Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Can you just do layer 8 and get all the rewards?
    Nope - you need to do 18 x 1, 18 x 2, 18 x 3, .... all the way up to 18 x 8.

    Your normal torghast unlocks do not affect your twisting corridors ones.

    Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Nope - you need to do 18 x 1, 18 x 2, 18 x 3, .... all the way up to 18 x 8.

    Your normal torghast unlocks do not affect your twisting corridors ones.
    That's stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

  3. #23
    I do not like Torghast all that much but I do want that mount, anything to make my experience better in the Maw is worth going for.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    not seeing anything about how many floors there are per layer...or am i missing something
    It says it right there in the post, 18 floors. This is going to be a loooooong wing. lol

    "My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Why do people like you always have to comment on and judge other people's opinions? You people constantly bitching about other people's bitching is way more annoying than the buttload of people bitching about absolutely everything.
    Have you thought about bitching about people bitching about other people bitching about other people's opinions?

    OT: I like Torghast.

  6. #26
    as a Druid i dont see a point in going for the mount. on the other hand. im going to get that mount.

  7. #27
    Elemental Lord GreenJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    8,697
    Wait.. to get the mount.. you need to do 8 x18 floors? Lol Jesus christ.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by steellz View Post
    as a Druid i dont see a point in going for the mount. on the other hand. im going to get that mount.
    Well, their ain't no way I'll be soloing it ... and I can't imagine a group of us committing that much time to it either.

    Even the layer 1 version for the main questline is overtuned for some classes.

    Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

  9. #29
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Constantinople
    Posts
    1,902
    8 x 18 is an unimaginable number of floors.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

  10. #30
    Are the Twisted Corridors floors shorter than standard Torghast, or is a whole layer run going to take much longer than standard layer 8?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Wait.. to get the mount.. you need to do 8 x18 floors? Lol Jesus christ.
    Yep ... and even level 1 - the last boss is over tuned.

    It will be hundreds of hours of time in there for most people to get the mount... in terms of saving time, it will be quicker to walk around the maw than to get the mount

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Are the Twisted Corridors floors shorter than standard Torghast, or is a whole layer run going to take much longer than standard layer 8?
    It will take more than 3 x longer than a normal Torghast because - in effect - the 18 floors of layer 1 are like normal 1 + normal 2 + normal 3 (not 3 lots of normal 1).

    Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    8 x 18 is an unimaginable number of floors.
    Incorrect. It's 144 floors.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Are the Twisted Corridors floors shorter than standard Torghast, or is a whole layer run going to take much longer than standard layer 8?
    They're the same. It's gonna take a long time to get through all of it.

    Also, it seems people are thinking that layer 8 twisting corridors is the same difficulty as layer 8 standard torghast. It's not, it's significantly harder unless they nerfed the hell out of it. Twisting corridors is supposed to be the challenge mode of Torghast. One way to look at it is forget the layers and only think about floors. Maxing out "standard" Torghast requires you to clear floor 48 (6 floors x 8 layers). Maxing Twisting Corridors requires you to clear floor 144 (18 floors x 8 layers). It is probably only possible for the most dedicated and skilled players right now, if it is even possible for anyone to clear at all.
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If your guild demands you slip into an elephants butt and force yourself out in a regurgation then you can't blame Blizzard for supplying the elephant.

  14. #34
    Elemental Lord GreenJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    8,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    They're the same. It's gonna take a long time to get through all of it.

    Also, it seems people are thinking that layer 8 twisting corridors is the same difficulty as layer 8 standard torghast. It's not, it's significantly harder unless they nerfed the hell out of it. Twisting corridors is supposed to be the challenge mode of Torghast. One way to look at it is forget the layers and only think about floors. Maxing out "standard" Torghast requires you to clear floor 48 (6 floors x 8 layers). Maxing Twisting Corridors requires you to clear floor 144 (18 floors x 8 layers). It is probably only possible for the most dedicated and skilled players right now, if it is even possible for anyone to clear at all.
    Do you unlock save points on each layer? I'm not sure if I would have time to finish a whole 18 floor run in one sitting.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Do you unlock save points on each layer? I'm not sure if I would have time to finish a whole 18 floor run in one sitting.
    No saves unless you clear a layer.
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If your guild demands you slip into an elephants butt and force yourself out in a regurgation then you can't blame Blizzard for supplying the elephant.

  16. #36
    The Lightbringer Dr Assbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,770
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Do you unlock save points on each layer? I'm not sure if I would have time to finish a whole 18 floor run in one sitting.
    Actually you have to do all layers in 1 sitting.

    Better get to it!!!
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

    I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

  17. #37
    People always want everything so fast, this week they will be punished. 219 Monk WW here, couldn't finish TG this week solo.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Incorrect. It's 144 floors.
    Luls

    Shit that is unimaginable to someone uneducated.
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

  19. #39
    I am Murloc! Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,119
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Have you thought about bitching about people bitching about other people bitching about other people's opinions?

    OT: I like Torghast.
    Saaame bro. I've done more torghast after doing weekly just because I like it each week \o/
    Hi

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Have you thought about bitching about people bitching about other people bitching about other people's opinions?

    OT: I like Torghast.
    Depends on whether or not the person I'm bitching about was bitching about me bitching about a guy who was bitching about me bitching about something. Circle of bitches or sth like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •