Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Who knows if this is real or not? There’s definitely enough circumstantial evidence to make people suspect some sliver of truth in it.
    I never got into Hearthstone, but I played Overwatch from when it started until I finally gave it up for good about 4 months ago. Judging from the matchmaking in that game I can definitely add my 2 cents that I believe in some of the match making shenanigans. After climbing so high on a win streak, I definitely would start to notice a change in ability from the players I played against and with. It seemed like suddenly I would be placed with teammates on a losing streak, or the dreaded thrower, while my opponents suddenly seemed to start playing like Masters. Then the reverse would happen, where I would lose so many and then I would get the opposite of what I described, with games where my team wouldn’t even let the enemy out of their base. Obviously I can not prove this was happening, it definitely just seemed odd that out of all the seasons I played this was a recurring theme in my games. Blizzard has even stated that they have certain ways to determine matchmaking in Overwatch, so I wouldn’t be surprised if their other games also have this.
    Look at WoW. In rated BGs you start at zero rating. After your team wins 2-4 games in a row your rating is around 700 and you’re facing teams rated 1400-1800. That’s not putting you against same skilled teams players, that’s forcing you into your place.
    Blizzard won’t even tell people how the system works.

It’s situations like these that give some credit to people’s theories about skewed match making and rigged systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    There was literally a patent that Activision created for their games a few years back for a system designed to matchmake players against premium accounts to directly influence their purchasing decisions.

It worked like this:

Player A doesn't have gun x, player B, D, and F do.

Player A will never see players C and E until they either 1: Play through players B,D and F. or 2: Buy gun X from the store, which then makes them a part of the priority queue to direct counter players C and E.

Its fucking evil as shit, and honestly from what people are describing here, it sounds exactly like it.
    stupid from me i never connected activision with blizz doing that no idea why, i know that ea do that since ages
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I just don't see the problem or understand how this is "rigged" and not just the way to do it?

A ranking and rating system is supposed to remove the luck of the draw and measure your skill.
    If you win a lot of games, the system is supposed to give you an enemy you start having trouble with. You are supposed to overcome that challenge. Usually, this involves measuring up against a player AND his deck, not just one part of it.

The way you guys portray it is weird however. Because the game wouldn't match you with a good player, it would only match you with a specific deck.
    When you win 10 games in a row, the game tries to find a good player since it has to be a challenge so that you might lose some games to get the perfect 50% score..
    At the same time however, that other player can't be on a 10 game winstreak himself AND have the correct counter-deck, because that would just give him the 11th win. Why would the system reward him but not you?

So in the end you are fighting enemies with a counter-deck that are on a losing streak and worse than you?
    That means you win games until you are put up against your counter, or you lose games until you get an enemy that you counter?
    And at that point you have to ask yourself... why would a system like that even be in place? Because that's just how it would've ended up like if there is no such system in place.
    It's funny how the conspiracies revolve around the idea of, "I'm too good for this to be happening! The game must be singling me out to keep me from doing so well!"

Especially in such a high-variance game like Hearthstone. They're surprised that their win streak ended? In Hearthstone? Where you might as well be flipping coins sometimes? No, it has to be Blizzard out to get them because they're so good. They might break the system with how good they are, Blizzard has to keep them under control.

Games shouldn't be designed to target 50% win rates, they should be designed to give you a 50% chance of winning in every match and it should be constantly trying to pinpoint your exact skill level in order to match you against the correct players of equal skill.

Anyone can make a garbage system that feeds you faceroll victories and crushing losses. That will get you to 50/50, but it doesn't feel anywhere near the same as if you had 10 games against people who were of equal skill and you came out with 5 losses and 5 wins.

I 100% see blizzard as going the easy route to break win-streaks by recognizing counter decks and feeding you those, though.

While I do share some sentiments here, I doubt it's rigged. The shit show that would be unleashed if it were somehow proven to be true would sink the game to the bottom of the mariana trench. I want to believe Blizz is smarter than that.

The question shouldn't be whether the system is rigged or not, the question should be what do Blizzard gain by keeping the exact matchmaking algorithms a secret and holding back information and why if there's nothing shady going on?

A good matchup system should totally open and described without leaving out any details. Imagine if the lottery draw was done behind a curtain or the world cup draw.

Complex algorithms, small indie company.

There's another thing with matchmaking even though it's not exactly rigging that's really scummy.

So basically you don't see the rank of your opponent until you hit legend and then for some reason you can see it. Last month I hit legend early and was just having fun, targeting secret mages with a counter deck and auto conceding to all other decks. My win rate plummeted since only maybe 1 out of 4 opponents were secret mages and I started facing silver and gold rank players mostly.

Like how is this fair to match a Legend player vs those? Also it got me thinking.. if you hit a milestone where you can't fall back from, would it help to concede like 100 matches and then only face easy opponents till the next milestone?

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Literally.

I am not sure that word means what you think it means.

Hilarious coincidence though.
    Literally, literally has both meanings. It can be used as a substitute for figuratively.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Literally, literally has both meanings. It can be used as a substitute for figuratively.
    Huh, looks like you're quite correct. Number 3 on dictionary.com, well not quite a substitute for figuratively but in line with ops original use, wild times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Huh, looks like you're quite correct. Number 3 on dictionary.com, well not quite a substitute for figuratively but in line with ops original use, wild times.
    Well, it's listed as Informal, which pretty much means that it's not the intended meaning of the word at all and is just listed as slang because people keep using it that way.

You would never actually use it that way in any serious capacity. It's still not the actual meaning of the word.

Lightbulb RNJebus

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i wish it was a joke....i havent been this mad from a video game in a long ass time
    A literal long ass or a figurative long ass?

Bad English jokes aside, I do agree the RNG in many aspects of hearthstone feels curated. We already know from user testing that in battlegrounds for instance, units are much more likely to attack the side of the board rather than the middle, this is one aspect of how cleaves are 'soft-nerfed' so they are a little less effective at winning you games. Seeing as that is the case, it is not strange to suspect them changing other aspects of RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    They are actually.

The matchmaking system tries to keep you at around 50% win rate so if you win too much, it's gonna match you against counters.
    It's really easy to prove too. Just play one deck ranked around 1000 times and see how many times you match VS your counter. Then look up how many players play that deck overall.
    Citation required.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Last two days - like 11% win rate.

Four games with zoo warlock - never even saw 0 mana 8/8s
    Four games with quest warlock - never even saw Ice Barrier secret, never discovered another freeze spell
    Six games with handbuff paladin - never even saw the I WIN card that gives windfury, never!
    Six games with secret paladin - never even saw the I WIN card that gives windfury, never! Four games - never even fucking saw the sword that plays secrets!

Okay, fuck it, time to play OTK demon hunter - I fucking shit you not, I get a quest warrior, who plays those gain 8 armor tradable cards!

This is all the proof I need that when you get on Blizzard's shitlist, they completely rig the game. I never ever saw anyone playing 8 armor gain spells, never ever, once I pick an OTK deck - there they are. After tons of games where I don't draw highest win rate on play cards Blizzard throws a quest warrior that gains armor against my OTK demon hunter deck.

Fuck you Blizzard...
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Real question, has Blizz ever claimed that card draws or battleground refreshes are actually random?

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Last two days - like 11% win rate.

Four games with zoo warlock - never even saw 0 mana 8/8s
    Four games with quest warlock - never even saw Ice Barrier secret, never discovered another freeze spell
    Six games with handbuff paladin - never even saw the I WIN card that gives windfury, never!
    Six games with secret paladin - never even saw the I WIN card that gives windfury, never! Four games - never even fucking saw the sword that plays secrets!

Okay, fuck it, time to play OTK demon hunter - I fucking shit you not, I get a quest warrior, who plays those gain 8 armor tradable cards!

This is all the proof I need that when you get on Blizzard's shitlist, they completely rig the game. I never ever saw anyone playing 8 armor gain spells, never ever, once I pick an OTK deck - there they are. After tons of games where I don't draw highest win rate on play cards Blizzard throws a quest warrior that gains armor against my OTK demon hunter deck.

Fuck you Blizzard...
    Coincidences happen, man.