Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Instead of having a possibility to get upgrades running instances I'm now stuck with completing 10+ keys every week and pray to the RNG gods that I get at least one decent option in the vault (which, by the way, has happened only once from the last 3 weeks). An abomination of a system. I'd have a singular option every reset + titanforge back any day of the week. Because currently is probably the worst state of gearing the game has had since M+ was introduced. After you've hit 210s across the board there's fuck all to do except this unless you raid.

A lot of us players either can't adhere to prime raiding hours (RL commitments) or just don't enjoy raiding (too many people) at all, but still play this game a lot and the M+ game has become significantly worse to us with Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    That is an opinion your allowed to have.
    Myself and many others disagree and seemingly the WoW developers do aswell, because its gone now.
    the only reason its gone is because of few insluential streamers whined about it 24/7 and made blizzard bad PR

now they have bad PR because milions of people are leaving SL because they have nothing to do.

its exact repeat of WoD fiasco.

Ion should get fired for making officialy worse expansion in history of wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    eh.... what?
    blizzard reducing drop chances was bcs of titanforging removal, it wasnt not good drop chances OR vault, loot chance wouldnt be higher if the chest remained as it was in BFA...

- - - Updated - - -

sure it was, getting item of mythic raid quality from world q is a HUGE problem...
    if they capped the titanforge (so normal raid loot can only titanforge to hc raid quality and so on) it would be fine, but as it was it was rly stupid...

- - - Updated - - -

with titanforging you could keep going even though you get the loot as there was a chance for upgrade
    without it you would get decked in full bis gear in a week and had nothing to do for the rest of patch if they didnt reduce the loot...

- - - Updated - - -

we do, they explained it at least hundred times in ddifferent interviews, you just obviously didnt pay attention...
    and this is exacly what people who whined about TF wanted gear to be

thats why removal of TF was always a bad idea. because now literaly nobody is happy besides people who dont even play retail only laugh while playing classic

those people were never interested in coming back to retail they just wanted to destroy game for others

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is miles better than what we had, regardless of your luck with RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    now they have bad PR because milions of people are leaving SL because they have nothing to do.
    Source: your ass

Don’t make claims that you cannot prove.

my only issue at the moment is that to have all 5 option's available to me currently at 8/10 hc is that i need to spend alot of time doing 10 m+ and considering that im still running wiht a lvl 20 weap feels kind of mandatory, imo 3rd m+ option should have been 7.... (i don't pvp i dont like it and i'm not good at it)

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and this is exacly what people who whined about TF wanted gear to be

thats why removal of TF was always a bad idea. because now literaly nobody is happy besides people who dont even play retail only laugh while playing classic

those people were never interested in coming back to retail they just wanted to destroy game for others
    i am happy and if you read the forums (this included) you will find out i am hardly alone
    then again, i didnt mind TF that much, if they capped it i would be happy

but no, people who are against TF didnt want to be decked in bis in a week, they wanted for gearing proces to have end, as with TF there is no end unless you are EXTREMELY lucky and get all piecers titanforged to the max, which was very unlikely
    now, if you get mythic BIS piece, you are done with that slot as nothing better can drop until next season...
    so yes, a lot of people who were against TF are now very happy indeed

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    my only issue at the moment is that to have all 5 option's available to me currently at 8/10 hc is that i need to spend alot of time doing 10 m+ and considering that im still running wiht a lvl 20 weap feels kind of mandatory, imo 3rd m+ option should have been 7.... (i don't pvp i dont like it and i'm not good at it)
    you can not do 10 M+? like ... if you don't want to do it then don't.
    That is the whole point of this system. You don't have to do more then you want.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had 3 weeks in a row where there was no upgrade in in it, due it offering me only choices against my legendary slot and my 213 slot (from the dungeon weekly quest thing not so long back). Couldn't use any of my 5-6 choices each week, due to this.

This last reset, I had a teeny, tiny upgrade in the form of my 213 slot, but with better secondary stats.

I completely agree with the OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    Instead of having a possibility to get upgrades running instances I'm now stuck with completing 10+ keys every week and pray to the RNG gods that I get at least one decent option in the vault (which, by the way, has happened only once from the last 3 weeks). An abomination of a system. I'd have a singular option every reset + titanforge back any day of the week. Because currently is probably the worst state of gearing the game has had since M+ was introduced. After you've hit 210s across the board there's fuck all to do except this unless you raid.

A lot of us players either can't adhere to prime raiding hours (RL commitments) or just don't enjoy raiding (too many people) at all, but still play this game a lot and the M+ game has become significantly worse to us with Shadowlands.
    I feel your pain. I have been cursed with absolutely horrendous luck, such that I have only just graduated from my mostly heroic dungeon gear this reset with the advent of the covenant *shudder* 'gear'. Per my first reply (above), this week was the first reset out of 4 where there was something I could use in my chest, and it was such a tiny upgrade that I can't really feel the benefit.

Like you say, I'd rather have my option of getting some WF/TF sidegrades back in a week, rather than 3 consecutive resets of "nothing for you, despite doing all the content you can".

It's been great for me, but I did find it comical that some folks received the same exact item across a line options. Working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
    I had 3 weeks in a row where there was no upgrade in in it, due it offering me only choices against my legendary slot and my 213 slot (from the dungeon weekly quest thing not so long back). Couldn't use any of my 5-6 choices each week, due to this.

This last reset, I had a teeny, tiny upgrade in the form of my 213 slot, but with better secondary stats.

I completely agree with the OP.
    So be thankful for the Great Vault because under the previously weekly chest system you would not be getting any upgrades for the next 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    Why are you surprised that you don't get that much gear if you don't do content? If you do only one of 3 possible paths, and don't even max that one out, it's expected that it will take you longer to gear up.
    Only 2/9 options so far were not duplicates, apparently that's not surprising?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    So be thankful for the Great Vault because under the previously weekly chest system you would not be getting any upgrades for the next 4 months.
    However, with the previous loot system, I stood a very good chance of getting something which would WF/TF and/or socket, coupled with a greater drop chance overall.

If the GV is to remain, then it needs to be changed so that it can only offer one item per gear slot when opened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not being in a guild i can't even use it so fuck the guildless i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I cant give you those numbers, cant be bothered right now to find out all the current top ilevel gear.

Maybe something around raid finder ilevel? Thats 187 atm I think? Or maybe normal raid gear level at 200. PS! Not sure about ilevel numbers.

The loot table for badges can be more or less the loot tables from dungeons or unique so people farm them for apperance to.

Its not needed to drop ALOT of badges everyday or every week, but something would be nice to gain from dungeon spams. The honor gear upgrade is rather nice and a good example. You start off with buying the blue gear and after getting enough honor, you can upgrade that gear to a certain ilevel. Makes doing random BGs worthwhile instead of just the one daily for 40 conquest.
    Honestly the "new" pvp system is probably what badges should ve like just for pve not pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Not being in a guild i can't even use it so fuck the guildless i guess.
    If you don't raid, Pvp or do M+, why should you get the gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Honestly the "new" pvp system is probably what badges should ve like just for pve not pvp
    Tbh I see no reason why they cant have something similar in PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Tbh I see no reason why they cant have something similar in PvE.
    Not like they didn’t before..when the game had it’s largest subscriber base in it’s history...almost like the game was designed better back then

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Not like they didn’t before..when the game had it’s largest subscriber base in it’s history...almost like the game was designed better back then
    Badge gear has always offered trash compared to actual good PVE gear.

If you think saving 90 badges for 2-3 slots of 213 gear will make gearing amazing in not sure what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ion did say that in an interview. Or at least implied it.

Either way, it makes sense. Less loot in M+ and raids, but better selection in weekly rewards. We just want the selection to be good. Pure RNG sucks, just look at Classic. There's bad luck protection in many of WoW's current systems, why not the vault as well?
    I remember a blue post back in BC where a dev discusses the "dubious honor" of having what he said disassembled, overanalyzed, and put back together into something entirely different and then sent back at him in the form of a "promise" Blizzard somehow owes the players.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Badge gear has always offered trash compared to actual good PVE gear.

If you think saving 90 badges for 2-3 slots of 213 gear will make gearing amazing in not sure what to tell you.
    It was a way to get at least entry level gear and still progress even if say unlucky or you just prefer to do simpler stuff..it made EVERYTHING rewarding