Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Maybe because Dore is a know-nothing who can't see past Tuesday and traffics in anger and finger-pointing instead of actual politics? There are fine commentators in anti-establishment left, but he is not one of them.
    The Establishment so far is incapable of say doing important policy positions, unless it involves starting a war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The Establishment so far is incapable of say doing important policy positions, unless it involves starting a war.
    That's cool. Also not fully true. Regardless, not sure how throwing your lot with a guy who manages to dip below the already ridiculously low bar for "The Establishment" is supposed to be an improvement in your eyes.

And to restate the part you ignored: plenty of other less terrible people who know what they're talking about an are anti-"establishment". If someone gives you a dish with something you don't like in it, onions for me, your response appears to be to eat shit and rat poison instead. As if that's an improvement.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-01-04 at 09:23 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    That's cool. Not sure how throwing your lot with a guy who manages to dip below the already ridiculously low bar for "The Establishment" is supposed to be an improvement in your eyes.

And to restate the part you ignored: plenty of other less terrible people who know what they're talking about an are anti-"establishment".
    Who? are you even talking about? Can you just link me the Dailykos post I'd need to read to interpret this?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Yes the establishment sucks; the fact that Jimmy Dore is anti-establishment does not preclude him from also sucking. Like I said- there are commentators on the left that believe in major systemic change that aren't also ignorant loudmouths.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes the establishment sucks; the fact that Jimmy Dore is anti-establishment does not preclude him from also sucking. Like I said- there are commentators on the left that believe in major systemic change that aren't also ignorant loudmouths.
    Jimmy Dore is great, your only objection is that he isn't an adoring sycophant of the DNC.

Jimmy Dore is great, your only objection is that he isn't an adoring sycophant of the DNC.
    #Forcethevote was a huge failure.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Unsurprising, since the only people supporting it are failures themselves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Yeah the Fraud Squad sure did absolutely nothing except reveal allot about themselves.

Who? are you even talking about? Can you just link me the Dailykos post I'd need to read to interpret this?
    Seriously? The name/person is in the literal post one above. Dore is clearly who is being referred to. Although with you I guess who's a pretty good question considering 99% of who you cite have the credibility of a homeless man who wrapped the tinfoil round his head too tight as he screams about aliens.

If you want I can get out the crayon and paper to draw you a map, but honestly just trying reading it twice first. Even the DailyKos appears to be above your reading level.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-01-04 at 09:53 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Yeah, no. None of the people I listen to (or at least consider myself ideologically aligned with) are 'adoring sycophants' of the DNC.

I listened to some Jimmy Dore several years ago when I was getting into politics; I stopped listening to him when I realized he is a loudmouth that oversimplifies things because he has no understanding of nuance or how politics actually works.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Yeah the Fraud Squad sure did absolutely nothing except reveal allot about themselves.
    Ahhh you right wing folk got a new name for them.

Specifically, they revealed that they understand way more about politics than Jimmy Dore
    -Louis Brandeis

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no. None of the people I listen to (or at least consider myself ideologically aligned with) are 'adoring sycophants' of the DNC.

I listened to some Jimmy Dore several years ago when I was getting into politics; I stopped listening to him when I realized he is a loudmouth that oversimplifies things because he has no understanding of nuance or how politics actually works.
    I am sure Ezra Klien has some biting critiques.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Ahhh you right wing folk got a new name for them.
    Lol. Right Wing, Fascinating. The person who literally echoed a Reaganite talking point at me against Universal Healthcare. Delicious.

Or, because they've learned that pointless political populist grandstanding is not how legislation gets passed and are interested in actually seeing progress on this issue rather than a pointless "feel-good" moment with that doesn't actually do anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Specifically, they revealed that they understand way more about politics than Jimmy Dore
    Ah? Is this the school of, shut up, ask for nothing, get nothing? An amazing political school there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Or, because they've learned that pointless political populist grandstanding is not how legislation gets passed and are interested in actually seeing progress on this issue rather than a pointless "feel-good" moment with that doesn't actually do anything.
    Considering the election of the "I'd veto M4A if it came to my desk" and Pelosi never bringing it up. Then again, maybe you are content to wait what? Sixty? Ninety years for us to have that vote?

I am sure Ezra Klien has some biting critiques.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. Right Wing, Fascinating. The person who literally echoed a Reaganite talking point at me against Universal Healthcare. Delicious.
    I mean do you need citation where you proudly admit to being a right wing? I can 100% give that to ya. You unwittingly linked it just the other day. delicious indeed.

Considering the election of the "I'd veto M4A if it came to my desk" and Pelosi never bringing it up.
    It'd never pass to begin with, the numbers aren't there. Remember when you clowned on her for passing HR-1 because it was a pointless move since she knew McConnell wouldn't bring it up for a vote? And then you celebrate her doing the same thing with the $2K stimulus in this thread? And now how you complain she's not doing the same thing you criticized and celebrated her for, knowing she doesn't even have the votes in the House to send anything to the Senate?

Then again, maybe you are content to wait what? Sixty? Ninety years for us to have that vote?
    I'd love to see it in place this session of Congress. I'd love to see it passed on January 20/21.

But I know that's not realistic or practical given where the country is right now. Because again, broad support for M4A as an abstract notion, considerably less support (and no longer majority support) when you start getting down to brass tacks about the specifics and costs.

And you can bet I'm still working with some groups that are pushing for M4A in CA at least, as there's a greater chance of that in the near future than there is for a national system.

What are you doing about it other than complaining on the internet that it's not happening NOW?

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean do you need citation where you proudly admit to being a right wing? I can 100% give that to ya. You unwittingly linked it just the other day. delicious indeed.

Polls say majority of people want free shit! news at 11!
    Who said that? Your really racist uncle who just called you a Libtard? Nope! It was beanman 12345

Lol. Right Wing, Fascinating.

If there is anything I for sure believe Trump is guilty of and deserve to be hauled off to prison for, it is that in my guts I know he molested those girls, he and who knows how many hundreds? thousands?

And I say this as a rightie.

Fascinating and delicious indeed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It'd never pass to begin with, the numbers aren't there.
    Wait so the Democrats, despite having a majority cannot actually pass this bill? Interesting. But this is totally a party to have sycophantic levels of devotion to as if it someday might.... if you just believe in the DNC hard enough, it'll happen!

- - - Updated - - -

Fascinating and delicious indeed.
    Cool, interesting ideas, so the Rightie loves Universal Health Care and the "Leftie" calls it "Free Shit".

Maybe these words mean nothing.