Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Oh no my welfare gear is not as good as it could be!

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Care to show us where Blizzard stated that The Vault's implicit purpose is to offset reduced gear drops? Its purpose has and always will be to provide more options for players who do more throughout the week. You taking that stated purpose and manipulating it to fit an argument for which it was never intended doesn't change anything.
    They did actually say that at some point. I will try to find a reference.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    OP is not the only one playing, bro. We all are. We're on a forum, let's discuss the game from our own perspectives.

    The "implied function" of the vault is that you get more options. But if multiple slots have identical pieces in them, guess what, that's NOT another option.

    I remember reading in a dev interview that they were reducing loot to emulate classic loot levels, where endgame 40man raiding gives the average player maybe 1 piece every 2 weeks, assuming he raids every week and isn't being funneled loot. What the devs forgot in this calculation was that classic gear is more meaningful, which makes them more desirable. Some weapons, tiersets, and trinkets are bis for the whole expansion. In retail, gear is purely stat sticks now. No set bonues, no weapon procs. The only interesting items are trinkets now.

    And yes the great vault is meant to compensate for the lower drop rates. Maybe if gear was interesting, there'd be less complaints here. Right now, the big issue is duplicates, or near-duplicates.
    great, now we have 30 data points. and lots of rng happening, fuck it, I'm amazed of our group effort in dispelling the great vault mysteries.

    people are just whiny bitches in general. give them an offering of 3 epic items and they will immediately start to critize the selection. or the item level. or the price of burgers in NYC. whatever.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

  4. #144
    The game taunted me last week and this week so very hard I feel like Ion heard me cursing his name in PVP and decided to retaliate

    Last week I got Heroic Bleakwing Assassin's Grips from my Great vault on my Demon Hunter and I was happy. Then I did my 5 timewalking dungeons - Oh cool...normal mode blackwing Assassin's grips... I'll disenchant those. I kill Sun King Normal (We were unlocking our shortcut) and... Bleakwing Assassin's grips... Ok I go do Heroic Sun King and.... Heroic Bleakwing Assassin's grips but these ones have leech so im not too upset at it.

    THEN THIS WEEK I OPEN MY VAULT AND 2 OF THE 3 SLOTS ARE BLEAKWING ASSASSIN'S GRIPS AND I SWEAR TO GOD IM BEING MEMED ON BY ION! ION PLEASE STOP THIS IS HARASSMENT!!!

  5. #145
    Its better in every single way. In bfa you had _1_ choice that was often not even a ilvl upgrade over what you had equipped. I have got my bis raid trinket from the weekly chest. How is that not better ?

  6. #146
    Its like legendaries on Legion. There is nothing you can do to choose which slot you get, but its really important for your raid team to random a weapon. Its just annoying to see other people outperforming you cos they got lucky and from 1 weekly m+ got better reward then me running 10x 14+ for being able to choose some trash item...

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Aureli View Post
    Its just annoying to see other people outperforming you cos they got lucky and from 1 weekly m+ got better reward then me running 10x 14+ for being able to choose some trash item...
    if people doing better bcs of luck is anoying you you play wrong genre...
    btw it was like that since vanila, so its not realy anything new...

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by LDancer View Post
    So I was open minded about the Great Vault being an interesting addition to the end of week rewards. It sounded like an interesting evolution to the weekly chest.

    But now, 2 weeks running I’m thinking it’s either broken or just complete garbage.

    2 weeks running, I’ve had 6 unlocks in the vault for 6 choices, and of those 6, 5 are just an ilvl upgrade of something I’m wearing that I want to replace, and 1 is some other piece of rando gear.

    With having 12 choices the last 2 weeks, I think I’d have been lucky to have gotten 1 piece of gear with haste. But no, it’s all the same crappy crit gear I’m trying to replace with haste gear.

    Anyone else noticing extraordinarily bad “luck” when it comes to the vault choices? What are the odd of it offering me 5 choices of the exact item I’ve already equipped if the selections were completely random?
    the chest is still RNG and ilvl main stat will still outweight secondaries due to stat weights. you may want haste, like i was haste mastery, but doesnt mean you'll get your prefered stat items all the time even in dungeons lol shit for warriors there isnt even a haste mastery piece for every slot! which wouldve been nice

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    So the problem is basically that OP thinks that any piece that is not bis with the right stats, are useless gear and trash.

    I got it now.
    That is the attitude of a lot of players these days, and yes most of the same people that are complaining about shadowlands loot.

    I've played this game since 2005 and this expansion is one of the most fun and most rewarding (in that I am rewarded for the work I put in for the most part and don't feel like I'm wasting my time)I have played to date.

  10. #150
    Better than previous versions, but yeah rewards still too RNG, luckily I've been able to get "meh" upgrades from them.

    Would be cool if M+ dungeons dropped some sorta currency we could reroll the chests with.

  11. #151
    Warchief roboscorcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    great, now we have 30 data points. and lots of rng happening, fuck it, I'm amazed of our group effort in dispelling the great vault mysteries.

    people are just whiny bitches in general. give them an offering of 3 epic items and they will immediately start to critize the selection. or the item level. or the price of burgers in NYC. whatever.
    Look, if you can't handle discussion and different opinions, maybe the *forums* are not the place for you. You know, the place where we're *supposed* to make our thoughts known as a community?

    Apparently, we need to be data scientists with server access to the WoW loot tables before we're allowed to discuss the great vault.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    They did actually say that at some point. I will try to find a reference.
    You're likely referring to this Blue post. I'll highlight the important part:

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Bonus rolls no longer exist, and the Great Vault captures the value they used to provide to raiders. Non-raiders should also factor in the Great Vault, as completing a Mythic Keystone +15 will award a choice of up to three item-level 226 pieces from the Great Vault.
    To note, Blizzard is not saying that the GV is a replacement for loot scarcity but rather a tool that can be used to help offset some bad luck (as bonus rolls did in the past). Taking this one step further and demanding Blizzard provide all choices without any effort on behalf of the player (ie, not needing to complete extra content to have extra chances) kind of defeats the entire purpose of the tool.

  13. #153
    Warchief roboscorcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well, thats not really truth... if i have among my options 3 cloaks with different stats i can choose the one thats best for my spec, or, in case i have legendary back for my main spec, the one with stats for my offspec... provided ofc i dont want anything else from other options

    sure, it would be much better to not have same slot items, but lets not pretend it doesnt make more options...
    Yesterday I had 2 very different options for the glove slot: lvl200 pvp gloves or lvl210 m+ gloves. I took the 210 gloves, but it was an interesting choice because if were were to push my pvp rating, I could push the pvp gloves up. I don't plan on doing so, so that was a good choice. However, if the choice was between 2 necklaces with same ilvlv and nearly identical stats, that's not an interesting choice. All I want is to reduce the likelihood of the 2nd scenario.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Look, if you can't handle discussion and different opinions, maybe the *forums* are not the place for you. You know, the place where we're *supposed* to make our thoughts known as a community?

    Apparently, we need to be data scientists with server access to the WoW loot tables before we're allowed to discuss the great vault.
    no, but jumping to conclusions because 3 dimwits on the forums agree that they got offered trash in the vault this week is not exactly helpful anyway.
    i might take this discussion serious if there was more then an echo chamber of "not enough viable loot, blizzards new weekly fucked me over", thank you very much.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Yesterday I had 2 very different options for the glove slot: lvl200 pvp gloves or lvl210 m+ gloves. I took the 210 gloves, but it was an interesting choice because if were were to push my pvp rating, I could push the pvp gloves up. I don't plan on doing so, so that was a good choice. However, if the choice was between 2 necklaces with same ilvlv and nearly identical stats, that's not an interesting choice. All I want is to reduce the likelihood of the 2nd scenario.
    that chance is already incredibly small... althouhg it sure sucks to be the one who "win" against the odds, i think there are worse issues, both with great vault and outside of it

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    no, but jumping to conclusions because 3 dimwits on the forums agree that they got offered trash in the vault this week is not exactly helpful anyway.
    i might take this discussion serious if there was more then an echo chamber of "not enough viable loot, blizzards new weekly fucked me over", thank you very much.
    There is no jumping to conclusion. Pure math and probability. What other people got is irrelevant. Relevant is that there will be 15% people who will get upgrades 3 times in a row, as well as 15% people who won't get shit 3 weeks straight.

    And the problem is: there is nothing to offset that.

    Like i said multiple times, thinking GV is good because it offers you more choices is low iq take. You need to take into consideration other aspects of loot system.
    And one of the things is that loot disparity is too great. There is no TF so even if you wanted to grind like mad, it won't yield any results. GV loot is still be better.
    Drip fed weekly loot doesn't have any rng protection at all.

    Two people doing exactly the same content can be 10 ilvl apart and it won't be even uncommon.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > SL > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

  17. #157
    Herald of the Titans msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    if your will is so weak you do things just bcs there is a slot in vault showing you CAN do more its not realy games fault...
    vault is there so if you have time and want to play more you get more options, thats a good thing and should not removed just bcs some people have brain of a monkey and do anything just bcs they see they can...
    Will so weak? This is a bad argument. I'm paying 15$ sub either way. If I'm not getting my 15$ worth that's not weak will, that's just a bad product.

    I want to play more, but I don't want to grind and that is something you obviously can't understand, none of you addicts can, because you will just arbitrarily grind for anything placed in front of you for any reason, so yeah, I can see how you would be delusional enough to think that people who don't want to arbitrarily grind for random rewards are "weak willed", that is just pathetic addict cope lmao.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Will so weak? This is a bad argument. I'm paying 15$ sub either way. If I'm not getting my 15$ worth that's not weak will, that's just a bad product.

    I want to play more, but I don't want to grind and that is something you obviously can't understand, none of you addicts can, because you will just arbitrarily grind for anything placed in front of you for any reason, so yeah, I can see how you would be delusional enough to think that people who don't want to arbitrarily grind for random rewards are "weak willed", that is just pathetic addict cope lmao.
    Nice to see you've upgraded your argument from, "I don't like it therefore it should be removed," to "I don't like it therefore it should be removed and anybody who disagrees with me is AN ADDICT!!!!!!"

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Nice to see you've upgraded your argument from, "I don't like it therefore it should be removed," to "I don't like it therefore it should be removed and anybody who disagrees with me is AN ADDICT!!!!!!"
    And what exactly is your argument? At least he has some, for him game doesn't bring enough enjoyment to justify cost.

    You know, picking up some random arguments while ignoring every other properly formulated doesn't make you win in conversations.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > SL > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

  20. #160
    I like the system a lot. Choice is good.

    I got a 220 wep on the first week of season 1 lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •