Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

And people called me a "crazy doomsayer".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPOvUQIbP9s
    Aaaand, cut. Scene over. They officially whitewashing Sylvanas by that vomit inducing interaction with Anduin. Lets say it like that - its horrible from every angle. Its like a perfect gem made of pure crap, every side of it shines its own hue of awful.
    1) Anduin still sees "some good" in her, aka the Hope or wahetever.
    2) Arthas-Anduin parallel which i always found really unnecessary, not every Alliance prince should be compared to Arthas. Arthas wasnt even that great of a character (although he IS better then most current characters.)
    3) Whats the point of all that grand talk of "choice" and Anduin placing HIS fate as some kind of "end line" for Evilness when uncountable legions of souls are currently tortured, broken, turned mad or enslaved by the Jailer and Sylvanas. How comes their fates were not evil enough, but if she dares touch him THEN its a Moral Event Horizon?
    4) Jailer looks awful, just saying. Handsome squidward is not imposing and looks silly.
    5) Kerrigan "redemption" story ahoy, here we go. *vomits*
    6) All that was pretty much "foretold" before and people said that it will never happen. Well... I guess it DID happened after all!
    But... It dosent make me happy, it just makes me even more disheartened since the Worst Scenario is THE Scenario we going with.

I love how players interpret motivations for villains as justifications.

Anduin will see the true power of the Dark Side when Sylvanas brings him before the Emp...I mean Jailer.

Remains to be seen.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to laugh so hard when Anduin ends up being the next Arthas and all those years of "But the prophecy!" turn out to be for nothing.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I love how players interpret motivations for villains as justifications.
    Ah! But you dont get it. It will end up as Kerrigan or maybe Severus Snape type story with arbitrary forgiveness of a villain because she did some good in the end. Maybe she will only "partially" enslave Andy Boi, making sure he can shake it off in a right moment or entirely fake the enslavement to allow him to undermine the Jailer.

oh my god this is terrible.
    Its amazing with Blizzard, you always think they can not disappointment you more and yet here we are... every single time.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    OH NO, Anduin said what anybody who pays attention already knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    oh my god this is terrible.
    Its amazing with Blizzard, you always think they can not disappointment you more and yet here we are... every single time.
    Exactly. I admit, i never felt THAT kind of disgusting, cold "tingle" each time i see some WoW reated news in my youtube feed. Its like... anticipation but backwards, hmmm... Whats the word for it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    It seems like you dont pay attention because while he DID said some truth he also formulated it in a most idiotic way possible.

I'm a huge Sylvanas simp, but I really don't want her to have a redemption arc of any kind. I want her to just get written out of the story in a sensible manner, without being a raid boss and I still hope this is what they're planning for her.

That aside, I don't know how Anduin suddenly got the balls to talk back to her. At one point, I was expecting him to make a joke at her expense and finish it with a dab.
    Because some things are just worth fighting for.

All I see is two villains getting desperate. They lost Denathrius, they lost Muehzala, we are gonna free Primus the Runecarver very soon and the last target is the Jailer with Sylvannas probably being one of the raid bosses. In any case Sylvannas is gonna be confronted by the Alliance and the Horde at some point. I don't see how they can pull that redemption crap. Also nice parallel. Having a runesword now playing Arthas. It's so cute if not pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostHate View Post
    I'm a huge Sylvanas simp, but I really don't want her to have a redemption arc of any kind. I want her to just get written out of the story in a sensible manner, without being a raid boss and I still hope this is what they're planning for her.

That aside, I don't know how Anduin suddenly got the balls to talk back to her. At one point, I was expecting him to make a joke at her expense and finish it with a dab.
    At this point being sylvanas fan is the only way to have any kind of enjoyment in WoW because she single-handedly devaluated both factions into manure piles in one expansion and finally finished off any shreds of faction pride or "fan enjoyment" of WoW plot. And no, thats not a good thing, its impressive, but not good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    All I see is two villains getting desperate. They lost Denathrius, they lost Muehzala, we are gonna free Primus the Runecarver very soon and the last target is the Jailer with Sylvannas probably being one of the raid bosses. In any case Sylvannas is gonna be confronted by the Alliance and the Horde at some point. I don't see how they can pull that redemption crap. Also nice parallel. Having a runesword now playing Arthas. It's so cute if not pathetic.
    Yep. Its almost like she projecting hardcore.

It's apparently bad somehow because all antagonists should be mustache twirling cardboard.

Also just had a thought - they ripping off Joker in Killer Joke here, when he wanted to prove that "anybody can become like him" after a "one bad day" and wanted to turn either Batman or Gordon crazy by fucking them (and theirs) up.

- - - Updated - - -

It's apparently bad somehow because all antagonists should be mustache twirling cardboard.
    You really dont pay attention, are you? Its BLIZZ we talking about. They dont write anything "smart". If it looks like justification and "Snape route" it IS a Snape route.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    It seems like you dont pay attention because while he DID said some truth he also formulated it in a most idiotic way possible.
    If saying what is at the heart of the issue is bad then yes it was bad. He should have turned it into a 10 minute monologue about good and evil instead of just getting to the point.
    Last edited by shadowmatrix; 2021-01-03 at 12:20 AM.

What the bloody hell is the original poster talking about. That cut scene is freaking amazing. Its the first time Sylvannis had any real emotion. Its actually a good storyline that ties back to her origin. Seriously the little boys whining that their Gothic wet dream isn't a complete murder hobo to crush the snowflakes need to fade away like so much soul ash on the maw.

Don't get me wrong Sylvannis still needs to have justice visited on her but she's already light years ahead of garnish from that one scene.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    You really dont pay attention, are you? Its BLIZZ we talking about. They dont write anything "smart". If it looks like justification and "Snape route" it IS a Snape route.
    To be clear I am mocking you (and your ilk) who act so personally aggrieved by the story of this game.

If saying what is at the heart of the issue is bad then yes it was bad. He should have turned it into a 10 minute monologue about good and evil instead of just getting to the point.
    Again, not really getting the gist of it as i see.

- - - Updated - - -

To be clear I am mocking you (and your ilk) who act so personally aggrieved by the story of this game.
    Sure, i bite. When you were a fan of Warcraft since... Warcraft 3 you played on some shitty library PC and got absolutely swallowed up by fandom and so on you tend to really feel like shit when it bites you in the ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmak View Post
    What the bloody hell is the original poster talking about. That cut scene is freaking amazing. Its the first time Sylvannis had any real emotion. Its actually a good storyline that ties back to her origin. Seriously the little boys whining that their Gothic wet dream isn't a complete murder hobo to crush the snowflakes need to fade away like so much soul ash on the maw.

Don't get me wrong Sylvannis still needs to have justice visited on her but she's already light years ahead of garnish from that one scene.
    Problem is that she unlikely to even feel a light touch of justice since "Kerrigan Scneario" absolves her of all sin and delivers her forgiveness.

I will use one responce from WoWhead under the video replies

For those who are maybe a little too shortsighted, this isn't about Sylvanas' redemption. It's about Sylvanas' trauma at the hand of the Lich King.

It was to be expected that this dilemma would be brought forth ever since the Sylvanas' short in BFA. She isn't afraid of being the Lich King (queen?) herself. She knows her worth and she has the knowledge and strength to be one regardless of the current situation. Beside, she basically was the Lich Queen in BFA.

No, the choice is much more emotional here and it's somewhat related to hope. The parallel here is closer to being the one to create the Lich King and unleash the hopelessness that would ensue.

This is why she hesitate. She can never be redeemed, but most villains have threshold they're not willing to cross. Sylvanas may or may not cross it, if only to spite Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    I will use one responce from WoWhead under the video replies

For those who are maybe a little too shortsighted, this isn't about Sylvanas' redemption. It's about Sylvanas' trauma at the hand of the Lich King.

It was to be expected that this dilemma would be brought forth ever since the Sylvanas' short in BFA. She isn't afraid of being the Lich King (queen?) herself. She knows her worth and she has the knowledge and strength to be one regardless of the current situation. Beside, she basically was the Lich Queen in BFA.

No, the choice is much more emotional here and it's somewhat related to hope. The parallel here is closer to being the one to create the Lich King and unleash the hopelessness that would ensue.

This is why she hesitate. She can never be redeemed, but most villains have threshold they're not willing to cross. Sylvanas may or may not cross it, if only to spite Anduin.
    She crossed all thresholds when she sided with the Jailer and "started" Shadowlands plot. Her hesitation about jabbing Shala(mourne) into Andy's virgin flesh is nothing but an empty gesture. She stands upon a Mt. Everest of corpses held by a legion of tortured slaves, her decision regardless Andy makes NO difference.