Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Do you hear the voices too?

You guys alrdy posted better ones but I dig this song a lot:

Death magnetic was really the only album that came out when I was growing up. Other than the main ones, never played through an older album in entirety. I think I have my car music laid out now.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    So many good ones, hard to pick.

I have seen Metallica about 8 times through the decades, going back to their early days. So I have a few stories. Just one, saw them open for Ozzy in around 86 for the first time, Master of Puppets had just dropped. Cliff Burton died 2 weeks after I saw them. My buddy and I liked them but they were pretty unknown still at the time in my part of the country. So when they played it was just a spray painted bedsheet backdrop with some crosses. The arena left the lights on while Metallica played, that's how unknown they were. Most of the rest of the crowd was ignoring them playing while filtering into the arena for Ozzy (or smoking getting ready for him). So James got mad and started throwing beers at the crowd.

It was quite a different scene from later huge budget shows where they headlined. As a side-note I've been to many many concerts in my day, and without a doubt Metallica in their prime surprisingly had more topless ladies flashing than any other show I've ever been to.
    Last edited by Biglog; 2021-01-06 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything off Master of Puppets.

Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I must be the only freak who loves "Low man's lyric"

Depending on my mood of the day, Fade To Black, One, Unforgiven, Until It Sleeps, Spit Out The Bone, any of those could be my favorite.

5+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of Black Album posts here makes me ill.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Sweet Home Alabama!

I would say Fuel.
    I always blast it when we go to a karaoke bar here in Japan. Japanese folks enjoy it. Turkish guy shouting his lungs out singing from Metallica. nobody has an idea of what I say lmao.

WHat I love about Metallica is how their music changed through the years. I cannot imagine them singing Jump in the fire from their first album now.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Four Horsemen for me but they have many goodens'
    -K

"Ride the Lightning" perfect front to back. Genre and artist defining without question.

Disposable Heroes or Phantom Lord

Creeping Death, The Four Horsemen, Seek and Destroy, Master of Puppet, Enter Sandman

the albums ride the lightning and master of puppets. no one song is my favorite. i just really love them all, but these two albums are metal bliss.

The fact this is Cliff on bass.

Pretty hard to pick just one. Nothing Else Matters, Call of Ktulu, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, Sanitarium, Seek and Destroy, they have so many great songs to their name.

Think I'll pick Ride the Lightning just because the album is go freaking good.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Same thing I was going to say. Creeping Death is the first song that pops into my head if I have to choose a favorite.
    "Creeping Death" is actually my favorite too. It's just not as important as "Ride the Lighting". Everything after "Ride the Lightning" is trying to be Ride the Lightning, basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Memory Remains

Anything from either Load or ReLoad is pretty damned great. Its all got a unique sound that's almost like Alice in Chains on speed.