Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My choice will always be Bleeding Me. It has always resonated with me and is my go-to jam. "This thorn in my side is from the tree I've planted" is a painfully accurate quote for my life. It's chunky levels of heavy with awesome melody and the solo is one of my favorites. It helps that Load was the first album (cassette!) I ever owned. Also, S&M nailed its version. (my mom almost wouldn't buy it for me because of the song Ain't My Bitch and she didn't believe me when I said they don't swear in any of their songs.)
    Last edited by Jagernot; 2021-01-07 at 02:26 AM.

The intro to Blackened is their best "song" but it was never turned into an official song on its own. Many people have taken it and turned it into one hour loops, forwards and backwards, etc. It was so haunting and creepy. Sends chills up your spine when you hear it the first time.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Lots of good choices mentioned so far. I’m going to throw this one in the mix.
    Last edited by Nevardcire; 2021-01-07 at 02:37 AM.

Enter Sandman is my choice

No one mentioned Battery? Am sad.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Orion simply because the bass part from Cliff is amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    In their old shows they always did an a great opening with "The Ecstasy of Gold" and "Blackened".

Still one of the best shows of my life.

Government Affiliated Snark

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hero of the day
    Turn the page
    I also really like their version of Whiskey in a Jar

acknowledgements to unforgiven, unforgiven II, nothing else matters, One, and...many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

So there is quite the selection of the glorious old stuff here already. I am, however, slightly confused that no one mentioned this absolute masterpiece of a song, which i can not post here 'cause reasons. maybe someone else will do me the favor:

Outlaw Torn in the s&m2 - version. Pure gold. That whole album actually. Honorable mention goes to Halo On Fire from the same show.

Puppets is the best album.

Master of Puppets, Welcome Home (Sanitarium) and Orion are my picks there. Really tough to pick just one song because Lightning and Justice are pretty loaded too.

....now I'll be listening to Metallica all day.
    Last edited by SirReal; 2021-01-07 at 04:16 PM.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

For whom the bell tolls. Fade to black being a clear second.

After that, it starts to be more of an overlap. Not much of a fan of post-Cliff Burton Metallica. I am big into bassists, and to me, it never felt like other bass players really got a fair shot. Understandably, but a shame nonetheless.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sanitarium. Hands down best Metallica song.
    Now That We're Dead off hardwired is one of my favorite newer songs.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apart from the classic songs like Master of Puppets, Battery, Fuel, The Memory Remains... the more recent songs like That Was Just Your Life, Cyanide, Hardwired and Moth Into Flame are songs I still listen to very often.

One and/or Enter Sandman

Here would be my picks for top song. I have seen them live twice and plan on seeing them as many times as I can before they stop.

Master of Puppets
    Fade to Black
    Four Horsemen
    Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    Creeping Death(Especially live)
    One

Unforgiven 3
    Fade to Black
    Nothing Else Matters

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one i like from them is ''Nothing Else Matters'', hopefully i enjoy it quite a lot.

If i had to pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Until It Sleeps

I really liked most of that album.