Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The question shouldn't be whether the system is rigged or not, the question should be what do Blizzard gain by keeping the exact matchmaking algorithms a secret and holding back information and why if there's nothing shady going on?

A good matchup system should totally open and described without leaving out any details. Imagine if the lottery draw was done behind a curtain or the world cup draw.

Complex algorithms, small indie company.

There's another thing with matchmaking even though it's not exactly rigging that's really scummy.

So basically you don't see the rank of your opponent until you hit legend and then for some reason you can see it. Last month I hit legend early and was just having fun, targeting secret mages with a counter deck and auto conceding to all other decks. My win rate plummeted since only maybe 1 out of 4 opponents were secret mages and I started facing silver and gold rank players mostly.

Like how is this fair to match a Legend player vs those? Also it got me thinking.. if you hit a milestone where you can't fall back from, would it help to concede like 100 matches and then only face easy opponents till the next milestone?

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Literally.

I am not sure that word means what you think it means.

Hilarious coincidence though.
    Literally, literally has both meanings. It can be used as a substitute for figuratively.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Literally, literally has both meanings. It can be used as a substitute for figuratively.
    Huh, looks like you're quite correct. Number 3 on dictionary.com, well not quite a substitute for figuratively but in line with ops original use, wild times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Lightbulb RNJebus

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i wish it was a joke....i havent been this mad from a video game in a long ass time
    A literal long ass or a figurative long ass?

Bad English jokes aside, I do agree the RNG in many aspects of hearthstone feels curated. We already know from user testing that in battlegrounds for instance, units are much more likely to attack the side of the board rather than the middle, this is one aspect of how cleaves are 'soft-nerfed' so they are a little less effective at winning you games. Seeing as that is the case, it is not strange to suspect them changing other aspects of RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    They are actually.

The matchmaking system tries to keep you at around 50% win rate so if you win too much, it's gonna match you against counters.
    It's really easy to prove too. Just play one deck ranked around 1000 times and see how many times you match VS your counter. Then look up how many players play that deck overall.
    Citation required.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Last two days - like 11% win rate.

Four games with zoo warlock - never even saw 0 mana 8/8s
    Four games with quest warlock - never even saw Ice Barrier secret, never discovered another freeze spell
    Six games with handbuff paladin - never even saw the I WIN card that gives windfury, never!
    Six games with secret paladin - never even saw the I WIN card that gives windfury, never! Four games - never even fucking saw the sword that plays secrets!

Okay, fuck it, time to play OTK demon hunter - I fucking shit you not, I get a quest warrior, who plays those gain 8 armor tradable cards!

This is all the proof I need that when you get on Blizzard's shitlist, they completely rig the game. I never ever saw anyone playing 8 armor gain spells, never ever, once I pick an OTK deck - there they are. After tons of games where I don't draw highest win rate on play cards Blizzard throws a quest warrior that gains armor against my OTK demon hunter deck.

Fuck you Blizzard...
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Real question, has Blizz ever claimed that card draws or battleground refreshes are actually random?

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Last two days - like 11% win rate.

Four games with zoo warlock - never even saw 0 mana 8/8s
    Four games with quest warlock - never even saw Ice Barrier secret, never discovered another freeze spell
    Six games with handbuff paladin - never even saw the I WIN card that gives windfury, never!
    Six games with secret paladin - never even saw the I WIN card that gives windfury, never! Four games - never even fucking saw the sword that plays secrets!

Okay, fuck it, time to play OTK demon hunter - I fucking shit you not, I get a quest warrior, who plays those gain 8 armor tradable cards!

This is all the proof I need that when you get on Blizzard's shitlist, they completely rig the game. I never ever saw anyone playing 8 armor gain spells, never ever, once I pick an OTK deck - there they are. After tons of games where I don't draw highest win rate on play cards Blizzard throws a quest warrior that gains armor against my OTK demon hunter deck.

Fuck you Blizzard...
    Coincidences happen, man.

This shit is rigged to encourage players to buy more packs, easy money for a low effort game.

So, I've played kind of casually a few seasons. Every season, with this one deck, I progress fast, and hten I hit a wall at silver 5, and then just alternate one for one, with crushing defeats, and breezing through victories, both games rarely making it past like, turn 6.

So I decided, what the heck, one of these value packs looks fun, I'll buy it. I didn't change my deck, but it gave me some fun new cards and I like that. So I play with the same deck post purchase. I advance to Gold 10, and then the exact same thing happens.

I don't want to sound conspiratorial, but I think Blizzard's algorithm decides your rank based on how much money you've spent, and then once you reach it, tries to stop you from advancing farther.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I haven’t spent a dime in ages. I manage alright. It’s more about what you’re facing at those peaks than anything else. Sometimes you need a different deck strategy to progress further. I usually end up modifying my decks as I rank up to combat what’s giving me problems. Dump the cards I rarely find useful for stuff that helps address the reason I’m losing. Not enough healing? Add some. Always getting swarmed? Grab extra AoE. Etc. It’s pretty hard to go from bronze(or w/e) to Legendary with a single strategy/deck.
    Won't matter. I won't have the slight chance of competing against any deck, with any deck, for exactly half of my games once I reach my 'allowed' level.

Wrong. I have never hit a cap while playing for free in the last 2 years. Nice try though.
    Not wrong. Apparently you're just not sharp enough to fathom it.

Infracted - Discuss the point without insults.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2021-10-17 at 02:09 AM.

Fathom what? I don’t ever hit a point where I’m 50/50 unless my deck is weak. And then I address those weaknesses. It’s basic.
    There are no possible fixes whatsoever for my losses at my 'cap'. Most of them, my opponent gets a perfect hand, perfect draws, and wins by turn 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    There are no possible fixes whatsoever for my losses at my 'cap'. Most of them, my opponent gets a perfect hand, perfect draws, and wins by turn 5.
    Blizzard has to be gaming the system. There's just no other explanation.

If you think you know everything, you never learn anything. I have a buddy who's never spent a dime on Hearthstone and he climbs to Diamond every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Blizzard has to be gaming the system. There's just no other explanation.

If you think you know everything, you never learn anything. I have a buddy who's never spent a dime on Hearthstone and he climbs to Diamond every expansion.
    I've experimented enough with it. The game will also force 'wins' if I tank games to get me to exactly 50/50.

I've experimented enough with it. The game will also force 'wins' if I tank games to get me to exactly 50/50.
    Sure. You're absolutely right.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Sure. You're absolutely right.
    Just 'played' 10 games, consisting of me forfeiting on my first turn, and then the following game being my opponent disconnecting for a win.

Just 'played' 10 games, consisting of me forfeiting on my first turn, and then the following game being my opponent disconnecting for a win.
    I believe you.