Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    All of the end bosses (each 6 level chunk) are literally examples.

    You do trivial content to get to them, and then the bosses are 100x harder than anything you've touched before.

    It doesn't matter if you can 'get them down' because you are lucky enough to be able to tank or heal yourself - they are overtuned in comparison to the 5 floors leading up to them.

    It also doesn't help that 95% of the anima powers created are useless against the end boss, meaning there is little chance of having anything more than your normal dps against them at the end.
    Torghast is same as the magetower in Legion, instead of blaming themselves playing like shit they blame tuning. Some classes have it harder, but it's doable.
    Tell that to my mage. No real way to heal besides anima powers, but you can be smart about them. It's not like it's not possible to be fucked with RNG, but it's players choice to pick dmg over "your fire blast launches enemy into the air" which is insane boss cc.
    95% ?
    Well, if we are pulling numbers out of our assess... 95% players who can't kill the bosses are not planning to synergize their powers in the long run and just pick "this one looks cool" and then complain.

  2. #102
    Is layer one of the new place really killing people so bad. Even with just your 190 gear you get handed out this week it shouldn’t be too bad. I had almost 100 powers, even shit ones get rather nice the more you stack. I’ll try on a weak characters to see for sure but first stage shouldn’t be a wall..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Torghast is same as the magetower in Legion, instead of blaming themselves playing like shit they blame tuning. Some classes have it harder, but it's doable.
    Tell that to my mage. No real way to heal besides anima powers, but you can be smart about them. It's not like it's not possible to be fucked with RNG, but it's players choice to pick dmg over "your fire blast launches enemy into the air" which is insane boss cc.
    95% ?
    Well, if we are pulling numbers out of our assess... 95% players who can't kill the bosses are not planning to synergize their powers in the long run and just pick "this one looks cool" and then complain.
    Sorry no it is nothing like mage tower at all. I have no problem with it too but there is no comparison here.
    Mage tower could be done is shit gear if you had the time and skill, this not so much, it will be a gear check.

  3. #103
    This is kinda how Slay the Spire is supposed to work - either you've got the cards and artifacts to make a build that scales powerfully enough to defeat the boss, or you don't.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Is layer one of the new place really killing people so bad. Even with just your 190 gear you get handed out this week it shouldn’t be too bad. I had almost 100 powers, even shit ones get rather nice the more you stack. I’ll try on a weak characters to see for sure but first stage shouldn’t be a wall..

    - - - Updated - - -


    Sorry no it is nothing like mage tower at all. I have no problem with it too but there is no comparison here.
    Mage tower could be done is shit gear if you had the time and skill, this not so much, it will be a gear check.
    Endless is cosmetic rewards only.
    All classes can do it.
    Gear made it easier in MT, it makes it easier here.
    Players will blame everyone and everything before they blame themselves or their skill.
    Bad RNG still can happen, but it's not 95% of the time. People need to unlock TG upgrades or their main.
    People go into high level torghast floors on their crap alts with no legendary items/conduits/soulbinds unlocked.

    I did TG lvl 8s on my severely undergeared frost mage because I had to make a point. It took 2-3 times longer than my main paladin (OP in TG) but I made it and while that is no evidence I just showed some of my fellow guild/friend mages that it is about player skill and choice rather than finding something to blame. Tuning is harsh for mages, but a lot of that can be mitigated by smart power choices even if you get shit ones as there is a choice. I knew that lvl8 is not designed for for 185 alts who have no legendary or even the conduits

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i used to joke they cut money from QA but honestly this expansion it's just becoming painfully obvious they actually did.
    Working in software engineering now for nearly a decade it is painfully obvious that no one splashes out on QA any more
    RETH

  6. #106
    The Patient Yuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah - the advice on how to do Synod on wowhead is .. "you can't solo him" ...
    I solo'd him today in Twisting Corridors
    Don't let min-maxers ruin Shadowlands for us! Rise up, fellow casuals!

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Working in software engineering now for nearly a decade it is painfully obvious that no one splashes out on QA any more
    Blizzard has had a private invite only feedback forum since around MoP. For MoP they actually actively used it.

    When the new dev team took over after MoP, they kept the forum but used it mostly to tell the people on it how wrong they are.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  8. #108
    I find Torghast to be super easy with the right Anima Powers, maybe you should do some research for your class / spec to see what's good or maybe your gear is a bit low.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    I solo'd him today in Twisting Corridors
    Same, he didn't even get a cast of with the stacking debuff before he died poor boi.

  10. #110
    "The bosses are toooo hard for me mimimimi, i cant pull my 3 min CD and they die instantly without me moving from time to time or using some of my defensives mimimimi, plox mr. blizzard shove every little challenge in this game up my lazy arse mimimimi"

    In the famous words of a bunch of toxic but good players around the world: l2p

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Blizzard has had a private invite only feedback forum since around MoP. For MoP they actually actively used it.

    When the new dev team took over after MoP, they kept the forum but used it mostly to tell the people on it how wrong they are.
    that's not even what i'm talking about.

    i'm talking about the basics like having to wait 15minutes for a quest npc to respawn or mobs for a quest barely spawning, only to see it in hotfixes a day or two later. There has been way way more of that kind of issue this time around.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Please provide literally any examples.
    I've yet to see a torghast boss (as bear, resto, or boomy) that has mechanics I don't have something in my toolkit to beat
    You also play a class that has some of the most insane powers and easiest time in Torghast.
    One of the mian issues with Shadowlands is that it's so unbalanced it's close to unplyable at times.

    Druids are a good example of that.

  13. #113
    My Warrior friend and I (mage, both 194) decimated layer 1 twisted corridors.. it was a joke. Reading all the crying about it, I was mindful to focus on a build to deal with "OP" bosses .. neither of us even dropped below 99% on the fight.

    I hope they don't listen to the outcry and nerf TC.. it's actually fun.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    In addition you completely missed the point - the trivial 5 floors leading up to an impossible boss means the tuning is off ... that's just logical.
    if trash is cleared by anyone, then the boss should be killable by anyone... where in the game has this logic ever held true, just because it's solo content doesn't make it any different than the past. Unless you think the rest of the game needs to change and mythic trash farm nathria groups should be capable of clearing Sire Denathrius Mythic.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    if trash is cleared by anyone, then the boss should be killable by anyone... where in the game has this logic ever held true, just because it's solo content doesn't make it any different than the past. Unless you think the rest of the game needs to change and mythic trash farm nathria groups should be capable of clearing Sire Denathrius Mythic.
    Wasnt aware that Sire was geared around clearing a raid group based exclusively on random chance.

    Thats more so the issue.

    Yes, Torghast can be super duper easy. If RNG works in your favor (and you're a spec thats good at it)

    If it doesnt you can hit impossible walls. Especcially in twisting corridor where mobs can do 40k+ with an auto attack.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  16. #116
    Legendary! Zelk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Blatantly lying only hurts your statement.
    ??? I'm not even lying though? THe bosses have entirely been a joke for me running as destruction.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    ??? I'm not even lying though? THe bosses have entirely been a joke for me running as destruction.
    There is literally no way you are killing a boss unless it's layer 1 in 5 seconds as destro.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    There is literally no way you are killing a boss unless it's layer 1 in 5 seconds as destro.
    Maybe not 5 seconds, but 20 seconds is totally doable. I ended my fight with ~120k dps on a 3m HP boss, which is about 25 seconds. And I'm sure you can do more with better powers.

    Yeah it's not 45m crit oneshots like some classes can do, but it's still a non-fight that's over before it begins.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    There is literally no way you are killing a boss unless it's layer 1 in 5 seconds as destro.
    dunno about destruction but demo is probably most broken spec for torghast. You just need to get a power that your felguard is stronger (more hp) with each floor at the beginning. But buff falls off if felguard dies.


    I've seen my friend do layer 8 twisting corridors as demo. Felguard was so ridiculously tanky that 18 floor 8 layer boss couldn't even scratch him.
    Boss Died to a single cast of quadripple tyrants and felguard auto attacks.
    Tyrant damage scales with other demons hp and you can summon 4 of them at once in torghast.
    His felguard had 2.2M hp

    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > SL > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Maybe not 5 seconds, but 20 seconds is totally doable. I ended my fight with ~120k dps on a 3m HP boss, which is about 25 seconds. And I'm sure you can do more with better powers.

    Yeah it's not 45m crit oneshots like some classes can do, but it's still a non-fight that's over before it begins.
    I mean that's the point, there are classes that can do 5 seconds, but there are many who cannot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •