Thread: Frost mage bug?

Frost mage bug?

Is anybody else experiencing a bug when upon release after death, if the mobs havent completely reset, they immediately aggro you? Then run right for you across the entire instance, pulling everything else with them... Is this a frost mage thing? It only happens on this one toon and no guildies have seen it (im the only one dumb enough to play frost.)

Quote Originally Posted by Maged View Post
    Is anybody else experiencing a bug when upon release after death, if the mobs havent completely reset, they immediately aggro you? Then run right for you across the entire instance, pulling everything else with them... Is this a frost mage thing? It only happens on this one toon and no guildies have seen it (im the only one dumb enough to play frost.)
    You either had Blizzard or Frozen Orb active when you released. They don't despawn when you die and as you get instantly ressed upon release, you get aggro.

Yep, it happens to me all the time, even if I'm the last person to release. No Blizzard, Frozen Orb or anything still active, no abilities on cooldown, sometimes it's not even straight away. Often I can sit, drink, mount up, and then randomly whatever you were attacking just randomly enters combat with you and starts charging across the entire dungeon to find you. If they can't run to you, they will teleport to you instead. This also happens with Invisibility, I can Invis, drop threat, eat, mount up, sit there for 10 seconds or so while everyone else runs back, and as they're running back, mobs will just start charging straight at me. Apparently it only happens to Frost Mages, from what I've heard of other people I've been in groups with. No idea why.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this happens. Haven't been able to pin why. You can be down until all the mobs have completely reset, every effect has ended, and they'll start coming after you when you release. Sometimes you have to get back in range of them, such as a few dungeons where your reset is particularly far from where you died.

I have reason to believe it's linked to Mirror Image used on the pull you die, but can't solidly say that's the case as I would have used it on every pull I've died. It can also happen where you're invisible and they've entirely reset, and will come after you as soon as invis ends. If it's what I think it is, it should also be applying to the other specs.

Basically playing frost right now in dungeons is throwing both because of the DPS and this bug which will wipe you on a run back.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2021-01-02 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maged View Post
    Yeah happens a lot.

I've even waited for mobs to completely reset, then some more, and still get aggro when I release, think it happens mostly in Spires.

Only happens with ignite / flamestrike that leaves ticking dmg and I release to quickly. Learned to just wait with releasing for a little bit, seems to work.

Would be nice to see "bug" in action though.

I know there is a bug with Mirror Images that targets wrong mobs or even targets when you cast them without attacking. Accidentally pulled a boss when using mirror images, thought that's only happened twice. 1 in raid which fucked up everyones pull rotation and in ToP after skipping first pack. We killed the big guy before boss and my mirror images decided to attack the boss pulling it for some reason.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm experienced this a few times and they went bye when i did invisible.
    Felt like im going crazy, why deze mobs want me so bad? xD
    Cant remember of i had any orb/rain still out, gonna pay attention to that.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    You either had Blizzard or Frozen Orb active when you released. They don't despawn when you die and as you get instantly ressed upon release, you get aggro.
    Some trinkets could also do it in the past, but I'm not aware of any that would currently do it.

5+ Year Old Account
    It’s because of the trinket that is still triggering mobs while you are dead.

Some trinkets could also do it in the past, but I'm not aware of any that would currently do it.

No bug for me

7+ Year Old Account
    maybe just maybe its cause you are writing in a multiple months old post and the bug is already fixed ? @rugsal

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    maybe just maybe its cause you are writing in a multiple months old post and the bug is already fixed ? @rugsal
    Shush, don't disturb the bot. It's learning right now.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I had this error and what should I do?

Had this error often too