Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    well i just check the vault options for all 4 my toons on my pala and shammy that i do just lfr and 2 m+s on i got a weap, my bear that i did lfr and 10 m+ on i got a wep and on my hunter main which i done 10 m+ and 8 on hc the best i got was a straight upgrade on the generals trink worth...30 dps...typical

Quote Originally Posted by Melkirth View Post
    Would have liked some sort of currency as well that drops from encounters and at the end you can target a piece. This week it felt like that it could have been better to get something other than an item from the great vault since for some reason, even with almost all the slots being upgradeable 20+ ilvls, I lowrolled and got a whole 3 ilvl upgrade on my options.
    Might not feel so bad if it wasn't so impossible to get upgrades with the low amount of rewards you get from m+. That and people leaving on the last f-ing boss because the time goes out. Raider.io should deduct points for quitters or at least have something to warn you of such badly behaved players.
    Yes, my biggest gripe with r.io is no indication of leavers. It would improve the addon so much for me. Loot from end of dungeon bosses is worthless anyway. You just want those 10 m+ completes, and they don't matter in-time or not... people act as if the loot from end of dungeon is some god-tier loot, it's garbage and might as well not drop at all. It's all about the weekly vault.

The problem with the vault I have is not actually about the vault itself, but with the absurd amount of cloaks and duds in general inside Mythic dungeons.
    I get it, we need different secondary stats on items... but in my opinion this should be done differently.. like how it was in MoP for example.

It's no fun when out of your 6 choices, 3 are cloaks.
    Cloaks have been even worse in BFA before the vault, so it's technically an upgrade compared to the old system, but it's still wrong in my opinion.

Especially now considering that M+15 can't titanforge anymore.
    It's really difficult to gear up with M+ alone unless you are very lucky. And you hit the spot where only the weekly chest is able to result in upgrades relatively quickly if you also raid... or play PvP.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-01-06 at 03:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    because 6 data points from OP prove anything in regard to the vaults actual or implied function?
    OP is not the only one playing, bro. We all are. We're on a forum, let's discuss the game from our own perspectives.

The "implied function" of the vault is that you get more options. But if multiple slots have identical pieces in them, guess what, that's NOT another option.

I remember reading in a dev interview that they were reducing loot to emulate classic loot levels, where endgame 40man raiding gives the average player maybe 1 piece every 2 weeks, assuming he raids every week and isn't being funneled loot. What the devs forgot in this calculation was that classic gear is more meaningful, which makes them more desirable. Some weapons, tiersets, and trinkets are bis for the whole expansion. In retail, gear is purely stat sticks now. No set bonues, no weapon procs. The only interesting items are trinkets now.

And yes the great vault is meant to compensate for the lower drop rates. Maybe if gear was interesting, there'd be less complaints here. Right now, the big issue is duplicates, or near-duplicates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Opened vault every week its been available on 2-3 characters and have always had an upgrade. Will not complain about the vault over the BFA weekly disenchant chest.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

People whine about everything,

Hell even if you were able to choose any item in the raid loot table you wouldn’t be satisfied

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    You need friends who play with you in order for the Great Vault to be an actual fun thing. Outside of that it's just chores.

"Okay, I do this many dungeons now, even though I would never do this many, just for the sake of vault"
    "Okay, now I grind this much extra honor, vault"
    "Okay, now I kill the same bosses again, just on a different difficulty now, the Vault silly"

If I'm not having fun doing the content in the first place, by myself, I'm not gonna wanna do more of it. I'll admit I don't have anyone to play with this xpac.
    But people saying this is better than BFA? Nah, it's the same, not better or worse. Same being: I still don't want to to the content, therefore the chest is meaningless lol.

My vote: remove the Vault because you can see it's now more a carrot on a stick than ever before.
    if your will is so weak you do things just bcs there is a slot in vault showing you CAN do more its not realy games fault...
    vault is there so if you have time and want to play more you get more options, thats a good thing and should not removed just bcs some people have brain of a monkey and do anything just bcs they see they can...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-01-06 at 03:52 PM.

yeah OP. having the opportunity to get 9 items to choose from instead of one...total garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    The "implied function" of the vault is that you get more options. But if multiple slots have identical pieces in them, guess what, that's NOT another option.
    well, thats not really truth... if i have among my options 3 cloaks with different stats i can choose the one thats best for my spec, or, in case i have legendary back for my main spec, the one with stats for my offspec... provided ofc i dont want anything else from other options

sure, it would be much better to not have same slot items, but lets not pretend it doesnt make more options...

I fill up the 3 Mythic+ things you need to do and apart from week 1 it worked out pretty OK so far.

Week 1 I had the choice between boots, other crappy boots, or crappy waist but last week I had a good neck upgrade and this week a huge weapon upgrade or a good trinket, I shudder to think if it was still old M+ chest and I had my third option in there this week, which are shitty gloves.

Ofc RNG is still gonna be RNG even if you also do the weekly raid and PvP requirements.
    Being able to pick from, let's say for example 6 Vault items, doesn't mean any of those 6 is gonna have 1 absolute BiS or amazing item in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mentioned pieces with haste on them, which makes me believe you are not looking just for upgrades, but for upgrades with extremely specific secondaries on them. I can already tell you that, with that approach (which is not entirely unreasonable), you will be disappointed every week.

Personally I usually unlock 2-3 slots, a combination between M+ and raiding (hate PvP). This week I got a 216 ring and, since my endgame is heroic, I can safely say I will keep it through the rest of the patch.

I agree it is frustrating to find absolutely nothing of interest. On week 2 I found a 200 cloak that got replaces 5 days later by a 207 cloak and that felt like wasted effort.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of the vault, giving a choice and all. But pretty much every vault contains identical items. Like 4 necklaces or 4 rings. It would be so much more enjoyable if each row of rewards can't offer the same item type twice, so it would be harder to see unwanted items.

Also, how has everyone's world boss drops been? I've done them every week on 3 alts and I haven't found a single piece of gear yet. In BFA I used to find one every week usually on one at least. Have they nerfed the drop rates?
    Last edited by Kuja; 2021-01-06 at 04:08 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Oh no my welfare gear is not as good as it could be!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Care to show us where Blizzard stated that The Vault's implicit purpose is to offset reduced gear drops? Its purpose has and always will be to provide more options for players who do more throughout the week. You taking that stated purpose and manipulating it to fit an argument for which it was never intended doesn't change anything.
    They did actually say that at some point. I will try to find a reference.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    OP is not the only one playing, bro. We all are. We're on a forum, let's discuss the game from our own perspectives.

I remember reading in a dev interview that they were reducing loot to emulate classic loot levels, where endgame 40man raiding gives the average player maybe 1 piece every 2 weeks, assuming he raids every week and isn't being funneled loot. What the devs forgot in this calculation was that classic gear is more meaningful, which makes them more desirable. Some weapons, tiersets, and trinkets are bis for the whole expansion. In retail, gear is purely stat sticks now. No set bonues, no weapon procs. The only interesting items are trinkets now.

And yes the great vault is meant to compensate for the lower drop rates. Maybe if gear was interesting, there'd be less complaints here. Right now, the big issue is duplicates, or near-duplicates.
    great, now we have 30 data points. and lots of rng happening, fuck it, I'm amazed of our group effort in dispelling the great vault mysteries.

people are just whiny bitches in general. give them an offering of 3 epic items and they will immediately start to critize the selection. or the item level. or the price of burgers in NYC. whatever.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

The game taunted me last week and this week so very hard I feel like Ion heard me cursing his name in PVP and decided to retaliate

Last week I got Heroic Bleakwing Assassin's Grips from my Great vault on my Demon Hunter and I was happy. Then I did my 5 timewalking dungeons - Oh cool...normal mode blackwing Assassin's grips... I'll disenchant those. I kill Sun King Normal (We were unlocking our shortcut) and... Bleakwing Assassin's grips... Ok I go do Heroic Sun King and.... Heroic Bleakwing Assassin's grips but these ones have leech so im not too upset at it.

THEN THIS WEEK I OPEN MY VAULT AND 2 OF THE 3 SLOTS ARE BLEAKWING ASSASSIN'S GRIPS AND I SWEAR TO GOD IM BEING MEMED ON BY ION! ION PLEASE STOP THIS IS HARASSMENT!!!

Its better in every single way. In bfa you had _1_ choice that was often not even a ilvl upgrade over what you had equipped. I have got my bis raid trinket from the weekly chest. How is that not better ?

Its like legendaries on Legion. There is nothing you can do to choose which slot you get, but its really important for your raid team to random a weapon. Its just annoying to see other people outperforming you cos they got lucky and from 1 weekly m+ got better reward then me running 10x 14+ for being able to choose some trash item...

Quote Originally Posted by Aureli View Post
    Its just annoying to see other people outperforming you cos they got lucky and from 1 weekly m+ got better reward then me running 10x 14+ for being able to choose some trash item...
    if people doing better bcs of luck is anoying you you play wrong genre...
    btw it was like that since vanila, so its not realy anything new...

Quote Originally Posted by LDancer View Post
    So I was open minded about the Great Vault being an interesting addition to the end of week rewards. It sounded like an interesting evolution to the weekly chest.

But now, 2 weeks running I’m thinking it’s either broken or just complete garbage.

2 weeks running, I’ve had 6 unlocks in the vault for 6 choices, and of those 6, 5 are just an ilvl upgrade of something I’m wearing that I want to replace, and 1 is some other piece of rando gear.

With having 12 choices the last 2 weeks, I think I’d have been lucky to have gotten 1 piece of gear with haste. But no, it’s all the same crappy crit gear I’m trying to replace with haste gear.

Anyone else noticing extraordinarily bad “luck” when it comes to the vault choices? What are the odd of it offering me 5 choices of the exact item I’ve already equipped if the selections were completely random?
    the chest is still RNG and ilvl main stat will still outweight secondaries due to stat weights. you may want haste, like i was haste mastery, but doesnt mean you'll get your prefered stat items all the time even in dungeons lol shit for warriors there isnt even a haste mastery piece for every slot! which wouldve been nice