Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Now I'm like a peasant while friends who live inside the game do more dungeons in a week than I can do in a month. And I think I try to squeeze out 2-3 vault options a week while picking up no upgrades along the way and I get the same items several times over, 2 weeks with ilvl 216-223 items in cache and no upgrades.
    They're gearing up equally as fast as you are - One item a week.

They just give themselves more chances at loot they need.

That's literally the most sensible way they can make this system. It's unfortunate that you are experiencing a stroke of bad luck in your 2-3 chances a week, but 2-3 more chances a week doesn't guarantee you an item any more than your original 2-3 chances. And since you still only end up with ONE item, it's literally no different than rolling an item off a boss loot table and picking which of the rewards you get.

The lowered loot drops in Mythic+ just means you have a lower ceiling. The chest still gives the good stuff, as it did in BfA giving several item levels higher than the max drop in Mythic+ dungeons. And the chest is balanced by being 1 item earned a week, no matter how many chances to roll an item you need that you get.

Yes, playing more SHOULD net you more chances at something you need. I don't know why that's hard to understand.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2021-01-06 at 08:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    They're gearing up equally as fast as you are - One item a week.

They just give themselves more chances at loot they need.

That's literally the most sensible way they can make this system. It's unfortunate that you are experiencing a stroke of bad luck in your 2-3 chances a week, but 2-3 more chances a week doesn't guarantee you an item any more than your original 2-3 chances. And since you still only end up with ONE item, it's literally no different than rolling an item off a boss loot table and picking which of the rewards you get.

The lowered loot drops in Mythic+ just means you have a lower ceiling. The chest still gives the good stuff, as it did in BfA giving several item levels higher than the max drop in Mythic+ dungeons. And the chest is balanced by being 1 item earned a week, no matter how many chances to roll an item you need that you get.

Yes, playing more SHOULD net you more chances at something you need. I don't know why that's hard to understand.
    The difference in BFA was that you got a currency you could spend on azerite gear. So even if you got bad luck (and I had both great items and duplicates in BFA) you could still get an upgrade from it, at least when you're in the stage of "if it's an ilvl boost and I can equip it, it's a bonus". So lets say instead of picking an item (or in addition like in BFA) I got a currency I could use as bad luck protection, that would be great.

To have a system where they are like "yeah we will give you options so you don't get 3 sets of bracers in a row"... But then to have it like "but you're gonna have to work for it and you could still get 3 sets of bracers to choose from, after getting bracers the week before. As for my friends, the difference is also that for example one of them did 10 runs at M+15 last week, all their options were maximum. With limited time and not raiding it's not realistic, and 2 weeks of no upgrades has compounded the issue.

In 8.3 I played super casual, geared up like a champ and hit a diminishing returns at around 473-475 ish with good corruptions, that's better than heroic raiding gear level, while in SL that point is below normal raid gear. I long for the days of pre-legion gearing, to be honest.
    I7 6700K : 16GB DDR4 3000 : GTX1070 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    What annoys me is that I keep getting basically only rings and cloaks... it's like BFA's chest-of-disappointment all over again but you get taunted 5-6 times instead of 1.

Believe me or not but last week I took a ring from the chest, this week I took the exact same damn ring (due to higher ilev) and everything else was trash. You can place your bets on what I will get tomorrow..........
    Whereas last week the only two potential upgrades I got were both minor upgrades to my chest. This week of the three possible, one was a ring - and both I have had better stats, one was yet another chest (same deal), leaving the gloves which fortunately were an actual upgrade. Meanwhile I still have an awful trinket in one slot. RNG is RNG and sometimes it seems like it's being guided by malevolent spirits.

The difference in BFA was that you got a currency you could spend on azerite gear. So even if you got bad luck (and I had both great items and duplicates in BFA) you could still get an upgrade from it, at least when you're in the stage of "if it's an ilvl boost and I can equip it, it's a bonus". So lets say instead of picking an item (or in addition like in BFA) I got a currency I could use as bad luck protection, that would be great.

To have a system where they are like "yeah we will give you options so you don't get 3 sets of bracers in a row"... But then to have it like "but you're gonna have to work for it and you could still get 3 sets of bracers to choose from, after getting bracers the week before. As for my friends, the difference is also that for example one of them did 10 runs at M+15 last week, all their options were maximum. With limited time and not raiding it's not actually an option, and 2 weeks of no upgrades has compounded the issue.

In 8.3 I played super casual, geared up like a champ and hit a diminishing returns at around 473-475 ish with good corruptions, that's better than heroic raiding gear level, while in SL that point is below normal raid gear.
    You got currency because azerite gear couldn't actually drop from dungeons, and you could target the piece but it still had random azerite powers(much worse than wrong stats for example.)

This week is the first week I didn't have any clear upgrades, but I also forgot to run any mythics last week. Otherwise, I've had clear upgrades, and a couple of them have been very good pieces, stat-wise. RNG gonna RNG. Just because you have more options doesn't mean RNG won't screw you over from time to time.

To have a system where they are like "yeah we will give you options so you don't get 3 sets of bracers in a row"... But then to have it like "but you're gonna have to work for it and you could still get 3 sets of bracers to choose from, after getting bracers the week before. As for my friends, the difference is also that for example one of them did 10 runs at M+15 last week, all their options were maximum. With limited time and not raiding it's not realistic, and 2 weeks of no upgrades has compounded the issue.
    Ignoring Azerite gear because Azerite gear COULDN'T drop in dungeons and the currency existed so you could get them at some point through dungeoning...

This sounds more like you and your friends have wildly differing playstyles. You are a casual, they are not. They also likely super outgeared you last expansion if you both played, because that's what playing more does - It gears you faster. This is not surprising - It is the expected outcome.

They may not have had to deal with as much bad luck in the chest as you, but they still got most of their gear through actually PLAYING the game. And by doing so, they earned more chances at the chest. You are a self admitted casual, demanding to be as geared as a hardcore player, without putting in nearly as much effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    You got currency because azerite gear couldn't actually drop from dungeons, and you could target the piece but it still had random azerite powers(much worse than wrong stats for example.)
    It doesn't matter the why or what, It just matters that it was great to get currency. But yeah you could buy the cheap ones for less and the exact item for more, so you always had a goal in sight. Use badges/conquest as an example if must, the point was I'd much much prefer to be rewarded for my efforts than to have it all down to chance... You play the game all week and get no upgrades and then you're doing a /roll on whether you get something at the end of it.

I can't express any more how much I dislike the system, it's just another iteration of world of grindcraft with a new costume, circa whenever Legion launched.. Except this is at least on the gearing up side of things worse, albiet not worse when you consider AP grind in early expansion.
    I7 6700K : 16GB DDR4 3000 : GTX1070 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

TL;DR: I don't get BiS Items every week and am a whiny person.

On my alt I have gotten 2 trinkets in a row to choose from (4 m+ only), which seems like bad RNG, but trinkets are the best and most desirable slot to get apart from a weapon so I am happy. I would probably rage if I have gotten legs twice in a row because it's my legendary slot.

With that being said, please Blizzard, NO MORE TRINKETS NOW. I have 2 very good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    You must give OP that it isn't clickbait, you can deduce whole thing just from title.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    In the first week, 3 out of 5 options were helms which is what my legendary is. Besides that, my options have been fine.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

It doesn't matter the why or what, It just matters that it was great to get currency. But yeah you could buy the cheap ones for less and the exact item for more, so you always had a goal in sight. Use badges/conquest as an example if must, the point was I'd much much prefer to be rewarded for my efforts than to have it all down to chance... You play the game all week and get no upgrades and then you're doing a /roll on whether you get something at the end of it.

I can't express any more how much I dislike the system, it's just another iteration of world of grindcraft with a new costume, circa whenever Legion launched.. Except this is at least on the gearing up side of things worse, albiet not worse when you consider AP grind in early expansion.
    Exact item was only mythic ilvl and it cost a staggering amount of residuum. Honestly those pieces felt very out of reach if you didn't do +15 every week.

But I do agree that currency feels nice. Not valor though, we don't need another weekly cap. Maybe something akin to the residuum can work, based on your highest mythic, but then again, it will make M+ disproportionately more rewarding. So you have to base it around raid and pvp. Maybe make the Vault give a currency for gear instead of stygia.

Or just buff loot a bit across the board. Seems like the simplest, cleanest solution. Then again, how do you buff m+ loot without going to bfa levels of loot, when the difference is 1 item per dungeon. Vendor feels nice, however I don't think it is required. I guess what I am trying to say is that there isn't an easy solution, but I am just rambling at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    9/10 times a higher ilvl is an upgrade even with shitty secondary stats. Sucks you arent getting great pieces but any item you get there will be replaced anyway unless it's a 226/233.

Last week was a really badly itemized shoulders but was still happy to get it because it was an ilvl upgrade. Until I'm consistently doing +14s, I treat this gear as a stepping stone.

Still better than the chest used to be
    your logic is flawed, while it may be an upgrade, by how much? for example im 2.4k rated, so all the armor pieces are 226 and weapons are 233 in my vault. I have done 3+ Mythic bosses, and did 4 M+ 14 or higher. that means I had 6 Ilvl 226 items to choose from, yet I had a Vers / mast cloak from Raid, a Vers/haste cloak from M + and a Vers/mast cloak from PVP who are a Minor upg for pvp 213 identical item upgraded to 226. but a 1% dps Loss on Single target, and 4% Aoe, because all my gear is from pvp already (I have 1 Heroic raid item equipped, gotten nothing else) which means i have 1250 Versatility already, meaning Ive already hit the 10% dr, and close to the 20%. I dont dislike vers, but I dont like it that mutch

thats 3 items removed out of 6 that are ilvl 226 or 233.

then I got Haste / vers ring and Pants, the worst stat combination for my specc, while it is indeed an upgrade it would be a mistake to pick a vers/haste pvp ring, as Im able to buy the crit/vers one which is better, for conquest, making it an extremely short lived temporary upgrade at best. next I got the pvp helmet I already have (also with the wrong stats, Vers/haste)

So i ended up having to pick vers/mastery shoulders 226 where i already had 226 PVP shoulders. this was a DPS downgrade in PVP, but a very, very minor upgrade in pvp.

similar shit happened last week. and the week before. I have replaced both of those items with Conquest Point items since. so in 3 weeks Im currently sitting with 0 pve upgrades, and possibly the smallest upgrade I can imagine to PVP on a single item.

The duplicates are real, meanwhile my partners get 233 2-handers week 2, feelsgoodman.

EDIT** Just opened it on my alt, got 3 items, all 3 were duplicates of items I already had at the same Ilvl I already had them
    Last edited by Tumile; 2021-01-06 at 10:23 AM.

That's really bad luck for you but i also have to disagree, it's a clear improvement over the one random item from the chest in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I don't get your probelm... so you got 5 choices of upgrades... for free!!! buuuuuttt.... you don't like them?
    Cache is fine. AND the amount of coincidence that you got 5!!! pieces of dungeon and raid loot you allready wear, the exact same, is so extraordinaryly unlikly i wonder why you did not put a screenshot up.
    Vault is as fine as being able to ground mount at 151% speed instead of 150% would be fine.

It’s better than before (for ppl who play at least 3 hours a day) but the step has been made from plain horrible to moderately horrible.

I think this image and the fact some ppl got 233 weapons week 1 sum up my feelings about the great vault pretty well
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2021-01-06 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    You won't get more than 1-3 for entire season, let alone full gear. And if you do, you should play lotteries. Math, do you know it? Probability calcs, ever heard of?

If we take just great vault as standalone system then yes it's better than just chest, but we don't unless we are susceptible to scam.
    People need to realize that in context of overall gearing system, GV doesn't save them from bad RNG. In fact, it does the complete opposite because of:
    1. Lack of any alternatives (badges, tf, coins, master loot), literally lack of any bad luck protection system
    2. Gigantic disparity between rewards from actual content vs vault rewards.

So all and all, GV is shit.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > SL > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

It's about 9 times better than old weekly chest.

Quote Originally Posted by LDancer View Post
    So I was open minded about the Great Vault being an interesting addition to the end of week rewards. It sounded like an interesting evolution to the weekly chest.

But now, 2 weeks running I’m thinking it’s either broken or just complete garbage.

2 weeks running, I’ve had 6 unlocks in the vault for 6 choices, and of those 6, 5 are just an ilvl upgrade of something I’m wearing that I want to replace, and 1 is some other piece of rando gear.

With having 12 choices the last 2 weeks, I think I’d have been lucky to have gotten 1 piece of gear with haste. But no, it’s all the same crappy crit gear I’m trying to replace with haste gear.

Anyone else noticing extraordinarily bad “luck” when it comes to the vault choices? What are the odd of it offering me 5 choices of the exact item I’ve already equipped if the selections were completely random?
    First ppl cried because they got duplicates in bfa, now they cry cuz they dont get the absolute bis. For ppl like you there will never be a system that will satisfy you. Apart from directly building an item with stats.

The great vault is one of the best additions this addon has brought. Sure RNG can fuck you but with that many choices its almost impossible to not get an upgrade.

Despite not getting the best gear from the vault, I really like their approach to fix a bad-luck chest. ...makes it all the more amusing when people cry about getting more options. Would you rather have a random chest instead of options? :P