it's all backed by the implicit threat of their firearm and their endorsed ability to use violence against you in pursuit of their duties.

Everyone supports violence. It's a question of the intent behind it.

And worse; there is no equivalence between political violence by non-police by actors on the right or left. The right wing is far more violent, and with far less justification. That's simply an observable fact, and if you're contesting that, you're a right-winger trying to lie about the truth as a form of defense.

I don't think anyone really cares to be blunt. Political violence is pretty normalized on both sides. It's why most people see something so minor as an over reaction.

All the old terrors are slowly creeping back.
    Show me one instance of terrorism by the left side for say, the last 20 years. You might have 1 with the Steve Scalise shooting, and that was widely condemned by everyone, including Bernie, who the guy supported. Meanwhile, I can point to HUNDREDS by right wingers.

- - - Updated - - -

AKA you can't prove it.

- - - Updated - - -

It was a lively but most peaceful guided tour.
    Yet, every department in the Doj and judicial system has said it wasn't.