Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    That are wildly innacurate to the point that GN went out and bought thousands of dollars of actual testing equipment because those sensors cant be trusted. In before "lol who cares about what Gamers Nexus thinks".



    Its funny how you never actually refute anything i say with facts, just say "you're wrong", and everyone is supposed to just accept your word as the Word of God even though you have no credibility on this forum at all and have been proven wrong at every turn.

    I told you about GNs videos on the topic that basically say you're completely full of it.

    Not my fault you didnt watch them.

    Or the recent video Linus did where they used nVidia's own in-house hardware tools to measure wattage (that nVidia sent them) and on a totally synthetically maxed OCed 3090 and 5950X they were at... 700W. Balls out. 700W.

    I can go on.

    Pretty much EVERY reputable Tech tuber has done these tests.

    Not even Johnny Guru agrees with you.

    But do go on with the drivel about how youre right, frantically trying to justify a needless overpurchase on your own behalf and giving terrible advice to the OP.

    I felt the need to pull this one out because of its particularly silliness:



    Doesn't matter what you do. The numbers you quoted are under full synthetic load. As in, the hardware is 100% maxed out. Its not going to pull more power no matter what you do. Literally cant.

    But sure, we're the idiots.

    Got a paraphrase for you:

    You run into an idiot in the morning, you ran into an idiot. You run into idiots all day? You're the idiot.

    Enjoy ignore. OP, whatever you do, dont listen to this clown.
    I can monitor what my PSU is doing in real time. I'm right, you're wrong the end. If you want to suggest I save $20 and go with an 850w PSU vs. a 1000w PSU when it clearly is using 790-810 peak watts, you're the idiot here, not me.

    I'll trust Corsair over you. As a matter of fact, to the block list you go, I don't need to deal with an absolute moron like yourself.

  2. #42
    Bloodsail Admiral ovm33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The 'Nati
    Posts
    1,063
    I bought a Straight Power 11 850 Plat for my 5800x / 3090* build. That's where I felt comfortable at but at the end of the day it's what you feel comfortable at that matters. I've heard 3090's can be real "spikey" but I'm not really planning on pushing high OC's either so not concerned.

    *3090 is still pending finding stock - currently got my old venerable dreadnaught the Titan Xp in. If I can get a 3080 first I might just say screw the 3090 as I'm getting tired of waiting.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    I bought a Straight Power 11 850 Plat for my 5800x / 3090* build. That's where I felt comfortable at but at the end of the day it's what you feel comfortable at that matters. I've heard 3090's can be real "spikey" but I'm not really planning on pushing high OC's either so not concerned.

    *3090 is still pending finding stock - currently got my old venerable dreadnaught the Titan Xp in. If I can get a 3080 first I might just say screw the 3090 as I'm getting tired of waiting.
    Unless you’re doing some kind of 3D graphics or the like a 3090 isn’t really worth the money.

  4. #44
    Bloodsail Admiral ovm33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The 'Nati
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Unless you’re doing some kind of 3D graphics or the like a 3090 isn’t really worth the money.
    While you're are absolutely right, it's less about need and more about want, lol.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

  5. #45
    I see a lot of weird stuff in this thread. No you don't need 1000+W to run these things on average. A 750W would probably be enough if it weren't for the 3090 spiking up to quite high wattages and tripping voltage protections cause of it. So probably an 850W is a minimum I'd to look for. That said I personally went with a 1000W titanium, because it was the most efficient at 450-550W(average) range where my rig usually lands when gaming.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Unless you’re doing some kind of 3D graphics or the like a 3090 isn’t really worth the money.
    Depends on the resolution you game at. I use LG OLED's as a monitor, which can output 4k @ 120. This is an area the 3090 leaps ahead of the 3080 on. Does the 3090 give an equal % performance to dollar advantage? No.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by SigmaShift View Post
    Depends on the resolution you game at. I use LG OLED's as a monitor, which can output 4k @ 120. This is an area the 3090 leaps ahead of the 3080 on. Does the 3090 give an equal % performance to dollar advantage? No.
    I’d say leaps is a pretty big exaggeration considering there are titles where it’s like 2%.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •