Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You don't need to force yourself to sleep 8 hours... the ideal situation is: You close your eyes. You open your eyes. It is now (about) 8 hours later.
    If this is not how your sleep happens every night, then likely there is a problem somewhere in your body. Which might be fixable.

I insist on this point because I was among the people who would say 6 hours are enough. I would wake up every day after 3-6 hours of sleep and feel noticably more energetic than everyone else so I thought 3-6 hours are enough for me. Must have been some sort of super power aye? And then I graduated university and did some other changes to my lifestyle and suddenly I was travelling in time 8 hours every night. Best feeling ever. Now, I am back to having lots of dreams and often getting woken up by them. I am working on the problem and trying different solutions, eventually I will get back that best feeling ever of time travelling 8 hours a night. My point is - you can have better than what you currently have. You say you CBA doing workouts and stuff - is that because you feel tired? Or is there another reason? Because ultimately, you need some form of exercise in your life. And by the time it starts showing, it will be too late to fix - when you get to 40-50+ years and everything suddenly hurts, you get sick every month or worse - you get some life threatening shit like heart attack or insult and so on. You are just a human, like all of us. You might think you don't need it, but your human body does. And if the main reason is not having the energy for it - well, perhaps sleeping only 6 hours is not good for you after all :P And if the problem is time... well if you have time for raiding and games in general then you can't really use that excuse.

If raiding is an activity you genuinely enjoy then yes, I do agree. My problem with people is that they force themselves through things they don't necessarily enjoy in order to achieve some goal which they themselves don't know why they want to achieve. I understand it's not my place to tell people how to live their lives. But... there's so much more to life, you know. In your case, you do seem to be more content with your life than other posters here so I won't pry any further. A genuinely happy life is the most important thing, in my opinion. I am strict when it comes to my own health and productivity, because I want to die happy, fullfilled without pain and without regrets.

I am 24 btw and my fiancee is 23. Been a full-time night shift worker for 1 year now. 1 year ago I had to make my choice: Do I become a Mythic raider or do I quit raiding altogether and focus on things I enjoy. My job has a crazy low workload - sometimes I finish work in 15 minutes, more often in about 1 hour (out of a 9 hour shift) and I work from home so I can basically play games all I want. I did have the time for Mythic. I was close to having the skills and gear so I could get there if I put more effort into it. I just made the choice that I don't want to spend so much time every day on something I don't necessarily enjoy. I love getting more powerful but I don't need to be THE most powerful. And right after I made that choice I realized that I couldn't raid anymore anyway because most guilds raid during my sleep times and my realm was an Alliance RP server so close to zero chance to find a morning-noon raiding guild. Ever since then a huge burden was liften off of me and I've been enjoying a wider variety of games and hobbies than ever before. And now I am enjoying doing Torghast on multiple alts. I can entirely skip the gearing process on my 11 alts, because I can do lower Layers on them and only do Twisting Corridors and weekly Layer 8 on my main. And I can do all that whilst staying true to my ideal lifestyle.

I will be graduating from this thread as people tend to deny anything they don't understand and if I keep falling into their trigger traps it will only hurt my sanity more
    Sleep has always been like this for me as long as I can remember. Started with 5~ hours in middle - high school, then around 6 since college and still now that I'm working 2 jobs. Working out, changing diet, having more friends, even moving to another continent didn't change a thing.
    Nah it's not tiredness the reason I don't do 45 minutes workouts. I just prefer to spend them on my guitar and do the 10 minutes exercises I have to do due to a spine condition. I work out 'completely' when I feel motivated, which is by spikes of a few months per year but it's mostly laziness to be honest.

Oof i join you there on the fact that I won't force myself to raid if I don't enjoy it lol that's exactly why I don't raid or like once every other week because Castle Nathria is quite fun. No need in forcing a Cutting Edge for the ego. I understand now why you're so strict on health and productivity, which seems to differ from a lot of people. If that's how you're happy and that leaves no place for raiding it's fine. It's not only priorities but needs too. Personnally I'd regret dying very old just by not doing what I like, but that's me lol

Sorry about the age then, I thought you were much older since you were talking about kids. If you enjoy more those things then it's very cool that you could make your choice, and that you could give up raiding. Some people just cling to it.
    Last edited by Molov; 2021-01-06 at 10:11 AM.

I had a fulltime job and got every CE in WoD and Legion
    My best was World#100

So yes - it is possible.
    But to be clear - i live in germany and we work "only" 35 - 40hrs a week.
    You americans work much more partially?

But got impossible at the moment i got my girl

Quote Originally Posted by Shurkien View Post
    My best was World#100

So yes - it is possible.

there is a rly easy solution to that,get the girl to play,kill 2 birds with one stone

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    get the girl to play
    She does play. But not on that kind of level.

Are we pretending a fulltime job is something you need to actively work around in order to play at an acceptable level?

If you manage your expectations then it shouldn't be a problem at all.
    For instance if we add personal life outside the game;
    - will you be able to participate in the world 1st race? No, but that goes for 99.9% of the try-hards out-there.
    - will you be in a top 500 guild? There might be a chance, but likely you won't.
    - will you be able to get CE? Now here's where you chances are, and there's nothing wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Are we pretending a fulltime job is something you need to actively work around in order to play at an acceptable level?

If you manage your expectations then it shouldn't be a problem at all.
    For instance if we add personal life outside the game;
    - will you be able to participate in the world 1st race? No, but that goes for 99.9% of the try-hards out-there.
    - will you be in a top 500 guild? There might be a chance, but likely you won't.
    - will you be able to get CE? Now here's where you chances are, and there's nothing wrong with it.
    I feel like this conversation really depends on what expansion we are talking about...

The current? I think getting CE will be possible your biggest hurdle is going to be loot though with the new drop rates. Bfa I would say give up on anything but heroic with its grind system...

Wod for all the flack it got for being raid or die required the least amount of time to progress compared to any expansion in the last half decade.

I don't think that it is the best idea lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rofl for me its not a problem tbh. Im playin m+ with OLDIES. We ocasionally do raid group. This is no problem imo. On classic just go for discord plenty of pug raid groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurkien View Post
    My best was World#100

So yes - it is possible.

and here we have a winner .

ofc its possible to play if your life consists of sleep - wok - playing on PC all evening everyday

when you include healthy social life and relationships in this equation it instantly becomes impossible to manage.

99,9% of people who claim how they have good relationships/social life and raid as openly lieing (they are alone and wow is only thing in their life ) or getting carried in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Synli View Post
    Hey all, just wanted to start a discussion on playing through the current (and I guess future) end game when you have a full time job. Like many I grew up playing this game and now have a full time job and far too many responsibilities to commit to a hardcore raid schedule. For the most part I'm wondering how you could get CE when you can't commit to a raid schedule.

From what I can see in Shadowlands, it looks like doing PvP to gear up properly and then getting into a mythic run with a friend in a couple months is the most optimal way. M+ gear just doesn't seem to have the ilvl. Would this be the best way to do so when you can't commit to a raid team?
    Unless you have a full time job that includes hours constantly shifting all the time, such as 1 day working 7a-3p+ one day and then 2p-10p+ the next and constantly changing, it’s not difficult to find a raid guild that fits your hours.
    With that exception, your best bets are to:
    1). Learn the fights and make your own raid groups and raid lead them. Bring people who already have progress on some of the current raid. Add people to your friends list who do well.
    2). Use your time to farm mats and play the AH. Do what you want in game of their than that where you have fun. Use the gold from farming mats and playing the AH to buy CE when guilds start selling it.

As far as PvP, it is definitely a very viable way to gear up if you are decent with it or know how to play an OP class if you play one. PvP is extremely broken right now for some classes, but who knows how that will swing in the future of the xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    snip.
    Stop it dude.....

First it was 7/20h of sex a week

Then its 1h per day

And now its 50min of foreplay for 10min of sex.....

.... And you are the one calling people quicky ?? 10 fuckn minutes lol....

You are a liar

It was phony from the start bro. If I fuck my girl 1h per day, I'm gonna break her and I will be single in less than a week. I dont even want to think about how sore and iritated my dick would be..... let alone 20h a week. Need pils, gallons of lub and at least 3 or 4 different girl for that.....

Stop flexing before backpedaling bro.... makes you look like an ass who get fkd 1h a day. Spilling (bull)shit without noticing
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2021-01-12 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    Stop it dude.....

First it was 7/20h of sex a week

Then its 1h per day

And now its 50min of foreplay for 10min of sex.....

.... And you are the one calling people quicky ?? 10 fuckn minutes lol....

You are a liar

It was phony from the start bro. If I fuck my girl 1h per day, I'm gonna break her and I will be single in less than a week. I dont even want to think about how sore and iritated my dick would be..... let alone 20h a week. Need pils, gallons of lub and at least 3 or 4 different girl for that.....

Stop flexing before backpedaling bro.... makes you look like an ass who get fkd 1h a day. Spilling (bull)shit without noticing
    Man, why are people like this...
    We are counting the hours you have in a week to do X number of tasks. We are giving estimates that can greatly differ for different people but there are some staples (such as eating or sex and if you aren't doing either properly, you aren't in a position to tell people "getting Cutting Edge is easy" because sacrificing vital aspects of real life is not "easy", just stupid). 7-20h of sex a week means 1-3 hours a day. Sex includes a lot of things and everyone has their preferences. You can go ahead and do 1 hour of pounding and another person will do 50 min of foreplay and 10 min of sex. Another person can do 60 (or maybe even 180) minutes of foreplay (and that can include a romantic bathtub experience with massage and roses or reading kinky fanfics together) and no intercourse whatsoever. What is truly important here is how much TIME you spend on it, not how good you are at it or how you spend that time. Why are you so desparate to reject others and make fun of them? Man, humans are so disappointing.