Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post

I actually removed that part precisely to avoid this discussion. There are solutions to this as well. You get kicked, then the rest of the group calls forfeit. If you get kicked constantly by becoming AFK, then you lose more. This is implemented to CS:GO and works like a charm.
    so if you're playing with friends they can't go afk during the run because they'd get kicked?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    useing spears on the 2rd easiest boss is casual as expected form a low io
    i probably have higher score than you do lol... spear is the way on stitchflesh...
    Last edited by Sugarcube; 2021-05-02 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    so if you're playing with friends they can't go afk during the run because they'd get kicked?
    Kick isn't automated. It's simply a vote. However, as I said, that part isn't interesting to the point I am trying to make so I removed it.

Kick isn't automated. It's simply a vote. However, as I said, that part isn't interesting to the point I am trying to make so I removed it.
    so you can go with 4 people and grief someone that you invite as 5th... wow what a great solution...

so you can go with 4 people and grief someone that you invite as 5th... wow what a great solution...
    You read my original post, but you have failed to understand it. Not too surprised considering you keep trying to score internet points even though I said I am not interested in having this discussion.

The proposed solution will result in a penalty only if you keep getting kicked. This is implemented in CS:GO and this method is exposed to a player based that's probably five times bigger than wow and has been there for quite some time now. You get kicked by other players, but that does not immediately result in a penalty. If you keep getting kicked, the problem ain't others. It's you. It works like a charm.

I know why you are triggered and the answer lies in the following reply.

people think it's toxic to not want to play with people who aren't even trying to play the dungeon lol...
    You see the system I suggested is there to address toxic players such as yourself.

You see the system I suggested is there to address toxic players such as yourself.
    there is nothing toxic about leaving groups that are bad lol... you just want to force people to carry you but it will backfire...

there is nothing toxic about leaving groups that are bad lol... you just want to force people to carry you but it will backfire...
    At least give us your battlenet tag so we can put you on the proposed blacklist.

At least give us your battlenet tag so we can put you on the proposed blacklist.
    you have no need to know my tag... i don't know you...

you have no need to know my tag... i don't know you...
    That was a mockery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    There isn't an easy fix or it probably would have been implemented already.
    Sure there is... set up an algorithm that can tell the difference between an actual disconnect or someone leaving the dungeon...

If you leave the dungeon you lose half of your rating. If you get removed from the group nothing happens.

They know how to put timers on people leaving normal dungeons and BGs... so whats the difference?

If you're going to drool over raider.io or the new rating system at least make it realistic where people should be penalized for being dickwads.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post

If you're going to drool over raider.io or the new rating system at least make it realistic where people should be penalized for being dickwads.
    you mean like when people post a key and then they barely outdps the tank or are even under the tank in damage as dps specs? yes... they should be penalized... as should people who are standing so far apart from each other that you can at most hit 2 people with mass dispel...

Sure there is... set up an algorithm that can tell the difference between an actual disconnect or someone leaving the dungeon...

If you leave the dungeon you lose half of your rating. If you get removed from the group nothing happens.

They know how to put timers on people leaving normal dungeons and BGs... so whats the difference?

This has been addressed a zillion times in this thread, including in the rest of the very post you partially quoted. If the system starts to penalise people for leaving, then they won't. Instead keys will be held hostage by intentional DCs, AFKers or griefers who don't want to lose their points. At absolutely best, this wastes even more time than leavers already do. At worst, innocent people will be forced take the penalty just to get out of those toxic runs.

I hate leavers as much as the next guy but I'd rather someone silentlyditch a run 20 minutes into the dungeon and allow me to jump back into a new key, then have it take even longer because we're waiting on the offline or afk person in case they come back, or deal with repair bills because someone is trying to wipe us to get someone else to leave first. I definitely don't want to lose half my rating because I was forced to leave a key after a tank had a tantrum and refused to go further. There are plenty of reasons why a nice player might leave a group first and be justified in doing so, and all of these proposed automated leaver "fixes" all are things that will encourage those circumstances to become more common.

There is no way to automate a leaver penalty without innocent people getting caught in the cross fire. Considering that the repercussions of having a leaver in your group now is only a small amount of time wasted, anything that risks a worse experience for "regular" players is a downgrade to the system, not a positive. Instead of Blizzard spending resources trying to make some automated system that will encourage toxic behaviour instead of avoidant, the best solution is that they instead spend resources to have real people check on reports and manually review and punish chronic leavers. The reality is they are unlikely to do either, but the latter is an infinitely better solution than anything done by an algorithm.

Normal dungeons and BGs are not analogous systems and not relevant here. They are groups created through automation that backfill when someone leaves. They also are "light" content that people care less about / have less at stake, although even there you'll still occasionally encounter griefers or people who demand to be kicked rather than leaving.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| youtube | twitch | twitter |

I see them in most of my runs. People being toxic doesn't necessarily mean depleted key, but you see it. Just today, the healer left a 12 SD run which was going rather smooth. The reason is two other players had a little argument after a mistake which did not even result with a wipe. Your definition of toxic might be the problem here.
    Leaving is not toxic. Healer left because of toxic environment probably. If there are people shit talking each other or acting with malicious intent, that's toxic.
    Again, I don't see these toxic guys everyone is talking about, especially not every day.

Seriously: what the fuck are people doing where "leavers" are enough of an issue that people are coming with a myriad of ridiculous "solutions". I certainly run into a leaver or toxic player here and there but not nearly enough that I want some wack-a-do system put into place to combat it.

Learn to use raider.io more effectively. That's the solution for people who are frequently running into "leavers".
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2021-05-03 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I don't see what you will gain by forcing players into a run they don't see as doable anymore. Wipe 3 times. Key won't get finsihed. Why bother doing it at all?

I get if it is only to get a weekly chest. But you can write that when you queue the key and only people who don't care about timing will queue for it.

Otherwise? You will just create people who will NOT leave for fear of repercussions but instead play just bad enough so blizz cannot reprimand them for throwing but not good enough that anyone will have fun or you will be able to finsih the key.

Mythic+ keys are not build so you can finish every single one. ESPECIALLY in pugs where you don't even get a training effect with your team as you will never play with these people again.
    There are very rare cases where runs won't get completed at all. And 90% of all leavers left when runs either were still in time or it would be a few minutes over.

Leavers are cancer. Just because you won't get your 10 points score or whatever doesn't mean that you won't ruin the weekly vault for 4 other players.

You're not alone in the world.
    You waste my time if you leave.

Most of those leavers are little spoiled children that don't think about anyone but themselves.

It would be cool if Blizzard would add npcs to the run and reduce the loot if ppl left. So the run won't be completely ruined for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post

Leavers are cancer.
    lol... i think i see why you have leavers...

I mean you must see a major flaw with this.
    Penalized for being dickwads but then if u get kicked you don't get penalized. xD Oh boy this would generate drama bigger than introduction of LFR.

You can't police m+ leavers without punishing everyone else and leavers are very rare in successful keys. I only had one in 130+ runs.

90% of all leavers left when runs either were still in time or it would be a few minutes over.
    Citation needed for sure on this claim. I don't know how anyone could even pretend to have data for this.

I have had surprisingly few leavers lately but almost always for me they've been after multiple wipes when it's become very clear it's going to be a long, arduous run. I've definitely had a few assholes who leave after a singular wipe or bad pull when the dungeon is still 100% timeable, but those are very rare in my experience. Keys that literally aren't finishable are also very rare in my experience too (although probably because I try to be somewhat choosey with what groups I pick), but I would be very surprised if even the small majority of leavers were in keys that were still timeable or close, much less 90%.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    How many games with a "surrender" type option have you seen people who have determined they are going to lose just stop participating and demand everyone use it? Even in WoW BGs where there is literally no penalty for failure and you still get a small reward for a loss, half the team will just demand people "lose quick" and stop playing so they can get out and get into the next game. It sucks for people who are there to play rather than just grind honour. It's incredibly naive to think it won't happen in keys when they aren't going well. People will hold the group hostage with inactivity or griefing until the others confirm the surrender. I'm not sure how that is an improvement on the current situation where people just leave and those there for completion still are stuck starting over from scratch.

I get that people don't like their time wasted by leavers killing a key but most of these proposed fixes wouldn't improving things and in some cases would make everything work.
    Pretty sure griefing is a punishable offense.....

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Pretty sure griefing is a punishable offense.....
    That doesn't really stop it from happening.

It's also not something that is handled by an automated system. There's no reason leavers couldn't be handled the same way griefers are now.

There are very rare cases where runs won't get completed at all. And 90% of all leavers left when runs either were still in time or it would be a few minutes over.

Leavers are cancer. Just because you won't get your 10 points score or whatever doesn't mean that you won't ruin the weekly vault for 4 other players.

You're not alone in the world.
    You waste my time if you leave.

Most of those leavers are little spoiled children that don't think about anyone but themselves.

It would be cool if Blizzard would add npcs to the run and reduce the loot if ppl left. So the run won't be completely ruined for everyone.
    What about people who push the score? Are they cancer?
    What about people who advertise "quick weekly" then invite their friend who does tank dps?
    Also it's pugs, you choose who you join and who you accept. Should people be punished for leaving pug raids now?

People just don't realise that they would just kill pugging and the ones who would still be pugging would be 10 times more strict.