Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    The obvious would be since Biden plan keep private insurance in place, and that virtually every rich person has a Cadillac Health Care plan they would be included in the 97%. I admit I haven't looked into it, but using a little bit of logic shows that supposed top 3% is some very wishful thinking.
    If they all have a Cadillac plan, why do they need Medicare? Flawed logic, proving my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Folks like me? I'm not the one saying, "now is not the time". A pandemic is very much the time to push for M4A
    No, you are denying care to 97% of Americans, because of 3% that you don’t even know about... It’s like complaining about the 3 million people hurt, during the occupy wallstreet protest, shitting on the 1%.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't stating anything. If it's so obvious then please in enlightening me.
    Uhm... you just said rich people have Cadillac plans... you are already enlightened... lol
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    The strategic point of #ForceTheVote was making a list of those who should be replaced in Congress to get it done based on it, and to use it against them as ammunition to primary them.
    You're not going to get any difference in information between forcing a vote and just...looking at who is cosponsoring the bill. It's EASY to vote for a bill when you know it won't pass anyway and is just 'messaging.'
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Folks like me?
    Yes, folks like you and the others saying "Trump won because of economic anxiety".

I'm not the one saying, "now is not the time". A pandemic is very much the time to push for M4A
    Indeed, which is why y'all are deciding to waste your time conducting purity tests rather than addressing the roadblocks to reform as BLM seeks to do before cosplay leftists complain that distracts from "real issues" like M4A, as if the lack of universal healthcare isn't a function of the US' racial relations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    You're not going to get any difference in information between forcing a vote and just...looking at who is cosponsoring the bill. It's EASY to vote for a bill when you know it won't pass anyway and is just 'messaging.'
    I mean...between cosoponsors and campaigns, it's pretty easy to see if your Rep./Senator supports M4A or not. It's hardly as if Democrats aren't taking individual positions on this.

I know my Rep. in DC supports M4A, he's a part of the M4A Caucus, so I ain't frettin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yes, folks like you and the others saying "Trump won because of economic anxiety".

Indeed, which is why y'all are deciding to waste your time conducting purity tests rather than addressing the roadblocks to reform as BLM seeks to do before cosplay leftists complain that distracts from "real issues" like M4A, as if the lack of universal healthcare isn't a function of the US' racial relations.
    Same folks that also complain about the "Russia Hoax" or make excuses for Assad.

It's not mistake that Jimmy Dore, GLenn Greenwald, etc also ride these hobby horses.

It's like there's some extremely wealthy dictator that supports and funds these ratfuckers. Someone who has a personal beef with Hillary, because she called their 2011 election "suspect".
    Not surprised to see this ratfucking transposed onto Pelosi.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Exactly. How about in the middle of a pandemic, we focus on stuff that will help a pandemic, instead of a wasting time on a vote that is a complete waste of time, we know who won't vote for it, they'll get re-elected anyways because nobody will remember this one vote in 2 years from now, but these forcethevote dont care about the millions who are suffering, they need info info they can just easily look up, so they can have some gotcha to use on political forums as talking points that dems are bad. Shame that they are truely this entitled and can't empathize how so many are suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

I support Defund the Police the same as BLM, unlike our current president elect or our previous president before Trump who said it was "bad messaging".

rollingout.com/2020/12/02/barack-obama-slams-defund-the-police-slogan-rep-cori-bush-fires-back/

US Healthcare is very much a function of racial relations. Who do you think is disproportionately affected by the lack of coverage?

It's not about purity, it's about what policy you are willing to do anything about and what policies you will make a million excuses for now not being the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support Defund the Police the same as BLM, unlike our current president elect or our previous president before Trump who said it was "bad messaging".
    Most regulars run a script that blocks users with less than 100 posts... for obvious reasons.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

rollingout.com/2020/12/02/barack-obama-slams-defund-the-police-slogan-rep-cori-bush-fires-back/

US Healthcare is very much a function of racial relations. Who do you think is disproportionately affected by the lack of coverage?

It's not about purity, it's about what policy you are willing to do anything about and what policies you will make a million excuses for now not being the time.
    lol did you make a new account after crying about how bad the forums are and saying you wanted your account deleted? LMFAO!!!!!!!!
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean...between cosoponsors and campaigns, it's pretty easy to see if your Rep./Senator supports M4A or not. It's hardly as if Democrats aren't taking individual positions on this.

I know my Rep. in DC supports M4A, he's a part of the M4A Caucus, so I ain't frettin.
    Yup im in the same position my rep is also in the M4A caucus. I'm good. They'll continue to fight for it while we try to get some other good stuff done in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    lol did you make a new account after crying about how bad the forums are and saying you wanted your account deleted? LMFAO!!!!!!!!
    Glad I could make your day. Good to see people are still incapable of staying on the subject, as a moderator already stated not to bring it up.
    Last edited by Jettisawn; 2021-01-05 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Most regulars run a script that blocks users with less than 100 posts... for obvious reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    ok well that answers my question, was like wtf are ya'll replying to?

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    ok well that answers my question, was like wtf are ya'll replying to?
    You should be thankful I chose the same name so you safe space would still work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rmfAcc View Post

She had her house attacked and vandalized last week for a reason, and it's not because she has the common people's interests at heart.
    Yeah, for passing the 2k stimulus... you do know that she wasn’t the one holding it back?

Yeah, for passing the 2k stimulus... you do know that she wasn’t the one holding it back?
    You mean only after Trump tweeted it out about it? How very brave of her.

Before that is was a measly $600 and that was only after Bernie and Republican Josh Holley pushed for cash stimulus of $1200 that she couldn't deliver.

And probably for bringing the House to pass that second stimulus bill back in May, too.

I love how she can functionally do no right simply because all Mitch McConnell has to say is, "Naw." and it's still her fault and she's just awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean only After Trump tweeted it out. How very brave of her. Before that is was a measily $600 and that was only after Bernie and Republican pushed for cash stimulus of $1200 that she couldn't deliver.
    Are we talking about the 1200$ that passed the House but that McConnel fucked in the Senate?

Wow, you nuke your account, only to be a disingenuous liar on your brand new one. How pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean only After Trump tweeted it out. How very brave of her. Before that is was a measily $600 and that was only after Bernie and Republican pushed for cash stimulus of $1200 that she couldn't deliver.
    Yeah, Republican pushed it... not Palosi or democrats...

Don’t forget to add Theo back as a friend... it’s not automatic... still being helpful...

Yeah, Republican pushed it... not Palosi or democrats...

Don’t forget to add Theo back as a friend... it’s not automatic... still being helpful...
    You've never been helpful and I'll leave it up to Theo to add me as I've done in the past.