Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Question End game when you have a full time job

Hey all, just wanted to start a discussion on playing through the current (and I guess future) end game when you have a full time job. Like many I grew up playing this game and now have a full time job and far too many responsibilities to commit to a hardcore raid schedule. For the most part I'm wondering how you could get CE when you can't commit to a raid schedule.

From what I can see in Shadowlands, it looks like doing PvP to gear up properly and then getting into a mythic run with a friend in a couple months is the most optimal way. M+ gear just doesn't seem to have the ilvl. Would this be the best way to do so when you can't commit to a raid team?

Why do you want CE if you can’t commit to a raid team?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synli View Post
    Hey all, just wanted to start a discussion on playing through the current (and I guess future) end game when you have a full time job. Like many I grew up playing this game and now have a full time job and far too many responsibilities to commit to a hardcore raid schedule. For the most part I'm wondering how you could get CE when you can't commit to a raid schedule.

From what I can see in Shadowlands, it looks like doing PvP to gear up properly and then getting into a mythic run with a friend in a couple months is the most optimal way. M+ gear just doesn't seem to have the ilvl. Would this be the best way to do so when you can't commit to a raid team?
    Never did PvP, you don't need to do it if you don't want to. Mythic+ would be a slow, but steady progress, seeing how well you get gear from the weekly vault. For CE it would be the usual though: You just need the friends to do it with that can carry you through, lol. I don't know why you want CE tho, if you don't want to raid.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

The only way you're getting CE if you can't raid is if you buy it. It's one of the few things that still takes a constant time commitment in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is ce?

I mean I think it depends on your goals. If your goal is to clear normal you can just do that in pugs, if you wait a few months you'll be able to clear heroic in pugs too once the majority of people outgear it. If you want to raid mythic you need to join a guild and commit to their raid times, that's your only option, you'll never pug mythic unless you wait for multiple patches so people do 5x the DPS, but even then you probably couldn't pug it.

As for gearing in PvP that works fairly well if you're patient enough to wait multiple months. PvPers should be around 215 ilvl in around 7 more weeks from now, obviously the better you are the higher ilvl you'll end up with, but 1600 would get you to 215 and I think most people can pug there way to 1600 without too much effort. But keep in mind every single piece of PvP gear has Versatility on it, and while that's fine for tanks and certain other specs it's the worst stat for a lot of DPS and healers, which means even if you're 215 ilvl you'll be doing significantly less damage or healing than someone who's 215 ilvl in PvE gear.

Which means that M+ is still the best way to gear for PvE, it's also significantly faster than gearing in PvP, doubly so if you run with a group of friends and triply so if you stack armor types.

But at the end of the day if your goal is to get the Cutting Edge achievements you need to join a mythic raiding guild, or spend some of the money you made working your full time job to buy a run through the mythic raid in a couple months. Those are really your only two options, unless you have friends that can just carry you, but if you do then I suppose you wouldn't be posting here asking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy your CE if you can't commit time. I'm sure a couple payments of 9,999,999 gold should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    what is ce?
    Cutting Edge feat of strength. Given to those who clear a Mythic raid before the next one is released.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't even do Heroic EN in Legion without stressing out when I had a fulltime job due to being rusty from not playing "enough", being more socially drained by work than I ever was by school and some other reasons. Call me bad or whatever, but I can't imagine aiming for CE while having a job but being unable to even commit to a raid schedule. You may as well go casual or just quit outright.

I hear that there are 6-9 hour/week raiding guilds out there that get CE, but you're going to have to look for them yourself, and obviously commit to a raid schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account

If you wanna be part of high end raiding, with schedules, u need to have time.
    If u don't its on u. Like don't play a MMORPG (or well dont complain) if u cant do all the content others have the time for.

That is why simple games like LoL/fortnite are so popular. Game lasts for like 10-20 mins and u done with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

You won't get CE without a good raid team and you won't get into a good raid team if you can't attend 80-90%.

The only way maybe is if you raided with a team for a very long time and are very good friends and they'll throw you in, in a farm run when people are bored.

Though if you can't raid why would you want a fos that doesn't givr anything and no one really cares about?

On another hand there are plenty of efficient 2 days raid guilds and 2 days is fine, even with a job, before getting a kid in.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-01-03 at 03:29 PM.

I've never had any difficulties with working full time and doing mythic raids. Just find a guild with raiding schedule that fits u.

Plenty of people get CE while having a full time job. Find the guild that fits you.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I literaly dont understand the full time job no time thing....my guild is been getting CE since wod and around 90% ish of us have full time jobs,some have kids also,and they manage just fine to set aside 2-3 hours a few nigths a week....the only people with issues are the people that sometimes need to work different shifts when the raid is taking place,but thats rare and just 2 people

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Plenty of people get CE while having a full time job. Find the guild that fits you.
    Or pay gold for CE, I know it sounds lame but.. sometimes you have a big stack of gold.. and nothing to use it on hahah

For the most part I'm wondering how you could get CE when you can't commit to a raid schedule.
    Learn to properly manage your time, if you cant brute force endgame by playing 24/7 you might need to use your time more efficiently.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy it (for gold, ofc).

Once you have it you can do whatever you want and get invited to everything instantly. Just don't let anyone know how you got it and use a safe, legal service with many positive reviews.

Hey Im in the same position, im 35 with a son, gf and full time job. I can get a few hours an evening for a few days a week.

Im happy with pushing keys and raiding casually with my one day a week normal/hc guild.

Ive played since release and have done both hardcore raiding and pvp, I am happy with current solution. So I cant play mythic raids with the kids, no sweat

If your goal is to get CE that's pretty easy. Basically you put some money aside every month until right before the next patch, exchange it for tokens and then gold and then buy one of the cheap last minute CE boosts from one of the guilds on your server.

If your goal ist to EARN CE, then you have to commit to a fixed shedule.

Find a guild that raids a few days for a few hours that fits your schedule and you will get your CE after all the nerfs/overgear happens. If you want that CE sooner without commiting more time - tough luck, unless you buy it or something.