Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I know people do it, I've seen it myself. It's just dumb. All I can guess is people don't realise it doesn't negatively impact their score.
    It's not about the score, it's about depleted key runs. They don't want them to show up in their rio page.

Just had a hunter leave on SD 17 right before the last boss because we had one wipe in the gauntlet and the timer was going to run out because of it.

I would have wanted to see what that one loot was....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It's not about the score, it's about depleted key runs. They don't want them to show up in their rio page.

Just had a hunter leave on SD 17 right before the last boss because we had one wipe in the gauntlet and the timer was going to run out because of it.

I would have wanted to see what that one loot was....
    Those don't negatively impact you at all, and they aren't particularly easy to see either. If you have a timed key, it will show up instead and you have to actually expand the category to see depleted. Untimed doesn't show up on the app summary or recent runs either. And if you don't have a timed key, then failed experience is better than none at all, so it would actually be detrimental to prevent that depleted key from showing up.

And I feel like no one actually looks at anyone that in-depth that except, like, the player it pertains to. I know if I'm pugging and I see someone has done a ten in the tooltip, I'm not going to load up the website, look them up, and look at the breakdowns for each dungeon to see their depleted keys also. The cases where people might feel that is necessary seem really niche, and that's even assuming people care about depleted keys to begin with. Everyone fails keys, especially early in the expansion while people are learning, and then as they are trying to push. So, like, who gives a fuck.

Again, I know people do, but it's all silly.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

There isn't an easy fix or it probably would have been implemented already.

Any kind of automated system that would punish people for leaving, would also inadvertently punish innocent people as well or cause other repercussions by people refusing to leave to avoid punishment. Just to use your example, say the warlock would get penalised somehow for leaving so instead he decides to just /dance at the entrance instead and go make himself a sandwich. Now the rest of you are hostage because if you leave, you'll get punished for what is essentially not your fault.

Leaver penalties may work in other games, but with the way WoW and m+ are designed, you can't really automate a fix for this that isn't going to punish innocents in addition to the people being malicious, or otherwise be exploited or result in modified (but not improved) behaviour.

I think the best approach involves actual human review and decisions on some level, whether it is reporting those people to blizzard (and hoping they take action against habitual offenders) or screening pugs better and hoping you don't get unlucky.

I'm not going to tell you not to PuG because I know that isn't always a viable option for people as someone who PuGs a lot myself. But I would recommend doing things like investigating m+ focused community groups and discords, and being clear in your group listings ("trying to time but will complete if not") to try to make sure everyone is on the same page to try to limit the likelihood as much as possible.
    Leaver Buster works fine in LoL, no reason a similar system couldn't be adopted to punish repeat leaver griefers. They do it enough, restrict their access to the feature. that simple. give them a debuff similar to deserter, only lasting MUCH MUCH longer. there must be consequences to bad behavior in order to stop the bad behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Leaver Buster works fine in LoL, no reason a similar system couldn't be adopted to punish repeat leaver griefers. They do it enough, restrict their access to the feature. that simple. give them a debuff similar to deserter, only lasting MUCH MUCH longer. there must be consequences to bad behavior in order to stop the bad behavior.
    I feel like you didn't read any of the examples and situations in my post or the subsequent ones by others. Comparing a handbuilt-group situation in pve content like wow keystones with something like League is apples and oranges. Entirely different systems with different implementation, impact, and repercussions.

I highly disagree this would work effectively, much less punish the offenders in appropriate proportions. The leaver is only one of five people in the group. You implement this in WoW, the would-be leaver just trolls the dungeon group instead (or goes offline or afk) to avoid the debuff and then one of the four innocent people has to take the debuff or else all of them are held hostage for 45+ minutes. This is a "solution" that causes more negative impact to the innocent people than just dealing with a leaver would where the absolute worst impact is the time already wasted on the key.

This also negatively impacts people who have entirely reasonable reasons for leaving. I PuGed a key last week where we ran out of time right after the first boss. Based on the current pacing, it would have taken several more hours to finish the key, for which we'd be rewarded a single piece of loot to share. I wasn't the first person to leave, but the person that did sure was fucking justified and should not be punished for it.

And as far as basing it on frequency, this is just going to punish the people who pug a lot (and are therefore more likely to encounter these situation) over people that run a key a week or play with friends, rather than leavers vs. not leavers.

And that's not even really considering the logistics of a deserter debuff. In a situation where groups are manually made, how would that even work? Prevent use of the group tool? What about groups made via trade/discord/social communities? Block you from joining groups? What about other group content? Prevent keys from being activated? That also just wastes more time from teams building groups when they have to suddenly replace someone right when they're about to start.

I understand the desire to have leavers punished, but you have to be pragmatic about what it actually looks like when implemented and whether it actually improves the problem. I maintain that with WoW's keystone system, the best way to handle leavers is a human manually reviewing the situation and manually applying a punishment (such as a short suspension) to the person who is causing the disruptive gameplay, whether they were the first person to actually leave or not. If we really want Blizzard to do something about the problem, that is what we need to be pushing them to do, not roll out some shitty automation.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Game needs to record if you leave a group before completion. Or R.IO needs a function like that.

It needs to record total deaths with a break down of individual deaths.

The point of time into the run at which the leave happened and how much time was remaining for each rank.

Which bosses were defeated/undefeated.

For habitual leavers, a pattern will likely form. But recording all the data would allow you to review and discern for yourself if you want that type of person in your group. No automatic punishment, to keep the system from being abused. The leader gets to look and decide what to do. If they want to risk it with someone who is a known leaver, fine. If not, fine.

It needs to record all the data and let the user decide.
    Last edited by Dald; 2021-01-16 at 01:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we really want Blizzard to do something about the problem, that is what we need to be pushing them to do, not roll out some shitty automation.
    It is certainly down to Blizzard to add capability to track such patterns, including trolling.

I do think people have their finger a tad too light on that leave group option and it certainly would be nice for Blizzard to invent a system that penalizes abusers as opposed to just giving up under assumption that nothing can be done or the whole thing will get dodged.

And yes, we all have that shitty troll who leaves the moment they see key will get depleted even if it's couple minutes away from last boss.

Maybe Blizzard should put incomplete runs too in their publicly available data and not just depletes, so tools like raider.io can offer run completion % on these per person - then the guy leaving or trolling or whatever will still flag him if he does it too much. Then people will be incentivized to finish reasonably depleted runs just to not get their % down, while still allowing enough leeway to not negatively impact one off leaves/disbands.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-01-16 at 01:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It is certainly down to Blizzard to add capability to track such patterns, including trolling.

I do think people have their finger a tad too light on that leave group option and it certainly would be nice for Blizzard to invent a system that penalizes abusers as opposed to just giving up under assumption that nothing can be done or the whole thing will get dodged.
    I'm definitely not opposed to punishing leavers. I just think automating punishments is a terrible idea and will get a lot of innocent folks negatively impacted, either directly or indirectly.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm definitely not opposed to punishing leavers. I just think automating punishments is a terrible idea and will get a lot of innocent folks negatively impacted, either directly or indirectly.
    Does not need to be automated. It's like raider.io - community decides. Blizzard just needs to add appropriate data and share it.

For example, I wonder what would happen if Blizz would register M+ runs that are incomplete too and not just completed depletes. As in the moment you join M+ and start the run - the record is there, so quitting or trolling is pointless because it will be all the same registered incomplete run.

Then raider.io could pick that data up and form a sort of metric out of it, so people can decide if that incomplete runs % or whatever other score is reasonable or not.

So if let's say community average is 15% of the runs are incomplete and you suddenly see a guy with 40% then there is a red flag there. Then it's up to group leader to decide if they want it or not.

I feel like you didn't read any of the examples and situations in my post or the subsequent ones by others. Comparing a handbuilt-group situation in pve content like wow keystones with something like League is apples and oranges. Entirely different systems with different implementation, impact, and repercussions.

I highly disagree this would work effectively, much less punish the offenders in appropriate proportions. The leaver is only one of five people in the group. You implement this in WoW, the would-be leaver just trolls the dungeon group instead (or goes offline or afk) to avoid the debuff and then one of the four innocent people has to take the debuff or else all of them are held hostage for 45+ minutes. This is a "solution" that causes more negative impact to the innocent people than just dealing with a leaver would where the absolute worst impact is the time already wasted on the key.

This also negatively impacts people who have entirely reasonable reasons for leaving. I PuGed a key last week where we ran out of time right after the first boss. Based on the current pacing, it would have taken several more hours to finish the key, for which we'd be rewarded a single piece of loot to share. I wasn't the first person to leave, but the person that did sure was fucking justified and should not be punished for it.

And as far as basing it on frequency, this is just going to punish the people who pug a lot (and are therefore more likely to encounter these situation) over people that run a key a week or play with friends, rather than leavers vs. not leavers.

And that's not even really considering the logistics of a deserter debuff. In a situation where groups are manually made, how would that even work? Prevent use of the group tool? What about groups made via trade/discord/social communities? Block you from joining groups? What about other group content? Prevent keys from being activated? That also just wastes more time from teams building groups when they have to suddenly replace someone right when they're about to start.

I understand the desire to have leavers punished, but you have to be pragmatic about what it actually looks like when implemented and whether it actually improves the problem. I maintain that with WoW's keystone system, the best way to handle leavers is a human manually reviewing the situation and manually applying a punishment (such as a short suspension) to the person who is causing the disruptive gameplay, whether they were the first person to actually leave or not. If we really want Blizzard to do something about the problem, that is what we need to be pushing them to do, not roll out some shitty automation.
    one person leaves, the other 4 report. first time gets a warning. subsequent offenses get the debuff up to and including permanent suspension from running the dungeon. why would you ever think the other 4 would get any kind of debuff is beyond me. Anyways, yes, the system would work, its proven to work, and need only have something similar implemented to also prove it works in WoW. That is, assuming your premise of it being a big problem is even correct in the first place, which im sure is quite debatable.

ps. the debuff could be tailored to prevent you from running dungeons, period, so as to make people actually think about the consequences of their actions. Don't be a fucking dick and leave a M+ with no good reason and it wont be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    No one owes you an explanation of why they have to leave lol
    You need to owe someone a little decency to provide it?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I honestly think outright banning systems like r.io is the way to go if you want to fix this.

The PuG community will be less toxic.
    The serious Mythic+ players (established groups) won't be affected.

I know that r.io feeds off of data made freely available by Blizzard, and there probably is a way to block its use.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Lol .. automated penalties and player reviews ... wtf?
    What people need to do is take a deep breath. So you got a key ruined, you can just level it back.

If you group with random people you automatically take the chance that it may not work out.
    Actually player reviews are a great idea. League of Legends did it for years and only changed it, because on avarage players judgment was harsher than they would have liked. Which only showed that they are completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I honestly think outright banning systems like r.io is the way to go if you want to fix this.

The PuG community will be less toxic.
    The serious Mythic+ players (established groups) won't be affected.

I know that r.io feeds off of data made freely available by Blizzard, and there probably is a way to block its use.
    Raider.io is literally the only thing keeping the m+ scene together

Raiderio simply provides you with information from the api for the most part. It saves time. That's it. Anyone can be looked up in the armory and you can see their progress. There is nothing wrong with presenting information more conveniently. It does not solve the problem that there are loads of people who aren't able to make reasonable conclusions from the data provides.

I suggest raider IO start keeping track of how many times you leave a incomplete dungeon. Number of dungeons started - number of dungeons completed. If the number is like 50% then i think we would start avoiding people with those kinds of numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuvanet View Post
    I suggest raider IO start keeping track of how many times you leave a incomplete dungeon. Number of dungeons started - number of dungeons completed. If the number is like 50% then i think we would start avoiding people with those kinds of numbers.
    Blizzard would have to start recording that information for them to do so. They don't currently.

Unfortunately doing so would also create a ton of false positives from people dropping keys or premade groups voluntarily ending a run they aren't going to time (which they might do a lot on push weeks).

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I make sure to do M+10 every week once for at least the weekly.
    kinda weird you think doing a +10 is enough for the weekly, it's actually a 14 you are aiming for.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    kinda weird you think doing a +10 is enough for the weekly, it's actually a 14 you are aiming for.
    maybe he isnt currently geared enough for the 14s so a easier goal to reach like 10s is a good starting point

Ive been pugging all the time. In the whole BFA and the whole Shadowlands so far. So far only 10-12 keys tho, but its like rarely a problem. If there is a problem then there is just a bit higher raider io tank who thinks he is the best guy in the world and instaleave after one wipe.

Other than that its been working pretty good actually. And, I actually gets invite pretty quickly too. If i have a +10 SoA, its not like im gonna try to join a 14-15 key. 2 levels ahead from what ive done at max, otherwise you can search all day.

R.io can easily track combat log too.

Started a M+ at 10:00, XYZ left 10 minutes later - it show in the combat log -> minus 100 r.io points.
    There should be a "safe word" if the group wants to abandon the key, like "smebjulak". If everyone types it (or 4 out of 5 whatever), you won't get minus points.

Only the first one to leave gets a penalty.

There, fixed it.

I'm sick and tired of getting my 14 key destroyed 4 times to a 10 because some elitist fuck with 233 pvp weapons think a wipe is beyond him.

Oh and also: get the dungeons more inline together (wtf necrotic and sd), and make tyrannical bonus a 15% instead of 40% and we're set.
    Oh pt2: tone down god-tier specs
    Oh pt3: fix tanking so either the time is more lenient (so if we CC 1-2 mobs we don't get a penalty), or make them durable like in Legion/BfA. This chicken running show has to stop.