Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i used to joke they cut money from QA but honestly this expansion it's just becoming painfully obvious they actually did.
    Working in software engineering now for nearly a decade it is painfully obvious that no one splashes out on QA any more
    RETH

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah - the advice on how to do Synod on wowhead is .. "you can't solo him" ...
    I solo'd him today in Twisting Corridors
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Working in software engineering now for nearly a decade it is painfully obvious that no one splashes out on QA any more
    Blizzard has had a private invite only feedback forum since around MoP. For MoP they actually actively used it.

When the new dev team took over after MoP, they kept the forum but used it mostly to tell the people on it how wrong they are.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I find Torghast to be super easy with the right Anima Powers, maybe you should do some research for your class / spec to see what's good or maybe your gear is a bit low.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    I solo'd him today in Twisting Corridors
    Same, he didn't even get a cast of with the stacking debuff before he died poor boi.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

"The bosses are toooo hard for me mimimimi, i cant pull my 3 min CD and they die instantly without me moving from time to time or using some of my defensives mimimimi, plox mr. blizzard shove every little challenge in this game up my lazy arse mimimimi"

In the famous words of a bunch of toxic but good players around the world: l2p

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Blizzard has had a private invite only feedback forum since around MoP. For MoP they actually actively used it.

When the new dev team took over after MoP, they kept the forum but used it mostly to tell the people on it how wrong they are.
    that's not even what i'm talking about.

i'm talking about the basics like having to wait 15minutes for a quest npc to respawn or mobs for a quest barely spawning, only to see it in hotfixes a day or two later. There has been way way more of that kind of issue this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Please provide literally any examples.
    I've yet to see a torghast boss (as bear, resto, or boomy) that has mechanics I don't have something in my toolkit to beat
    You also play a class that has some of the most insane powers and easiest time in Torghast.
    One of the mian issues with Shadowlands is that it's so unbalanced it's close to unplyable at times.

Druids are a good example of that.

My Warrior friend and I (mage, both 194) decimated layer 1 twisted corridors.. it was a joke. Reading all the crying about it, I was mindful to focus on a build to deal with "OP" bosses .. neither of us even dropped below 99% on the fight.

I hope they don't listen to the outcry and nerf TC.. it's actually fun.

In addition you completely missed the point - the trivial 5 floors leading up to an impossible boss means the tuning is off ... that's just logical.
    if trash is cleared by anyone, then the boss should be killable by anyone... where in the game has this logic ever held true, just because it's solo content doesn't make it any different than the past. Unless you think the rest of the game needs to change and mythic trash farm nathria groups should be capable of clearing Sire Denathrius Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    if trash is cleared by anyone, then the boss should be killable by anyone... where in the game has this logic ever held true, just because it's solo content doesn't make it any different than the past. Unless you think the rest of the game needs to change and mythic trash farm nathria groups should be capable of clearing Sire Denathrius Mythic.
    Wasnt aware that Sire was geared around clearing a raid group based exclusively on random chance.

Thats more so the issue.

Yes, Torghast can be super duper easy. If RNG works in your favor (and you're a spec thats good at it)

If it doesnt you can hit impossible walls. Especcially in twisting corridor where mobs can do 40k+ with an auto attack.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Blatantly lying only hurts your statement.
    ??? I'm not even lying though? THe bosses have entirely been a joke for me running as destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    ??? I'm not even lying though? THe bosses have entirely been a joke for me running as destruction.
    There is literally no way you are killing a boss unless it's layer 1 in 5 seconds as destro.

There is literally no way you are killing a boss unless it's layer 1 in 5 seconds as destro.
    Maybe not 5 seconds, but 20 seconds is totally doable. I ended my fight with ~120k dps on a 3m HP boss, which is about 25 seconds. And I'm sure you can do more with better powers.

Yeah it's not 45m crit oneshots like some classes can do, but it's still a non-fight that's over before it begins.

dunno about destruction but demo is probably most broken spec for torghast. You just need to get a power that your felguard is stronger (more hp) with each floor at the beginning. But buff falls off if felguard dies.

I've seen my friend do layer 8 twisting corridors as demo. Felguard was so ridiculously tanky that 18 floor 8 layer boss couldn't even scratch him.
    Boss Died to a single cast of quadripple tyrants and felguard auto attacks.
    Tyrant damage scales with other demons hp and you can summon 4 of them at once in torghast.
    His felguard had 2.2M hp

Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Maybe not 5 seconds, but 20 seconds is totally doable. I ended my fight with ~120k dps on a 3m HP boss, which is about 25 seconds. And I'm sure you can do more with better powers.

Yeah it's not 45m crit oneshots like some classes can do, but it's still a non-fight that's over before it begins.
    I mean that's the point, there are classes that can do 5 seconds, but there are many who cannot.

I mean that's the point, there are classes that can do 5 seconds, but there are many who cannot.
    Your'e not wrong. But 5 or 25 doesn't really matter, neither is an actual fight.

Torghast tuning is just odd...
    At lower layers only bosses are a threat.
    The higher you go the more dangerous the trash will be to you, while bosses won't really scale that badly.
    At a certain level (in twisting corridors) this then turns around again with bosses becoming the actual threat again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    In my experience it's not really that they cut expenses on them. It's just that nobody wants to work in QA...
    or rather do the type of QA work required.

On one hand they are hard to get (due to it being an unfancy job) and on the other hand they always aim for more fancy departments, and if they don't get that they usually quit and get it elsewhere. Both cultimating in a very high turnover rate.
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2021-01-08 at 06:34 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a tank and self heals of some kind - then you can get through it pretty easily.

For a mage - if you can't kite (which you can't on most of the last bosses) and you can't cc (which you can't on most of the last bosses), you have to tank - and that means a quick death indeed. The easiest of the last bosses for me (the blob that splits) is hard for melee - because I can CC it and attack at range.
    Yea it's pretty easy and just boring for tanks, warlocks with their personal tank, hunters with their personal tank. Don't forget plate dps with some self healing and my neighbour the shammy does ok in his mail with some self healing.

Sorry to the cloth wearing guildies, the priest when PWS is down and the mage who is not playing frost.

I totally understand your points
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    Yea it's pretty easy and just boring for tanks, warlocks with their personal tank, hunters with their personal tank. Don't forget plate dps with some self healing and my neighbour the shammy does ok in his mail with some self healing.

Sorry to the cloth wearing guildies, the priest when PWS is down and the mage who is not playing frost.

I totally understand your points
    Fire is outright broken in Torghast in my experience... So far i've burn through all layers up to and including 7 with no boss taking longer than 20-25s....
    trashpacks are in general not an issues because there are ways to reduce your CD's crazy much.
    Error 404 - Signature not found