Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    You got currency because azerite gear couldn't actually drop from dungeons, and you could target the piece but it still had random azerite powers(much worse than wrong stats for example.)
    It doesn't matter the why or what, It just matters that it was great to get currency. But yeah you could buy the cheap ones for less and the exact item for more, so you always had a goal in sight. Use badges/conquest as an example if must, the point was I'd much much prefer to be rewarded for my efforts than to have it all down to chance... You play the game all week and get no upgrades and then you're doing a /roll on whether you get something at the end of it.

I can't express any more how much I dislike the system, it's just another iteration of world of grindcraft with a new costume, circa whenever Legion launched.. Except this is at least on the gearing up side of things worse, albiet not worse when you consider AP grind in early expansion.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

On my alt I have gotten 2 trinkets in a row to choose from (4 m+ only), which seems like bad RNG, but trinkets are the best and most desirable slot to get apart from a weapon so I am happy. I would probably rage if I have gotten legs twice in a row because it's my legendary slot.

With that being said, please Blizzard, NO MORE TRINKETS NOW. I have 2 very good ones.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    TL;DR: I don't get BiS Items every week and am a whiny person.
    You must give OP that it isn't clickbait, you can deduce whole thing just from title.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    In the first week, 3 out of 5 options were helms which is what my legendary is. Besides that, my options have been fine.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It doesn't matter the why or what, It just matters that it was great to get currency. But yeah you could buy the cheap ones for less and the exact item for more, so you always had a goal in sight. Use badges/conquest as an example if must, the point was I'd much much prefer to be rewarded for my efforts than to have it all down to chance... You play the game all week and get no upgrades and then you're doing a /roll on whether you get something at the end of it.

I can't express any more how much I dislike the system, it's just another iteration of world of grindcraft with a new costume, circa whenever Legion launched.. Except this is at least on the gearing up side of things worse, albiet not worse when you consider AP grind in early expansion.
    Exact item was only mythic ilvl and it cost a staggering amount of residuum. Honestly those pieces felt very out of reach if you didn't do +15 every week.

But I do agree that currency feels nice. Not valor though, we don't need another weekly cap. Maybe something akin to the residuum can work, based on your highest mythic, but then again, it will make M+ disproportionately more rewarding. So you have to base it around raid and pvp. Maybe make the Vault give a currency for gear instead of stygia.

Or just buff loot a bit across the board. Seems like the simplest, cleanest solution. Then again, how do you buff m+ loot without going to bfa levels of loot, when the difference is 1 item per dungeon. Vendor feels nice, however I don't think it is required. I guess what I am trying to say is that there isn't an easy solution, but I am just rambling at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    9/10 times a higher ilvl is an upgrade even with shitty secondary stats. Sucks you arent getting great pieces but any item you get there will be replaced anyway unless it's a 226/233.

Last week was a really badly itemized shoulders but was still happy to get it because it was an ilvl upgrade. Until I'm consistently doing +14s, I treat this gear as a stepping stone.

Still better than the chest used to be
    your logic is flawed, while it may be an upgrade, by how much? for example im 2.4k rated, so all the armor pieces are 226 and weapons are 233 in my vault. I have done 3+ Mythic bosses, and did 4 M+ 14 or higher. that means I had 6 Ilvl 226 items to choose from, yet I had a Vers / mast cloak from Raid, a Vers/haste cloak from M + and a Vers/mast cloak from PVP who are a Minor upg for pvp 213 identical item upgraded to 226. but a 1% dps Loss on Single target, and 4% Aoe, because all my gear is from pvp already (I have 1 Heroic raid item equipped, gotten nothing else) which means i have 1250 Versatility already, meaning Ive already hit the 10% dr, and close to the 20%. I dont dislike vers, but I dont like it that mutch

thats 3 items removed out of 6 that are ilvl 226 or 233.

then I got Haste / vers ring and Pants, the worst stat combination for my specc, while it is indeed an upgrade it would be a mistake to pick a vers/haste pvp ring, as Im able to buy the crit/vers one which is better, for conquest, making it an extremely short lived temporary upgrade at best. next I got the pvp helmet I already have (also with the wrong stats, Vers/haste)

So i ended up having to pick vers/mastery shoulders 226 where i already had 226 PVP shoulders. this was a DPS downgrade in PVP, but a very, very minor upgrade in pvp.

similar shit happened last week. and the week before. I have replaced both of those items with Conquest Point items since. so in 3 weeks Im currently sitting with 0 pve upgrades, and possibly the smallest upgrade I can imagine to PVP on a single item.

The duplicates are real, meanwhile my partners get 233 2-handers week 2, feelsgoodman.

EDIT** Just opened it on my alt, got 3 items, all 3 were duplicates of items I already had at the same Ilvl I already had them
    Last edited by Tumile; 2021-01-06 at 10:23 AM.

That's really bad luck for you but i also have to disagree, it's a clear improvement over the one random item from the chest in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I don't get your probelm... so you got 5 choices of upgrades... for free!!! buuuuuttt.... you don't like them?
    Cache is fine. AND the amount of coincidence that you got 5!!! pieces of dungeon and raid loot you allready wear, the exact same, is so extraordinaryly unlikly i wonder why you did not put a screenshot up.
    Vault is as fine as being able to ground mount at 151% speed instead of 150% would be fine.

It’s better than before (for ppl who play at least 3 hours a day) but the step has been made from plain horrible to moderately horrible.

I think this image and the fact some ppl got 233 weapons week 1 sum up my feelings about the great vault pretty well
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2021-01-06 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    TL;DR: I don't get BiS Items every week and am a whiny person.
    You won't get more than 1-3 for entire season, let alone full gear. And if you do, you should play lotteries. Math, do you know it? Probability calcs, ever heard of?

If we take just great vault as standalone system then yes it's better than just chest, but we don't unless we are susceptible to scam.
    People need to realize that in context of overall gearing system, GV doesn't save them from bad RNG. In fact, it does the complete opposite because of:
    1. Lack of any alternatives (badges, tf, coins, master loot), literally lack of any bad luck protection system
    2. Gigantic disparity between rewards from actual content vs vault rewards.

So all and all, GV is shit.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

It's about 9 times better than old weekly chest.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by LDancer View Post
    So I was open minded about the Great Vault being an interesting addition to the end of week rewards. It sounded like an interesting evolution to the weekly chest.

But now, 2 weeks running I’m thinking it’s either broken or just complete garbage.

2 weeks running, I’ve had 6 unlocks in the vault for 6 choices, and of those 6, 5 are just an ilvl upgrade of something I’m wearing that I want to replace, and 1 is some other piece of rando gear.

With having 12 choices the last 2 weeks, I think I’d have been lucky to have gotten 1 piece of gear with haste. But no, it’s all the same crappy crit gear I’m trying to replace with haste gear.

Anyone else noticing extraordinarily bad “luck” when it comes to the vault choices? What are the odd of it offering me 5 choices of the exact item I’ve already equipped if the selections were completely random?
    First ppl cried because they got duplicates in bfa, now they cry cuz they dont get the absolute bis. For ppl like you there will never be a system that will satisfy you. Apart from directly building an item with stats.

The great vault is one of the best additions this addon has brought. Sure RNG can fuck you but with that many choices its almost impossible to not get an upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite not getting the best gear from the vault, I really like their approach to fix a bad-luck chest. ...makes it all the more amusing when people cry about getting more options. Would you rather have a random chest instead of options? :P

Filled out all slots for gear, even PvP... and I got jack squat for upgrades... /yay

I like the great vault but hate how they nerfed raid loot because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    I like the great vault but hate how they nerfed raid loot because of it.
    That's the thing. In isolation, the Great Vault is a clear upgrade over the Legion/BfA chests. However, if you take everything else PvE related into consideration, it's become a much bigger part of gearing up, making the RNG sting hurt even more.

Last week I did 4/10M & 10/10HC. I got a cloak from Shriekwing on Mythic & an offspec shield token from Heroic. In the Great Vault, I got the same cloak

I also made sure I got 226/226/223 options from my chest. Two were in my legendary slot, although the other was a decent upgrade on a slot I've been pretty unlucky with.

So I should be happy, & in isolation, I am. However, now I'm gonna reclear 4/10 & 10/10, progress Artificer, likely get bugger all, and then be waiting like an idiot for my next dopamine hit next Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    your logic is flawed, while it may be an upgrade, by how much? for example im 2.4k rated, so all the armor pieces are 226 and weapons are 233 in my vault. I have done 3+ Mythic bosses, and did 4 M+ 14 or higher. that means I had 6 Ilvl 226 items to choose from, yet I had a Vers / mast cloak from Raid, a Vers/haste cloak from M + and a Vers/mast cloak from PVP who are a Minor upg for pvp 213 identical item upgraded to 226. but a 1% dps Loss on Single target, and 4% Aoe, because all my gear is from pvp already (I have 1 Heroic raid item equipped, gotten nothing else) which means i have 1250 Versatility already, meaning Ive already hit the 10% dr, and close to the 20%. I dont dislike vers, but I dont like it that mutch

thats 3 items removed out of 6 that are ilvl 226 or 233.

then I got Haste / vers ring and Pants, the worst stat combination for my specc, while it is indeed an upgrade it would be a mistake to pick a vers/haste pvp ring, as Im able to buy the crit/vers one which is better, for conquest, making it an extremely short lived temporary upgrade at best. next I got the pvp helmet I already have (also with the wrong stats, Vers/haste)

So i ended up having to pick vers/mastery shoulders 226 where i already had 226 PVP shoulders. this was a DPS downgrade in PVP, but a very, very minor upgrade in pvp.

similar shit happened last week. and the week before. I have replaced both of those items with Conquest Point items since. so in 3 weeks Im currently sitting with 0 pve upgrades, and possibly the smallest upgrade I can imagine to PVP on a single item.

The duplicates are real, meanwhile my partners get 233 2-handers week 2, feelsgoodman.

EDIT** Just opened it on my alt, got 3 items, all 3 were duplicates of items I already had at the same Ilvl I already had them
    So you're rocking multiple 226/233 pieces. I would say keep getting those lol. You are the 1% that the great vault really isn't for.

Ehhh, so far giving me more loot than the 70 or so keys I ran last week. Was an ilvl upgrade that simmed at a 6% dps increase so I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    One of the belts had avoidance so its probably why It popped twice but Im not sure how it was even possible. Does each vault re-run the roll or is the vault combine all 32 items and then pops out 1-2 or 3 random items ?

I have a stack of old business cards. I should throw 32 into a bucket and see how many times I can randomly draw Belt/bracer
    i had 4 picks this week. 3 were helmets, and a pair of gloves
    sorta sucks since i picked a helmet last week from vault..
    not even funny. No terri stats or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Would have liked some sort of currency as well that drops from encounters and at the end you can target a piece. This week it felt like that it could have been better to get something other than an item from the great vault since for some reason, even with almost all the slots being upgradeable 20+ ilvls, I lowrolled and got a whole 3 ilvl upgrade on my options.
    Might not feel so bad if it wasn't so impossible to get upgrades with the low amount of rewards you get from m+. That and people leaving on the last f-ing boss because the time goes out. Raider.io should deduct points for quitters or at least have something to warn you of such badly behaved players.