Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    But it's completely rng based and offers no worthwhile rewards, that's the exact opposite of mage tower.
    Mage Tower gave you an artifact appearance.
    Twisting Corridors gives you a mount that works on the Maw.

Which is the 'worthwhile' reward?

I actually think Twisting Corridors is too easy, and agree on it being rng-based, but i have no problem with it, and the quality of the rewards. Sure love that mount on my alts.

People saying its too easy or too hard obviously didn't see much classes/specs in there.

Like there is a demo lock that becomes so powerful at some point that bosses should really start running away instead of engaging player. TC8 boss dying in sub 10 seconds, pet having 2.5M hp and so on.

And then there is a hunter that no matter what, always ends up with boring powers, however thanks to toolkit and stay-in-place-forever tar trap, no boss is really hard, just long and boring.

Warriors depends more on RNG and can sometimes fail run (well same things happens if picking wrong powers).

Or paladins that don't have any issues if they pick fairly good powers.

Got myself mount yesterday, never failed a run as hunter, but oh god it was boring as hell. I was jelly as fuck when i watched fire mage do it.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

My friend and I finished layer 8 yesterday and got our mounts! I think I need to take a break from Torghast for a while now though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Or paladins that don't have any issues if they pick fairly good powers.
    I just don't find the paladin powers very exciting, and at the top floors they are lacking for some bosses and elites. Being able to keep wings up for most of a floor, as long as you keep fighting is all very well, but when all the damaging powers are "X does Y% more damage" it's not that exciting.

I really don't get Bore-ghast or Snore-fest

What's the point once you get your leggos ?

Another thing, why bother giving us these amazing powers, if the mobs just scale up ? Why not just not give us powers and don't have the mobs scale up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post

Another thing, why bother giving us these amazing powers, if the mobs just scale up ? Why not just not give us powers and don't have the mobs scale up ?
    Without the scaling, powers would be useless... The entire point smis to give you powers so you can complete the other floors... What?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Nothing if you don't enjoy it and / or are a purely rewards focused player. Which is fine, if you don't like it and you're done with your legendaries don't do it.

This is an odd question considering its the same premise as the entire rest of the game. What are you gathering gear and legendaries and anything power related for?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I wouldn't touch Torghast with a 10 feet pole but my son was like "meh, gonna do it then", and he pugged 1-8 in... 3? days? on his DH. I'm guessing from this it is indeed easier in a group. Basically any group? Especially when it's fresh and everyone is noob.
    Wonder how season 2 will look like in tuning.
    Yeah being in a group can mitigate a lot of class based difficulties, that you otherwise have to overcome yourself.

Also, some classes more powerful CC, some have more powerful buffs, etc. If you combine all that, you will have easier time.

I wouldn't risk pugging corridors though, it's 1,5 - 2hours per run and pugs are notorious for leaving, raging, etc. Unless you're talking about regular Torghast, in which case that should definitely not be hard - neither for a group, nor for a solo player of at least 200 ilvl or so. Corridors - yeah, fine, that can get tricky, you can get bad rng and some classes have it harder. But if you're struggling with regular torghast layer 8 you simply need to improve your gameplay.

First of all, there's absolutely nothing wrong with being done with a piece of content.

Secondly..."getting your leggos" means different things for different people. Some people play multiple specs, or use different leggos for different circumstances as well. There are even some leggos which only work well for legacy farming (like multi-heroic leap warrior leggo).

As for the last thing....the crazy powers and mobs becoming more dangerous is where the fun is. If you just want to hit normal mobs without powers, go do some WQs maybe...
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-01-17 at 03:49 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did it for the mount.
    Soloed easily all 8 layers on my warrior, and then I had to do layer 1 again for the quest. So that's 162 floors in few days. I can say, I'm done with Torghast for a while now, lol.

I also made a video of layer 8. Only one death, which was my fault (I accidentaly jumped off a platform).

Last edited by Strawberry; 2021-01-17 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yeah being in a group can mitigate a lot of class based difficulties, that you otherwise have to overcome yourself.

Also, some classes more powerful CC, some have more powerful buffs, etc. If you combine all that, you will have easier time.

I wouldn't risk pugging corridors though, it's 1,5 - 2hours per run and pugs are notorious for leaving, raging, etc. Unless you're talking about regular Torghast, in which case that should definitely not be hard - neither for a group, nor for a solo player of at least 200 ilvl or so. Corridors - yeah, fine, that can get tricky, you can get bad rng and some classes have it harder. But if you're struggling with regular torghast layer 8 you simply need to improve your gameplay.
    No, I was talking about Twisting Corridors. My son started to pug it on day 1, and when the content is crispy fresh, people are more forgiving, also he said there were no leavers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Just finished layer 8 on my monk -199 ilvl. Only hard bits were last 3 floors.
    very informative given monk only has one spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

As for the last thing....the crazy powers and mobs becoming more dangerous is where the fun is. If you just want to hit normal mobs without powers, go do some WQs maybe...

what I mean is....When I usually do SnoreGhast I can actually feel the powers, I'm exploding stuff, burning floor bosses in 15 seconds

yet when I did twisting corridors... although I had 70 something anima powers and 3k intellect... the mobs and bosses weren't dying like I was super buffed, they seemed normal... they had like scaled health....so my question is... why even bother with the powers

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Finished layer 8 today as a fire mage 215ilvl. I did all layers on one go, didn't "lose" at all and only died once or twice through the whole 8x18 floors. I did have some Cauterize situations.

Mort'regar (the one with magic damage taken debuff + ghost mobs) was by far the most annoying, followed by Coldheart Interstitia (mob hp increase) because on the latter it was a little hard to collect mobs to aoe them down without the rare mist power that forces them to come closer to have them cast on you.

The most important power is the epic power of Mirror Images combined with the uncommon power that grants you more MI and the rare power that creates a MI when you blink. If you also have the epic power which gives you 5 charges of Shimmer when you blink over a Mawrat you can have an infinite army of images casting Greater Pyroblast. I didn't have the epic power appear on layer 8.

What I did have however was the Alter Time power. There is a rare and a common power. The rare stacks to 3 times and reduces the cds of all your spells during the AT window by 1/2/3 seconds. The common power increases your AT window. I managed to have AT last 1 minute (as much as its cooldown, so I had 100% uptime) by the end of layer 8 and every time I used a spell my cds were reduced by 3 seconds.

And of course Fire Juggler, which makes your fireblasts knockup all enemies, including bosses.

These powers make you spam fireblasts and all your other spells to the point where the boss will barely ever reach the floor and it will never ever cast a spell or melee you. If you have the smart mirror images they will deal 4m of a 5m hp boss, while your own spells will do 1m.

Notable Mentions:
    -Grisly Ice (nova doesnt break ever) + if you get the talent choice to get 2 novas it's gg
    - One uncommon power that deals damage on enemies every time you crit
    - Multiple Obleron increases, including HP
    - 10% Intellect per floor through spell sequence
    - Shield Increases including the epic power that copies the triple shield legendary.

You go into a pack, open AT combustion burn them all down as much as you can, keep going to next rooms while AT is still up and by the time it finishes combustion will be up again.

I had all Venari Torghast upgrades except for one concerning mawrats and one that turns 100 Phantasma or so into a random stat.

I just failed my layer 8 TC run on floor 17. The previous layers were more or less a cakewalk for me as a mage but this time the RNG screwed me over tremendously. I had a good start early on but my luck eventually dried up which didn't become evident until about halfway through but by that point the sunken cost fallacy had already made me determined to try and push through. I was in there for nearly 4½ hours. My previous runs were usually between 1½-3 hours at most.

I don't think I've ever been as frustrated with content design/balance as I am with this. The way RNG completely determines how long it's going to take and whether you'll even be able to complete it at all makes it impossible to gauge just how much of a time commitment it's going to be.