Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Better than previous versions, but yeah rewards still too RNG, luckily I've been able to get "meh" upgrades from them.

Would be cool if M+ dungeons dropped some sorta currency we could reroll the chests with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    great, now we have 30 data points. and lots of rng happening, fuck it, I'm amazed of our group effort in dispelling the great vault mysteries.

people are just whiny bitches in general. give them an offering of 3 epic items and they will immediately start to critize the selection. or the item level. or the price of burgers in NYC. whatever.
    Look, if you can't handle discussion and different opinions, maybe the *forums* are not the place for you. You know, the place where we're *supposed* to make our thoughts known as a community?

Apparently, we need to be data scientists with server access to the WoW loot tables before we're allowed to discuss the great vault.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    They did actually say that at some point. I will try to find a reference.
    You're likely referring to this Blue post. I'll highlight the important part:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Bonus rolls no longer exist, and the Great Vault captures the value they used to provide to raiders. Non-raiders should also factor in the Great Vault, as completing a Mythic Keystone +15 will award a choice of up to three item-level 226 pieces from the Great Vault.
    To note, Blizzard is not saying that the GV is a replacement for loot scarcity but rather a tool that can be used to help offset some bad luck (as bonus rolls did in the past). Taking this one step further and demanding Blizzard provide all choices without any effort on behalf of the player (ie, not needing to complete extra content to have extra chances) kind of defeats the entire purpose of the tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well, thats not really truth... if i have among my options 3 cloaks with different stats i can choose the one thats best for my spec, or, in case i have legendary back for my main spec, the one with stats for my offspec... provided ofc i dont want anything else from other options

sure, it would be much better to not have same slot items, but lets not pretend it doesnt make more options...
    Yesterday I had 2 very different options for the glove slot: lvl200 pvp gloves or lvl210 m+ gloves. I took the 210 gloves, but it was an interesting choice because if were were to push my pvp rating, I could push the pvp gloves up. I don't plan on doing so, so that was a good choice. However, if the choice was between 2 necklaces with same ilvlv and nearly identical stats, that's not an interesting choice. All I want is to reduce the likelihood of the 2nd scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Look, if you can't handle discussion and different opinions, maybe the *forums* are not the place for you. You know, the place where we're *supposed* to make our thoughts known as a community?

Apparently, we need to be data scientists with server access to the WoW loot tables before we're allowed to discuss the great vault.
    no, but jumping to conclusions because 3 dimwits on the forums agree that they got offered trash in the vault this week is not exactly helpful anyway.
    i might take this discussion serious if there was more then an echo chamber of "not enough viable loot, blizzards new weekly fucked me over", thank you very much.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Yesterday I had 2 very different options for the glove slot: lvl200 pvp gloves or lvl210 m+ gloves. I took the 210 gloves, but it was an interesting choice because if were were to push my pvp rating, I could push the pvp gloves up. I don't plan on doing so, so that was a good choice. However, if the choice was between 2 necklaces with same ilvlv and nearly identical stats, that's not an interesting choice. All I want is to reduce the likelihood of the 2nd scenario.
    that chance is already incredibly small... althouhg it sure sucks to be the one who "win" against the odds, i think there are worse issues, both with great vault and outside of it

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    no, but jumping to conclusions because 3 dimwits on the forums agree that they got offered trash in the vault this week is not exactly helpful anyway.
    i might take this discussion serious if there was more then an echo chamber of "not enough viable loot, blizzards new weekly fucked me over", thank you very much.
    There is no jumping to conclusion. Pure math and probability. What other people got is irrelevant. Relevant is that there will be 15% people who will get upgrades 3 times in a row, as well as 15% people who won't get shit 3 weeks straight.

And the problem is: there is nothing to offset that.

Like i said multiple times, thinking GV is good because it offers you more choices is low iq take. You need to take into consideration other aspects of loot system.
    And one of the things is that loot disparity is too great. There is no TF so even if you wanted to grind like mad, it won't yield any results. GV loot is still be better.
    Drip fed weekly loot doesn't have any rng protection at all.

Two people doing exactly the same content can be 10 ilvl apart and it won't be even uncommon.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    if your will is so weak you do things just bcs there is a slot in vault showing you CAN do more its not realy games fault...
    vault is there so if you have time and want to play more you get more options, thats a good thing and should not removed just bcs some people have brain of a monkey and do anything just bcs they see they can...
    Will so weak? This is a bad argument. I'm paying 15$ sub either way. If I'm not getting my 15$ worth that's not weak will, that's just a bad product.

I want to play more, but I don't want to grind and that is something you obviously can't understand, none of you addicts can, because you will just arbitrarily grind for anything placed in front of you for any reason, so yeah, I can see how you would be delusional enough to think that people who don't want to arbitrarily grind for random rewards are "weak willed", that is just pathetic addict cope lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Will so weak? This is a bad argument. I'm paying 15$ sub either way. If I'm not getting my 15$ worth that's not weak will, that's just a bad product.

I want to play more, but I don't want to grind and that is something you obviously can't understand, none of you addicts can, because you will just arbitrarily grind for anything placed in front of you for any reason, so yeah, I can see how you would be delusional enough to think that people who don't want to arbitrarily grind for random rewards are "weak willed", that is just pathetic addict cope lmao.
    Nice to see you've upgraded your argument from, "I don't like it therefore it should be removed," to "I don't like it therefore it should be removed and anybody who disagrees with me is AN ADDICT!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Nice to see you've upgraded your argument from, "I don't like it therefore it should be removed," to "I don't like it therefore it should be removed and anybody who disagrees with me is AN ADDICT!!!!!!"
    And what exactly is your argument? At least he has some, for him game doesn't bring enough enjoyment to justify cost.

You know, picking up some random arguments while ignoring every other properly formulated doesn't make you win in conversations.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I like the system a lot. Choice is good.

I got a 220 wep on the first week of season 1 lol.

Getting one item from a choice of up to 9 is far better than getting up to 1-2 items per week (like in legion and bfa) or none (pre-legion).

This is literally a thread about you whining that you had bad rng and that's it. Like srsly, maybe WoW just isn't for you, considering that loot has virtually always been primarily acquired through rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Aureli View Post
    Its like legendaries on Legion. There is nothing you can do to choose which slot you get, but its really important for your raid team to random a weapon. Its just annoying to see other people outperforming you cos they got lucky and from 1 weekly m+ got better reward then me running 10x 14+ for being able to choose some trash item...
    Been like that since forever. RNG is RNG and lucky drops play a big factor early in progression.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Getting one item from a choice of up to 9 is far better than getting up to 1-2 items per week (like in legion and bfa) or none (pre-legion).

This is literally a thread about you whining that you had bad rng and that's it. Like srsly, maybe WoW just isn't for you, considering that loot has virtually always been primarily acquired through rng.
    I still can't wrap my head around why people ignore all other decisions and say "choice is good", is it so easy to get scammed now?

Like saying its a good thing because you got a $100 raise in job...

While ignoring that free daily meals are gone
    Office was moved few km away so you have to travel longer
    paid bonuses are totally gone, that alone could be way higher than 100.
    daily break was reduced from 45 minutes to 15.

So it's not good if we consider all the things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Been like that since forever. RNG is RNG and lucky drops play a big factor early in progression.
    No? You had master loot and/or TF, bonus rolls, badges. Literally in entire wow history RNG didn't have so much too say about you gear than now.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    And what exactly is your argument? At least he has some, for him game doesn't bring enough enjoyment to justify cost.

You know, picking up some random arguments while ignoring every other properly formulated doesn't make you win in conversations.
    What the fuck are you even talking about, dude? You can point out the flaw in somebody else's reasoning without creating an argument of your own. I'm not trying to "win" anything.

What the fuck are you even talking about, dude? You can point out the flaw in somebody else's reasoning without creating an argument of your own. I'm not trying to "win" anything.
    But you haven't. Thats the thing. You simply said that for you its worth the money, elaborate way.

Hes argument was pretty clear, perhaps you didn't understand it?
    If so, let me translate it: He doesn't want to grind arbitrary shit for completely random reward. That may end up not being even a reward in the end.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

But you haven't. Thats the thing. You simply said that for you its worth the money, elaborate way.

Hes argument was pretty clear, perhaps you didn't understand it?
    If so, let me translate it: He doesn't want to grind arbitrary shit for completely random reward. That may end up not being even a reward in the end.
    ???????????

You really need to step up your reading comprehension skills because I did not say this at any point in this thread. I disagree with what I view as non-arguments with bullshit reasoning like, "I don't like this system therefore it should be removed" but I never said it was better or worse than my position.

???????????

You really need to step up your reading comprehension skills because I did not say this at any point in this thread. I disagree with what I view as non-arguments with bullshit reasoning like, "I don't like this system therefore it should be removed" but I never said it was better or worse than my position.
    It's clear that you didn't even read his posts dude.

1st one: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52923909

his complaints explained:
    1. Pugging is not enjoyable experience - perfectly valid complaint
    2. GV feels like checklist not like playing game and being rewarded - perfectly valid complaint
    3. Missed one boss on heroic? Have to kill one boss on normal to get 3rd option unlocked - perfectly valid complaint

So if you simplified all his valid complaints to "i dont like it so it should be removed"
    Then its you who needs to step up with reading with comprehension.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Got a 220 Inscrutable Quantum Device last week.

Yeah, the Great Vault is awesome. Dependent on doing content, the more you do, the bigger chance you'll get a clear upgrade.

It's clear that you didn't even read his posts dude.

1st one: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52923909

his complaints explained:
    1. Pugging is not enjoyable experience - perfectly valid complaint
    2. GV feels like checklist not like playing game and being rewarded - perfectly valid complaint
    3. Missed one boss on heroic? Have to kill one boss on normal to get 3rd option unlocked - perfectly valid complaint

So if you simplified all his valid complaints to "i dont like it so it should be removed"
    Then its you who needs to step up with reading with comprehension.
    None of the complaints he provided have a God damned thing to do with the intended purpose of the GV which is exactly why I said what I did in the first place. And then when somebody rightfully called him out on this bullshit, his response was, "WELL IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU'RE TOO ADDICTED TO UNDERSTAND ME!!!" This is also not a valid complaint nor is it a reasonable observation to make. With that said, would you kindly stop trying to defend somebody else's shitty position by implying I said something I didn't and actually, I don't know, have something meaningful to contribute to the conversation?