Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I mean that's the point, there are classes that can do 5 seconds, but there are many who cannot.
    Your'e not wrong. But 5 or 25 doesn't really matter, neither is an actual fight.

Torghast tuning is just odd...
    At lower layers only bosses are a threat.
    The higher you go the more dangerous the trash will be to you, while bosses won't really scale that badly.
    At a certain level (in twisting corridors) this then turns around again with bosses becoming the actual threat again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Working in software engineering now for nearly a decade it is painfully obvious that no one splashes out on QA any more
    In my experience it's not really that they cut expenses on them. It's just that nobody wants to work in QA...
    or rather do the type of QA work required.

On one hand they are hard to get (due to it being an unfancy job) and on the other hand they always aim for more fancy departments, and if they don't get that they usually quit and get it elsewhere. Both cultimating in a very high turnover rate.
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2021-01-08 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If you have a tank and self heals of some kind - then you can get through it pretty easily.

For a mage - if you can't kite (which you can't on most of the last bosses) and you can't cc (which you can't on most of the last bosses), you have to tank - and that means a quick death indeed. The easiest of the last bosses for me (the blob that splits) is hard for melee - because I can CC it and attack at range.
    Yea it's pretty easy and just boring for tanks, warlocks with their personal tank, hunters with their personal tank. Don't forget plate dps with some self healing and my neighbour the shammy does ok in his mail with some self healing.

Sorry to the cloth wearing guildies, the priest when PWS is down and the mage who is not playing frost.

I totally understand your points
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Armchair devs always know what is best!

Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    Yea it's pretty easy and just boring for tanks, warlocks with their personal tank, hunters with their personal tank. Don't forget plate dps with some self healing and my neighbour the shammy does ok in his mail with some self healing.

Sorry to the cloth wearing guildies, the priest when PWS is down and the mage who is not playing frost.

I totally understand your points
    Fire is outright broken in Torghast in my experience... So far i've burn through all layers up to and including 7 with no boss taking longer than 20-25s....
    trashpacks are in general not an issues because there are ways to reduce your CD's crazy much.

People who complain about Torghast are self reporting themselves as bad players, there's no way you were offered 35 powers and none of them were useful, you either don't know what powers do or you're just not good at your own class

It's that simple, if you come on to forums to whine about bosses you aren't good at your class, if you can't beat a boss while doing 40k sustained dps at the end of twisting corridors with 70+ powers you're a bad player

Make excuses all you want, buy your boosts all you want, you're not good at this game

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That would be wonderful ... if I was ever offered them. Mostly I get exploding mawrats, AoE increase, trivial health increases etc etc.

Out of 35 power choices - I normally get offered 2 that are useful against the last boss, and I take them all.

If there was a menu of all the powers I could pick - then of course I'd get the last boss down, but there isn't and the chances of getting enough to kill it are close to zero.

- - - Updated - - -

That's just side effect of "This is essentially 3 Torghasts back to back to back. First difficulty is like layer 1, Second round is like layer 6, Third is harder than an 8." - describing layer 1 of endless.

Never agreed with you much on anything else but yeah i agree with you 100% here. Its either feast or famine when it comes to powers. Either you get powers to make you get OP as fuck or a ton of mawrat crap thats totally useless and keep getting them over and over and over and over...