Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah hard pass from me.

Torghast is fun and all, but not 144 floors fun. All that for a mount that I can use in a zone I already avoid like the plague? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I do not like Torghast all that much but I do want that mount, anything to make my experience better in the Maw is worth going for.
    There is a second Maw mount you can get as a rare drop from doing the Hunts in the Maw.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of had a hard time doing Twisting Corridors floor 18 of layer 1 as a ilvl 189 BM hunter. Only the last boss really, but I had to burn every cooldown, rez my pet once when the boss was like 10% and I am glad I don't have to run that place at higher difficulties. Even if they add more story missions that send you in there, it should only require layer 1 to complete.

It also took a hella long time. Like an hour and a half or two hours IIRC. That was with me clearing everything because I had a feeling I would struggle with those highest floors so I wanted to grab all the anima and powers.

Also, if you kill the vendor with the ball that turns him into anima back on floor 3 or 6, you won't have that vendor on floor 9, 12, 15 or 18 (depending on which one you kill). I killed the first vendor guy and when I made it to floor 15 he was dead.

It’s also an expansion feature. It will get easier as gear gets better in later patches. People want to race to complete it now, which is fine. Hell, I’m going to try and get thru quite a bit myself on my days off. The thing is, I’m pretty sure it’s not intended to be cleared in the first month, let alone the first week, it’s been released.

Big mistake not granting soul ash for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Big mistake not granting soul ash for it.
    Why?
    Now people who do t care about cosmetics can ignore it completely.
    There are definite cases where you do not need to mix the player improvement crowd with the cosmetics crowd. In this case neither would want the other interfering with their preferred vision of Torghast.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

144 floors at 144hz.

Got it Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why?
    Now people who do t care about cosmetics can ignore it completely.
    There are definite cases where you do not need to mix the player improvement crowd with the cosmetics crowd. In this case neither would want the other interfering with their preferred vision of Torghast.
    It's...NOT just cosmetics, though. It has the mount that we're all desperate for.

- - - Updated - - -

I am SO not looking forward to sitting at my computer, unable to take any breaks, for 5-6 hours at a stretch. EIGHT separate times. At least. With perfect, death-free, first-attempt completions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    It's...NOT just cosmetics, though. It has the mount that we're all desperate for.
    I honestly think most people will prefer avoiding the maw over grinding out twisting corridors, but that will probably become clear as time passes...

5+ Year Old Account
    Why so many vendor murders...

No thanks.... I'll just wait until all you whiny cancel culture snowflakes get it nerfed....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I am SO not looking forward to sitting at my computer, unable to take any breaks, for 5-6 hours at a stretch. EIGHT separate times. At least. With perfect, death-free, first-attempt completions.
    It only takes an hour maybe two. Not five.....

Lucikly by now everyone should already have all thorgast upgrades from maw and can just ignore it - and so they can ignore twisted corridors as they dont give any rewards besides junk

15+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait for threads on how hard it is and how it should be nerfed.

Some people.. This Torghast wing is for cosmetics. You have an undefined amount of time to clear it.
    The mount is good, as there are only 2 that can ride inside the maw, but a mount will make the maw not easier or less of a chore.
    Go for the event mount, or get good gear and unlock the L8 mount.
    This content is meant for people that got some free time after doing their weekly stuff + having gear.

No Schwarzkopf, it's NOT overtuned. You're undergeared. Just because YOU can't beat it doesn't mean it's overtuned.
    I can beat it. Not taking 2 hours (like you do clearing a normal L8 wing), at all.
    But hey, you'll come with "it's mages, it's mages!" - no, it's not. /shrug

Damn, Druids and Worgen are no longer the cool kids

Imagine doing floors 1 3 5 and 7 and getting nothing at the end. Why do they even exist?

10+ Year Old Account
    having to start from scratch on an alt for Torghast is bad enough.

Now you want me to run 18 floors... 8 times... for a mount?

Mage Tower at least had cool shit tied to it. But Torghast? A pet, a toy, a title, and a mount. Woo.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Damn, Druids and Worgen are no longer the cool kids
    druids can still stealth past everything, which honestly I prefer over the travel form speed boost

I got through it on my shaman. You get so many abilities that by the end you are just getting crap mawrat ones because you essentially have every other ability at their max levels.