Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    I take it you arent in charge of PR in a company then. They got it wrong and overracted, not because the ban was reduced (thats why people got upset -added for clarity for those wearing Fanboy blinkers).
    What is the point of having rules if they aren't going to be enforced? And I DO love how folks like you make it all about the evils of Blizzard... Do you even know what he said that got him banned? of course not... because you dont care, you are just happy to have some 'weapon' to use against the evil Blizzard. Yet I bet you continue to give them your money and log into their games... Dont you?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Paradox still feels like a really good company. They've made good games pretty consistently. Even the games they only publish but don't make have been good. Can't wait for future EU5 but will still take a few years I'd think...

7+ Year Old Account
    Rockstar, quality over quantity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AkundaMrdal View Post
    Rockstar, quality over quantity.
    Unless you talk about the quantity of paid dlc for GTA5........
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    What is the point of having rules if they aren't going to be enforced? And I DO love how folks like you make it all about the evils of Blizzard... Do you even know what he said that got him banned? of course not... because you dont care, you are just happy to have some 'weapon' to use against the evil Blizzard. Yet I bet you continue to give them your money and log into their games... Dont you?
    I love it when people defend a company like its ther best friend - Im just pointing out why people reacted the way they did. We can be sure however, that if he said Gay Rights it would have probably resulted in nothing more than a warning, they have afterall official rainbow Blizzard badges and wear then on stage. They admitted they got it wrong, the US government got involved so that suggests they think they got it wrong most rational people think they got it wrong, what more do you need?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it when people defend a company like its ther best friend - Im just pointing out why people reacted the way they did. We can be sure however, that if he said Gay Rights it would have probably resulted in nothing more than a warning, they have afterall official rainbow Blizzard badges and wear then on stage. They admitted they got it wrong, the US government got involved so that suggests they think they got it wrong most rational people think they got it wrong, what more do you need?
    Who's defending Blizzard, I'm simply pointing out that rules were made, rules were broken, punishment was handed out... If you dont have the integrity to realize that, then we are done. I personally dont care. If you hate Blizzard that much you really should stop giving them your money.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2021-01-07 at 06:57 PM.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

There is no "good" gaming company not because they actively try to be bad guys but simply for the fact that given enough time you are bound to fuck up. Humans are imperfect in every way possible, we strive to be the best we can be, but ultimately each and everyone of us fails at something, repeatedly. Instead of moaning about the bad stuff, cherish the good deeds.

Yes, CAPCOM has fucked up with RE 6, Umbrella Chronicles or whatever that abomination was called, but they redeemed themselves with Resident Evil remakes, and 7 wasn't that bad either. They also brought Monster Hunter to the PC, and is arguably the greatest MH game to date.

Yes, CDPR has fucked up Cyberpunk, but they also released Witcher 3, one of the best games of all time. It's okay to produce a "mediocre" game once or even twice, as long as they stay afloat they will most likely recover and make a good game again in the future.

I could go on and on, even Blizzard: D3 wasn't good, it wasn't bad. It was okay. D4 looks much more promising if you follow the Dev Blogs. So it might be another home-run there, ignore the bad games (or wait for sale), buy the good ones. If you are thoughtful like this you will save money and be happy. And don't worry about not buying a bad game even if you like the developer, there are MILLIONS of sheep that will buy a AAA game just because it is AAA no matter the quality. The market of uninformed gamers is immense, and also some don't care. They buy the game because that's what others do. Be thankful you are even in this thread considering and thinking about bad quality games, many don't.

I love it when people defend a company like its ther best friend
    Don't bother with him, i pop in twice a week on this forum but i still remember our dwarf avatar friend permanently sucking Actizzard's D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Don't bother with him, i pop in twice a week on this forum but i still remember our dwarf avatar friend permanently sucking Actizzard's D
    That's rather comical... I'm not defending Blizzard... I'm just even more opposed to intellectual dishonesty than I am to Blizzard. Why is it YOU keep giving your money to Blizzard?

There's a difference between quality of games a company puts out and they way they handle things.

Bethesda games have always been buggy and janky, yet they could sit on the top of the list of gamers trust for a long time. What changed? Did 76 just have one bug to many? I don't think so.

Imo if cyberpunk had released as it was, but out of nowhere as a PC only early access title, even with a full 60 dollar price, the game would be praised to high heavens, any complaints about bugs or glitches would be neatly sweeped under the rug of EA, there would be no broken promises or deceitful marketing and everyone would experience the game for what it is, not for what they had been misled to think it would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Capitalism turns good gaming companies into good businesses, but doesn't mean they'll continue to make good games. At some point EA wasn't a bad gaming company, and Ubisoft were actually good and didn't put DLC into single-player games. This is why people hate when things go mainstream because mainstream usually means trying to reach a much broader and profitable audience, but usually this takes away what made the product special. CDPR used to make games exclusively on PC and then reached out to console gaming, but that's obviously putting stress on their ability to make good quality games as well. The lure of money is just too great. I'm shocked they didn't put DRM on the PC version of CyberPunk 2077.

See, the mistake people make is to put good and company in the same sentence. There is no such thing as a good corporation, they are not your friends.

Well, one company came to mind, but they only have 1 game, so ... Hinterland studio with the game "Long dark"
    Honestly, I think their work is amazing, and this is how a game should be, they have constant updates, listen to feedback well, really, spot on.
    But yeah, the bigger you get, the quality usually suffers. Not always, but that's life. I mean, with bigger success, more people involved, more money involved, people expect more from you as well, you get less independent decision and more push from stock holders, boards, etc. I think it's really rare to get bigger and famous while also preserving quality.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Yes! There are a number of companies that produce high-quality work. Flying Wild Hog is one of the companies that still make quality games. The are releasing a game called Shadow warrior 3 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    That's rather comical... I'm not defending Blizzard... I'm just even more opposed to intellectual dishonesty than I am to Blizzard. Why is it YOU keep giving your money to Blizzard?
    I'm not. Also, did i hurt your feefeees?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I don't know that CD Project Red are malicious, I reckon they just bit off more than they could chew. They had a bad release of a game that without bugs seems pretty solid.

Contrast that with Bungie who literally deleted content people had paid for from Destiny 2 and made gear people had grinded for obsolete, or EA that tried to rebrand gambling to "surprise mechanicus" to get more money out of impressionable kid's and adults susceptible to that kind of thing.

I'm sure there are worse companies out there than CDPR, and many of the small indie devs that make games they're passion ate about.
    More like Cyberpunk works mostly fine on PC... it has some minor issues but nothing gamebreaking. It's pretty hard to make it work on current gen consoles though as those literally have ancient trash hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by sador View Post
    Well, one company came to mind, but they only have 1 game, so ... Hinterland studio with the game "Long dark"
    Honestly, I think their work is amazing, and this is how a game should be, they have constant updates, listen to feedback well, really, spot on.
    If I remember correctly they were one of the studies that had issues with Nvidias streaming service, which wasn't well received by players.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Sure there are still good companies but after a few successful games every company is at the risk of being invested by big bucks with no interest in creating good games but just milking fans. I think Bioware is the saddest example of a very good company turning into a very sh**ty company.

I think CDPR isn't necessarily that bad now, but their biggest mistake was instead of toning down the out of proportion hype for Cyberpunk, still great but obviously a game far from being complete, they just helped create more hype. And they had the messiest launch of recent years.

As for a still good game company, I'd say From Software. They still haven't gone the dark side and their games have exceptional quality even if they are not for everyone. But, that's what makes them good I guess, instead of trying to cater everyone and please none, they just deliver what their playerbase wants to see. If video games award for most anticipated game is any indication their next game may be hyped the cyberpunk was hyped and it will be interesting to see how they will manage that hype and if the launch will be satisfying.

Larian Studios

Passionate team. Divinity Original Sin 2 is a masterpiece. So much free content too.

10+ Year Old Account
    From Software
    Larian Studios
    Id Software
    CAPCOM
    Square is making a great return to form, hopefully FFXVI and the rest of FF7R turn out great
    Retro studios is also back, which has had probably the greatest quality games output in the history of the business, I'm still waiting for Metroid Prime 4 though

As far as newcomers go, ZA/UM totally and completely blew everyone's minds with Disco Elysium, and I can't wait for their new releases. They basically made it as a passion project in a win or die situation, which is pretty amazing to see something like that succeed.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2021-01-10 at 10:20 AM.