Poll: Do you support universal health care? Why or why not?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    First, I am sure according to Joe Biden, Joe Biden's a good guy. Solid sourcing. But his plan is still a privatized system and he opposes Universal Health Care. Unless you believe that is what Obamacare is in which case you might want to read up on what a Universal Health Care system is.
    read it again, maybe slower this time?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    read it again, maybe slower this time?
    Access to affordable health insurance shouldn’t depend on your state’s politics.
    Affordable? As in free? Free is very affordable? OH! Wait, he just wants to tinker with the ACA. Affordable is used 28 times on that page, not just to say the ACA. Access to Affordable healthcare isn't Universal Health Services, its still "Buy a product, pay co-pays and premiums, MAYBE get health care....." His plan still involves a person paying bills and getting charged for health services.

So no, Joe Biden ISN'T for Universal Health Care. Like the vast majority of Democrats, he opposes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Affordable? As in free? Free is very affordable? OH! Wait, he just wants to tinker with the ACA. Affordable is used 28 times on that page, not just to say the ACA. Access to Affordable healthcare isn't Universal Health Services, its still "Buy a product, pay co-pays and premiums, MAYBE get health care....." His plan still involves a person paying bills and getting charged for health services.

So no, Joe Biden ISN'T for Universal Health Care. Like the vast majority of Democrats, he opposes it.
    "Giving Americans a new choice, a public health insurance option like Medicare"....

i mean its right there. Maybe read it a 4th time?

He's for universal coverage, just not the same plan you want.

Not a perfect plan nor one that i support since i would want a more drastic plan that mirrors plans from Canada, but you can at least admit he supports a slow transition to a universal system that also allows for a private option if individuals want it.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    "Giving Americans a new choice, a public health insurance option like Medicare"....

i mean its right there. Maybe read it a 4th time?

He's for universal coverage, just not the same plan you want.

Not a perfect plan nor one that i support since i would want a more drastic plan that mirrors plans from Canada, but you can at least admit he supports a slow transition to a universal system that also allows for a private option if individuals want it.
    Let's see, he let health insurance companies right his plan, public option? Yeah that is already dead just like last time. Yeah, the thing I want is Universal Coverage, that isn't what Biden is planning.

You know what is a transition? Expand the Medicare program, you know the thing we already have. Man these transitional steps, we never seem to get going on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I support universal healthcare because I'm a good person.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2021-02-28 at 08:16 AM.
    I'm a thread killer.

Obviously, it shouldn't be dependent on having succeeded in life and have the money to pay for treatment whether you should succumb to something easily treatable or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see, he let health insurance companies right his plan, public option? Yeah that is already dead just like last time. Yeah, the thing I want is Universal Coverage, that isn't what Biden is planning.
    A public option is in Biden’s plan, just like it’s in Tulsi’s Medicare Plus...

You know what is a transition? Expand the Medicare program, you know the thing we already have. Man these transitional steps, we never seem to get going on that.
    We had ACA, as a transition plan... but, then people didn’t care and we got Trump, setting back the transition. Now we have Biden, expanding on what we started as a transition, but is facing opposition from the likes of... well... you? You know... the person shitting on a transitional step and supporting those fighting said steps, is bit lacking in self awareness... when asking why transitional steps are not working.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    I support universal healthcare because I'm a good person.
    I support it, because it’s the logical solution... one that doesn’t hinge on morality. Paying a middle man for care is stupid, not a morality play.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Yikes, i mean Biden said in the first paragraph..... "Giving Americans a new choice, a public health insurance option like Medicare"....
    I mean i even quoted it.

yes yes we want a universal system, but till then why not make progression towards it.
    Ain't going to get it without a super majority in the senate, sorry. Or at least 53-56 D's
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, for profit healthcare is absolutely 100% morally wrong and anyone that supports such a system is a psychopath.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    A public option is in Biden’s plan, just like it’s in Tulsi’s Medicare Plus...

We had ACA, as a transition plan... but, then people didn’t care and we got Trump, setting back the transition. Now we have Biden, expanding on what we started as a transition, but is facing opposition from the likes of... well... you? You know... the person shitting on a transitional step and supporting those fighting said steps, is bit lacking in self awareness... when asking why transitional steps are not working.

- - - Updated - - -

I support it, because it’s the logical solution... one that doesn’t hinge on morality. Paying a middle man for care is stupid, not a morality play.
    I've just watched too many people suffer through life threatening issues because they can't afford to get it looked at and treated.
    I'm a thread killer.