Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    > A lot of the time it isn't the core classes that affect PvP balance. It's an outlying item. These are done by an entirely different team and sometimes the PvP team doesn't always catch it until it's live.

what a blatant lie.
    it implies that:

1) there is an effort to nerf OP things for PvP before it goes live
    2) they don't always catch it before it goes live

if that was true, please give me 1 single example where this actually happened. i'll be waiting.
    this literally never happened, ever.
    therefore there is no effort whatsoever to nerf OP things for PvP before it goes live, and therefore they never catch it.
    Nobody who posts on MMOC does arena beyond 1500 rating so they’re not going to listen to them about pvp, that’s for sure

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    The modern game has so many different ways to gear up, and the challenge for the team is that they want all of these sources to feel rewarding

Fuck off. I have killed 42 raid bosses this far. 3 full clears on normal + some heroic. equaling up to 42 bosses. I have got 5 items, where 2 of those items where duplicates, Stone legion cloak and hungering destroyer mail chest ive got twice. So i have got a total of 3 items in 42 bosses. GREAT system.

Just copy paste the pvp system onto pve. Rename honor to justice points and conquest to valor points. have a weekly cap on valor points and let us farm dungeons/raids/torghast for justice and our weekly raid and everyone would be happy AF
    Yea what is the point of this silly lottery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    "we feel that we didn't get things right in the expansion that just ended, but we feel that we did get things just right in the current one"
    Is it just me or does it sum up basically every Blizzard interview for the past 15 years ? Don't they seem to contradict themselves each time ?
    It's a cup-out for fans and journalists as they don't want to upset or blame anyone - like that's possible.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Yeah, remember us telling you that if you wanted us to do ALL of the content in the game you should allow us to be able to do so without being at a significant disadvantage? This is why. It's the same mistake you made in BFA with Essences. You're making it all over again with an even more fundamental aspect of the game - Gear.

You guys split the content out between M+, PvP, and Raiding in the vault, with the CLEAR intent that you can play your intended mode of progress and pick your covenant for that, and be just fine.

Clearly, that's not the case. Want to retain your spot on that M+ team or raid roster? Better be doing arena nonstop even if you hate the competitive aspect of it and never wanted to do PvP? Tough. Get in there and get farmed by druids and hunters because that's the only upgrades you're getting. And it's most certainly not a question for the PLAYERS to answer. It's your development direction, it's yours to answer for.

This guy is an absolute doofus. Once again - They feel they've done a bang-up job, without even listening to a single one of the complaints (Some of which are VERY valid).

- - - Updated - - -

They'll then proceed to add those "Point" systems into every single aspect of the game including WQ's and then complain when players "get geared up too fast".

How about you reward people for their time. Doing PvP/M+/Raiding is an investment. Those players deserve to not have their time wasted. They need gear to progress, folks. That's how the game works. You need X gear to reach Y damage to kill Z monster. The current system is going to lock a HUGE majority of the playerbase out of even SEEING Mythic past the first 2-3 bosses this tier. You shouldn't be encouraging guilds to gather only 95%+ percentile players to clear Mythic. This is exclusionary nonsense.
    And thats where the point system comes in. Only get the point from doing m+ and raiding. No wq and no adventure table .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    You'd be happy if bosses dropped 0 loot, only valor points, with a weekly cap that's not enough to buy items besides the few cheapest slots? You wouldn't get more than 3 items in 4 full clears with the PvP system, probably 2 if you wanted something like chest.
    No, i would be happy if we had the point system on the side of the regular system. As a bad luck protection and making the downtime between drops feel less shit

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    I am in one of the WF racer servers. They have bought insane amounts of BOEs (including mythic trash BOEs) and do armor stack splits during the race. They even have a dedicated player for this to whom you could whisper as soon as you get a BOE and recieve a price. Don't speak about things you know jack shit about.

You being a groupie on their server doesn't give you any sort of inside scoop on how they're gearing, we know they buy BOEs, the fact is that it's possible to get high item levels you're just not good at it

"Today, there has to be a consensus for a lot of changes in the game"
    I love the game, but loved it more when Blizzard would tell people how things were going to be - rather than listening to the loudest voices in the room.

is he playing the game game as the rest of us?

"Chris says the team wants the game experience to be enjoyable no matter who they are."

so NOT shadowlands then

Quote Originally Posted by jlrm365 View Post
    "Today, there has to be a consensus for a lot of changes in the game"
    I love the game, but loved it more when Blizzard would tell people how things were going to be - rather than listening to the loudest voices in the room.
    I think the point is more that a large portion of the dev team needs to agree on a change for it to happen, rather than one person saying "this is how we do it", it has little to do with the community.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-01-10 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    maybe.... just maybe....... you don't know about it because IT WAS CAUGHT BEFORE GOING LIVE?
    Do you think Samsung QA does never catch faults in their devices because they had few flawed models out? Or maybe you just don't know about the times they do?
    I mean your claim has no ground and is false. Go look at beta/ptr changes. "Never happened" lol.

- - - Updated - - -

WQs are not real choice but you can decide to raid, pvp or m+. Choice is there. It might suck but it's there. Saying there is no player choice is dishonest.
    you have some imaginary way in your head of how they nerf things for PvP, which is understandable since it's the only sensible way any reasonable person goes about it.
    but not bliz. they don't think through a way something ought to work in harmony with both pvp and pve, instead they make everything with pve in mind and completely disregarding pvp, and then later have to retroactively hotfix them ONLY IN PVP to do something else so balance isn't fucked up. these changes are always in patch notes, even if they were to be added during beta or PTR. but you know, this never happens. these pvp-only nerfs are always after patches are live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by relaxok View Post
    Nobody who posts on MMOC does arena beyond 1500 rating so they’re not going to listen to them about pvp, that’s for sure
    oh no no no PepeLaugh

Your article is great, I also often listen to radio on radiofrench.fr which is the leading website in France.

Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    "The trick is to make sure you learn from past challenges and designs that didn't work out, but not to go too far in the other direction."

After 16 years maybe time to start to do it ehh?
    Experience is that which lets one recognize a mistake when one makes it yet again.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"