Soulforges as arms

Tried to do the soulforges layer 8 on my arms warrior. Got to the second level and got beat. Any tips? Are there some necessary abilities you need asap to survive in here? I did my best to chain kills for victory rush, but with no second wind I just couldn't survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Just keep chaining with Victory Rush until you get either Whirlwind heal or the first vendor to buy ravenous anima cell to get the heat absorbtion power that reduces the damage to basically nothing. You probably should just do it with Second Wind though. Just leave random mobs alive and kite them to the next pack or whatever to heal up.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2021-04-07 at 03:45 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can eat food in torghast to heal, so bring lots of food to eat between pulls. It’s pretty rough going still but doable.

I didn't even think to eat, just with the dot, I shall stock up then, cheers.

It is a pity second wind doesn't work in there.

Impending Victory is a must for any Torghast wing as Arms, IMO

I did all 8 layers together with an prot paladin. It was a breeze. So, easiest way for you would be to get an partner

Managed it with food, stupid of me not to bring any, just assumed the damage would interrupt it, but it didn't. Cheers.

It's tough on the first couple of levels, but you can manage fine with victory rush.
    I really wish we had rage from the periodic damage there - that would fix a lot of the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubben View Post
    I did all 8 layers together with an prot paladin. It was a breeze. So, easiest way for you would be to get an partner
    Actually, this is kinda the advice for any class with a tank spec. Just swap to your tank spec and it's disgustingly easier than the dps spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Tried to do the soulforges layer 8 on my arms warrior. Got to the second level and got beat. Any tips? Are there some necessary abilities you need asap to survive in here? I did my best to chain kills for victory rush, but with no second wind I just couldn't survive.
    There is the rare (blue) anima power that grants you Victory Rush every 20 seconds that helps a lot. Notched Axe Head is the name.

Also, like tehealadin said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    the first vendor to buy ravenous anima cell to get the heat absorbtion power that reduces the damage to basically nothing.
    It must be said that to get the specific anima power you want there, Flamestarved Cinders, you need to use the Ravenous Anima Cell on specific mobs within the Soulforges. They are:
    Flameforge Master
    Forge Keeper
    Mawsworn Firecaller
    Mawsworn Flametender

Also, if there is an elemental invasion:
    Blazing Elemental
    Burning Emberguard

Basically, I got the information here.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    On my 217 guardian I skip at least half the trash with stealth and still clear with no issues. I get maybe 10 powers from unavoidable trash and have about 150 anima total for the last vendor. Ezpz.
    I did layer 8 as a 154 prot warrior, prot warr talents in torghast are crazy op. On my guardian i do the same as you, balance affinity and hotw + boomkin shape convoke melts any and all bosses. Recommend doing it in tank spec

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    It is a pity second wind doesn't work in there.
    It does. But you have to sit in order for SW to trigger. It is weird but still makes the run very easy. Buy a lot food from broker and whenever you are done with mobs click the food to sit and heal from SW(and ofc from the food). you heal to full in seconds.

But the best solution is to buy a anima orb( the one you kill a mob with) from vendor and use it on a fire mage mob which will give you 65% fire damage taken resistance.

Bring you Chicken Nuggies food. Heals you for 1000 every 5 seconds out of combat. Helps keep your health up between pulls.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why is there a tactic for this for ARMS warriors?
    Get Second Wind & Victory Rush talents and Die by the Sword anima power and as many souls as possible. If you stack this twice then you can shit over everything.

And if you're 210+ ilvl you can skip most of the stuff and just rush the last boss.
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2021-04-18 at 10:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never really had an issue with this even at lower gear levels. Just bring some food and use victory rush whenever you can. I've never even bothered with second wind or impending victory, but if you're having trouble I suppose you could. I'd also generally aim for either reduced cd DbtS or auto ignore pain + ignore pain procs DbtS. Either one makes you nearly invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Why is there a tactic for this for ARMS warriors?
    Get Second Wind & Victory Rush talents and Die by the Sword anima power and as many souls as possible. If you stack this twice then you can shit over everything.

And if you're 210+ ilvl you can skip most of the stuff and just rush the last boss.
    You need to read the original comment more closely. Soulforges has a constant ticking fire dot that causes Second Wind to never proc as you're always taking damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    There is the rare (blue) anima power that grants you Victory Rush every 20 seconds that helps a lot. Notched Axe Head is the name.

Also, like tehealadin said:

It must be said that to get the specific anima power you want there, Flamestarved Cinders, you need to use the Ravenous Anima Cell on specific mobs within the Soulforges. They are:
    Flameforge Master
    Forge Keeper
    Mawsworn Firecaller
    Mawsworn Flametender

Also, if there is an elemental invasion:
    Blazing Elemental
    Burning Emberguard

Basically, I got the information here.
    This is the real answer ^

As soon as you get to level 3 and can get the Ravenous anima cell, you are golden. The damage reduction makes not only the dot insignificant, it makes a ton of the mobs insignificant too. You just gotta make sure to get to 250 anima on the first two floors...

The OTHER answer = just get a group. Seriously. It was hard AT LAUNCH to do Torghast in a group compared to solo; after all the nerfs to groups, it's a joke. Healers don't even heal that's how much of a joke it is. And it's MUCH faster, since you usually end up just mass aoeing things. Heck, healers do 30k+ dps on aoe pulls in TG....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    You need to read the original comment more closely. Soulforges has a constant ticking fire dot that causes Second Wind to never proc as you're always taking damage.
    This must have been changed recently because I haven't been in Torghast for 2+ months after shitting all over Twisting Corridors layer 8.
    Never had issues with the constant fire dot.

вау как крутооо