Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    You know, the one thing that was never explained

    Howdy all.

    So it's never really explained why Valeera Sanguinar has this specific attitude towards Night Elves, High Elves, Void Elves, basically all Elves that are not Blood Elves. For instance, she will always say "yuck" whenever someone talks to her about Night Elves and Void Elves etc. So what's the reason why she is disgusted? She herself is a elf, why be like yuck to them, it's her own race no? Makes no sense to me. She has no issue with other races in the Horde, she treats Orcs, Trolls, Goblins etc with respect and also same with Humans, Dwarves, Draenei, but apparently she has a great disgust for elves that are not Blood Elves. So what's the deal, was it ever explained why she holds these views?

    If Valeera was Horde, then I guess I can understand her being disgusted by certain elves. But she is neutral so not sure why she has disgust towards these certain elves.

  2. #2
    Most Blood Elves aren't too happy with their predecessor races and they certainly don't trust the void elves.

    Additionally, its a subtle distinction, but an important one:

    Valeera is not Alliance. She is committed to the Wrynn family, and that family leads the Alliance. Should Anduin ever decide to betray the Alliance, Valeera would as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Most Blood Elves aren't too happy with their predecessor races and they certainly don't trust the void elves.

    Additionally, its a subtle distinction, but an important one:

    Valeera is not Alliance. She is committed to the Wrynn family, and that family leads the Alliance. Should Anduin ever decide to betray the Alliance, Valeera would as well.
    Imagine if Anduin dies? Then I wonder what would happen.

    That said, I know she is not part of any faction, but if she were on the Horde, her "Yuck" comments would make more sense since I can see the Blood Elves holding such viewers towards Night Elves, Void Elves etc.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Most Blood Elves aren't too happy with their predecessor races and they certainly don't trust the void elves.

    Additionally, its a subtle distinction, but an important one:

    Valeera is not Alliance. She is committed to the Wrynn family, and that family leads the Alliance. Should Anduin ever decide to betray the Alliance, Valeera would as well.
    Speaking of being disgusted, wouldn't it make sense if Valeera showed disgust towards that abomination called Calia? That's a rotting corpse after all.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    Speaking of being disgusted, wouldn't it make sense if Valeera showed disgust towards that abomination called Calia? That's a rotting corpse after all.
    I don't get the impression that Calia's rotting. I think she's in a more preserved state like Nathanos or the Death Knights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I don't get the impression that Calia's rotting. I think she's in a more preserved state like Nathanos or the Death Knights.
    she's still a corpse tho

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    Imagine if Anduin dies? Then I wonder what would happen.

    That said, I know she is not part of any faction, but if she were on the Horde, her "Yuck" comments would make more sense since I can see the Blood Elves holding such viewers towards Night Elves, Void Elves etc.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Speaking of being disgusted, wouldn't it make sense if Valeera showed disgust towards that abomination called Calia? That's a rotting corpse after all.
    She is a blood elf though. She still behaves like one and loves her people, she is just loyal to The Wyrnns above Silvermoon. So when you say you can see the blood elves holding such views; why not she? Who is, in fact, a blood elf?

    The Blood Elves disdain for the Night Elves and Void Elves isn't a faction thing, it's an elf thing. The Night Elves exiled the elves that would later become the Quel'dorei, and the Quel'dorei remained loyal to a faction that:

    - Ignored the actions of a commander that attempted genocide against their people
    - Remained with said faction

    Plus Tyrande managed to piss off the blood elves at Suramar.

    (The above is of course from the blood elven perspective, we're not debating the validity of those claims here. I am also paraphrasing ALOT. Plenty of arguments against those points)

    Should Valeera share the same disdain for the Alliance elves? I'm sure there's an argument against it, but if we're just making the assumption that she feels the same way most other Blood Elves do, being one herself, then we have the answers for that.

    If Anduin were to die I would assume she would dedicate herself to avenging his death. Following that, I would assume she'd probably devote herself to protecting Anduins legacy. Though it would be hilarious if she just decided to become a murder hobo and start cleansing the elven races of their "impurities". Or maybe she'd just devote herself to Uncrowned work.

    As for Calia, she's not a rotting corpse, she was raised quite soon (what was it hours?) after death and so was fresh, fresher than Sylvanas, fresher than the Andorhol undead the player raises, shes the freshiest of the fresh. Valeeras disgust is for what she considers "lesser elves" not literal smelliness.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2021-01-04 at 07:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"

  7. #7
    theres a whole lore section in this forum for unimportant story crap

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    She is a blood elf though. She still behaves like one and loves her people, she is just loyal to The Wyrnns above Silvermoon. So when you say you can see the blood elves holding such views; why not she? Who is, in fact, a blood elf?

    The Blood Elves disdain for the Night Elves and Void Elves isn't a faction thing, it's an elf thing. The Night Elves exiled the elves that would later become the Quel'dorei, and the Quel'dorei remained loyal to a faction that:

    - Ignored the actions of a commander that attempted genocide against their people
    - Remained with said faction

    Plus Tyrande managed to piss off the blood elves at Suramar.

    (The above is of course from the blood elven perspective, we're not debating the validity of those claims here. I am also paraphrasing ALOT. Plenty of arguments against those points)

    Should Valeera share the same disdain for the Alliance elves? I'm sure there's an argument against it, but if we're just making the assumption that she feels the same way most other Blood Elves do, being one herself, then we have the answers for that.

    If Anduin were to die I would assume she would dedicate herself to avenging his death. Following that, I would assume she'd probably devote herself to protecting Anduins legacy. Though it would be hilarious if she just decided to become a murder hobo and start cleansing the elven races of their "impurities". Or maybe she'd just devote herself to Uncrowned work.

    As for Calia, she's not a rotting corpse, she was raised quite soon (what was it hours?) after death and so was fresh, fresher than Sylvanas, fresher than the Andorhol undead the player raises, shes the freshiest of the fresh. Valeeras disgust is for what she considers "lesser elves" not literal smelliness.
    Why Valeera is disgusted by the Night Elves though? Why she is yuck to the Night Elves? Don't really get that part.

    - - - Updated - - -

    So wait, you are saying that if Anduin were to jump off a bridge, she would also do it? What if Anduin joined the Horde, would she also join the Horde?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    she's still a corpse tho
    We canonically died twice , once raised by the light almost like her and everyone praises us, why she became pale as a mf I don't know tbh.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    Why Valeera is disgusted by the Night Elves though? Why she is yuck to the Night Elves? Don't really get that part.

    - - - Updated - - -

    So wait, you are saying that if Anduin were to jump off a bridge, she would also do it? What if Anduin joined the Horde, would she also join the Horde?
    Oh it doesn't make a whole lot of sense why she is disgusted by the night elves. I only know why most other Blood Elves dislike the night elves and can only assume its a similar reason since she is a Blood Elf herself. I make that assumption in the absence of any specific reason given by Valeera herself.

    Short answer? Yes.

    Longer answer: She would have some shit to say to him and have lots of questions for him. She'd actively try to prevent him from killing himself if thats what you meant. As for the Horde; absolutely. She'd have questions I'm sure, she would definitely want to understand why Anduin was presumably throwing away his families legacy (leadership of the Alliance) but she is loyal to Anduin and would serve him if he made that choice I'm sure. No reason to believe otherwise anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"

  11. #11
    The weak and ignorant fear and mock what they cannot achieve nor master. It is therefore not a surprise that the lowly Sanguinar, a mere thief, a beggar, is utterly oblivious to the true respect and recognition that the Ren'dorei deserve and are naturally entitled to.
    Some will tell you that the Light is the only path. The only weapon that can stop the enemies of Azeroth. But we see alternatives. Many roads, many possibilities, that are open to us. There will be those who doubt you. Who question your resolve, your ability to harness powers that have caused the downfall of weaker wills. Together, we will prove them wrong.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Oh it doesn't make a whole lot of sense why she is disgusted by the night elves. I only know why most other Blood Elves dislike the night elves and can only assume its a similar reason since she is a Blood Elf herself. I make that assumption in the absence of any specific reason given by Valeera herself.

    Short answer? Yes.

    Longer answer: She would have some shit to say to him and have lots of questions for him. She'd actively try to prevent him from killing himself if thats what you meant. As for the Horde; absolutely. She'd have questions I'm sure, she would definitely want to understand why Anduin was presumably throwing away his families legacy (leadership of the Alliance) but she is loyal to Anduin and would serve him if he made that choice I'm sure. No reason to believe otherwise anyway.
    She sees her own race superior to the night elves right? I guess that could be one reason why no?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Oh it doesn't make a whole lot of sense why she is disgusted by the night elves. I only know why most other Blood Elves dislike the night elves and can only assume its a similar reason since she is a Blood Elf herself. I make that assumption in the absence of any specific reason given by Valeera herself.

    Short answer? Yes.

    Longer answer: She would have some shit to say to him and have lots of questions for him. She'd actively try to prevent him from killing himself if thats what you meant. As for the Horde; absolutely. She'd have questions I'm sure, she would definitely want to understand why Anduin was presumably throwing away his families legacy (leadership of the Alliance) but she is loyal to Anduin and would serve him if he made that choice I'm sure. No reason to believe otherwise anyway.
    So if Anduin joins Horde, you're saying she would have no issues at all herself joining the Horde? I thought she didn't like joining any factions?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    She sees her own race superior to the night elves right? I guess that could be one reason why no?

    - - - Updated - - -



    So if Anduin joins Horde, you're saying she would have no issues at all herself joining the Horde? I thought she didn't like joining any factions?
    See that's the point. She wouldn't "join the Horde" she would simply continue to serve Anduin. If Anduin served the Horde, so too would she by serving him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    See that's the point. She wouldn't "join the Horde" she would simply continue to serve Anduin. If Anduin served the Horde, so too would she by serving him.
    yeah but if he tells her to join then what?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    yeah but if he tells her to join then what?
    I already answered you chief. Valeera serves the Wrynn family. That is your answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"

  16. #16
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ardenweald
    Posts
    15,275
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    We canonically died twice , once raised by the light almost like her and everyone praises us, why she became pale as a mf I don't know tbh.
    We were ressurected, she was raised into Undeath.

    And she's pale because Saa'ra infused her with the Light.
    Just how everything becomes white/gold when infused with Light.

    Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

  17. #17
    Lately they've been trying to play it off like she's always been "one of us" and not really just some alliance character.

    If she's one of the Blood Elves, then it makes sense that she would have some disdain for the Night Elves who while the Blood Elves were trying to recover from the Scourge had sent forces into the Ghost Lands to sabotage them.
    And with Void Elves, Veleera played a part in stopping Cho'gall who gave himself over to the void for more power. Seeing that the Void Elves did this aswell, even following in the footsteps of Dar'khan Drathir who was largely responsible for the fall of Quel'thalas and the massacre of their people, any high/blood elf has a right to dislike them.


    But honestly, I dont like how forced this is that she's horde, almost as if it's not genuine. I can't tell if the writers are legit saying she's now horde or if she's just spying on the Horde. Like with Garona and Voss aswell in BFA, neither of them were "horde" before but here they are saying they're horde and the whole time im thinking Garona is here to kill someone and nope, she was legit just a horde member now. At least give us some development of Valeera saying something like she needs to be with her people and not be a human boot licking elf like Alleria and Vereesa.

  18. #18
    Elemental Lord GreenJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    8,675
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Most Blood Elves aren't too happy with their predecessor races and they certainly don't trust the void elves.

    Additionally, its a subtle distinction, but an important one:

    Valeera is not Alliance. She is committed to the Wrynn family, and that family leads the Alliance. Should Anduin ever decide to betray the Alliance, Valeera would as well.
    I just don't understand how that makes any logical sense. How is a member of an enemy faction the personal spy to the leader of the enemy faction without any conflicts of interest? Why does no one on either side have a problem with this? Like you would think officials in Silvermoon would pressure her to disclose any military information she might have seen or Anduin would ask about any important details he might be privy to. This arrangement between her and the Wrynn family seems to be "open knowledge", but during war time why was this relationship still okay?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-01-04 at 08:40 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I just don't understand how that makes any sense. How is a member of an enemy faction the personal spy to the leader of the enemy faction without any conflicts of interest?
    Easy. She is not a member of an enemy faction.

    She is a Blood Elf, she is not a member of the Horde.

    Her loyalties are the the Wrynn family, full stop. Or at least that's how it was before Shadowlands. I haven't played Shadowlands, so unsure how she's written now.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2021-01-04 at 08:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    We canonically died twice , once raised by the light almost like her and everyone praises us, why she became pale as a mf I don't know tbh.
    More if you're an undead Death Knight.

    We were raised on the spot. She had been dead for possibly a few days or a week. It was stated in the book that despite her being dead, she was still like pristine. The fans kinda took that and went crazy with "lightbound undead" theories and to be honest, i feel like Blizzard just listened to that and made her into this light undead person.

    Also Anduin confirmed that people have been resurrected by the light, making it canon. But those people aren't undead.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •