Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Was BFA actually the best expansion?

I mean we got warfronts, islands, and Vulperas. I don't like it when people think BFA was bad. I'd say BFA was probably the best.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    I mean we got warfronts, islands, and Vulperas. I don't like it when people think BFA was bad. I'd say BFA was probably the best.
    Did you play BfA?

Warfronts were terrible and forgotten about within weeks.
    Classes were H O R R I B L E.
    Azerite Gear was TRASH.
    Lore was all over the place.
    All landmasses designed to pad time played metrics.

Overall very lackluster.

I think it introduced the best feature in the game, which are Allied Races. A very popular feature too, at least judging by the sheer number of players that the Ren'dorei or Zandalari trolls or Dark Iron dwarves have.

Players whined for years and years about nothing is exclusive or special anymore in the game, so Blizzard introduced special races that can be unlocked only through EFFORT. You want to play an allied race? Go farm their reputation and complete quests. You want their heritage armor? Go level a new character from scratch to max level. This was brilliant design.

It is not the best expansion, but it is also not a vile product of Satan's evil like some people around here would have you believe. People who, by the way, probably preordered Shadowlands as soon as it was announced anyway LOLOL.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-01-05 at 09:01 PM.

BFA is 2nd worst only to WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    TBC holds #1 worst xpac for me stil, and I played through it originally. Raided did all the stuff. Only xpac I unsubbed for.

10+ Year Old Account
    bfa 8.3 was the best expansion since after throne of thunder in mop

you are one of the rare cases who liked bfa and that is totally fine. in some cases I liked it too, but still - it sucked really hard compared to other addons.

PS: the worst xpac for me was legion

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    TBC holds #1 worst xpac for me stil, and I played through it originally. Raided did all the stuff. Only xpac I unsubbed for.
    amazing how people can have such wildly different opinions,for me tbc is nr 1 by a metric ton

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Did you play BfA?

Warfronts were terrible and forgotten about within weeks.
    Classes were H O R R I B L E.
    Azerite Gear was TRASH.
    Lore was all over the place.
    All landmasses designed to pad time played metrics.

Overall very lackluster.
    Wafronts replaced with torghast and maw
    classes still horrible
    azerite gear replaced with soulbinds adn conduits
    lore is still all over the place
    all landmasses still designed to pad time played metrics

so how is Shadowlands any better?

No... no it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    Wafronts replaced with torghast and maw
    classes still horrible
    azerite gear replaced with soulbinds adn conduits
    lore is still all over the place
    all landmasses still designed to pad time played metrics

so how is Shadowlands any better?
    Never said it was and agree on all points ABOUT SL - From what I've seen, SL is shaping up to be a poor expansion.

I agree that BfA is the best expansion, and I base that solely on how much I enjoyed playing WoW when it was active.

I am not even joking, but Vulperas were actually one of the best additions to WoW in a long time. As an alliance warmode player I religiously kill any Vulpera I see. I also always win every fight now, because you can instantly know that a Vulpera player is terrible.

Dear god, is the state of the game that bad where people have forgotten how bad things have become... To answer your question OP, no.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    WoD was not that bad if you were a raider. The 3 raids we got were well designed. Also the leveling with the introduction of Bonus Objectives was by far the best we had to the point that leveling guides STILL tell you to go to Draenor to level up even after the level squish. Yes, PVE content and PVP suffered due to the cut content and garrison's were a nightmare, but overall, I think MoP was worse than WoD as an expansion since I tend to love to PVP and CC was just... AWEFUL in MoP compared to wod. I mean ffs... Priest Void Tendrils anyone? a Root you have to DPS and it had a shit ton of health? I admit Throne of Thunder was a good raid, but Siege felt boring especially on 4 difficulties (LFR, Normal, Flex, Heroic (Later Mythic))

For me it wasn't. It just didn't feel fun to play. There was lots to do and it was easy to gear and get alts up to scratch but if you don't have fun doing it then what's the point. It was the worst time in wow since Vanilla.

WoD or Legion might have been the most fun. WoD because of the raids and Legion with the not as good raids but still lots to do. Prob legion because WoD wasn't really a full expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    Even though I'm doing it too, you all should know better than to even reply to this thread. OP is obvious T ROLL, and isn't even hiding about it. 0/10

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

It really was NOT that awesome. Even the Orgrimmar ending was...anti-climactic and unsatisfying, Sylvanas and Saurfang exchange several words, he gives her the tiniest of scars, randomly and somewhat erroneously mentions failing to turn the factions against each other at Teldrassil and Lordaeron, whose campaigns he basically supported and fought for, then she instantly kills him and flies away after calling the Horde beasts who howl for honor.

I actually like the faction war -- as a narrative. To some extent. But their development was...very messy and difficult to admire.
    Last edited by OwenBurton; 2021-01-06 at 12:54 AM.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Well, i liked the zones and storyline on the Alliance side at launch

New races were good aditions.

I actually liked Warfronts. I thought islands had a lot of potencial too, but the reward system, pvp aspect and time pressure were off.

In theory i liked them more than visions and torghast. But they weren't properly realised.

Like, warfronts reminded me of a GW2 zone meta event. It could fit better as a world event.

Islands were really interesting lore wise. I probably didnt even see them all cause i couldn't stand to grind AP.

The rest? Not great.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-01-06 at 12:57 AM.