Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    WTF?

The story ****IS**** the game. Everything else just assists in TELLING the story.
    That's so far from the truth, it can't possibly be any further away.
    I'd guess that >80% of players completely ignore the story or are playing DESPITE the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    How so? That's why there are multiple difficulties for people to progress through. I mean, why not say "If you haven't cleared mythic Denatrius by now then you need to find a different game to play".

So arrogant.
    It's literally the first layer of twisting corridors. You could be a trained monkey who only does LFR and succeed at layer 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    That's so far from the truth, it can't possibly be any further away.
    I'd guess that >80% of players completely ignore the story or are playing DESPITE the story.
    Couple of our raiders couldn't tell you the lore of warcraft if they tried. They haven't watched a cutscene in years.

you only have to do them once so i don't mind that they are longer.

assuming everything is tuned properly and there are no technical issues, so there aren't any "fun" surprises at the last couple of layers. apparently there are still a few caster bosses that pose quite the challenge for some specs, would suck to run into one of those on a 18 floor run.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    It's literally the first layer of twisting corridors. You could be a trained monkey who only does LFR and succeed at layer 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Couple of our raiders couldn't tell you the lore of warcraft if they tried. They haven't watched a cutscene in years.
    How unfortunate. I can't imagine bothering with an RPG if I wasn't going to P an R.

WTF?

The story ****IS**** the game. Everything else just assists in TELLING the story.
    Story isn't the game... Gameplay is the game. Story is just a coat of paint. Remove the story and you would still have a game. Remove the gameplay and you have a movie.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Pick the anima power that lets u see which enemy carries anima orbs, done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Story isn't the game... Gameplay is the game. Story is just a coat of paint. Remove the story and you would still have a game. Remove the gameplay and you have a movie.
    I would rather watch a movie than play a game with no story.

Sure, each to their own... but stories aren't the game. Gameplay is the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Sure, each to their own... but stories aren't the game. Gameplay is the game.
    You've made your personal opinion clear.

You've made your personal opinion clear.
    not sure what was supposed to be an opinion in what I said...

It does take a long time to get through this if you play it safe, how about a compromise? You can clear up to a floor boss, so that is every six floors give players the option to come back to that run later on. I really want to do this, but I don't have the time. Having the option to come back at my last floor boss defeat would help a lot. Make it like a raid lockout? So that the people that can blast through it can and those that can't or go slow can still do the damn thing. Lord knows I wouldn't mind doing one layer a week if I could break it up into sections.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

10+ Year Old Account
    But would you watch a movie that has no story?

Not all games or movies have stories, the same can be said that anyone who plays or watches doesn't have to be interested in whether or not it contains one. Some of the best story driven games have absolutely terrible gameplay, so it could argued why bother playing an awful game purely for the story when you can watch a play through someone has recorded.
    Last edited by Blaiz; 2021-01-07 at 08:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine playing a game where people tell you not to do something because there's no "player power" to be gained, lmaoooooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    its an optional challenge mode, dont sweat it
    its not a challange mode, some bosses are so SHIT tuned at floor 18 that its another prove that the f* at activsion dont play their own game anymore....

I wish it was more difficult rather than long.

So far it's been an absolute joke. Not even close to not being able to do it.

But it takes 1h+ per layer easily, and I'm just not into it enough to do it this long. If it was an actual challenge that'd be something else, but it's a complete pushover for so many classes it's just not enjoyable.

Why didn't they make actual skill-check bosses, rather than just target dummies with one interrupt check? We'll never know.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not too long, tbh.
    You don't have to do it all in one go, just do the first 6, get the item, leave, rinse and repeat two more times and the quest is over.

Also, and this may come as a shock to some people here, but it can be done in a group.
    This means it's not required to be solo'd, but rather you can join with up to 4 more people alongside you to finish it.
    A 5man group can clear it in an hour, maybe an hour and a half if you want to full clear each floor for whatever reason.
    If you can't solo it, group up, get it over with, then don't go back. /shrug

Does an actual good BM hunter/ nightfae build exist?

Serious question. Should I be running the entire thing in Eyes of the Beast? None of the anima powers feels at all impactful. I got called shit for it elsewhere, but I am really curious.

At OP: concur. Insane you can't save.

18 floors has too much trash to clear. It's really tedious. Reduce the trash mobs and tune a couple of the wacky bosses, and it will be fun finally.

How unfortunate. I can't imagine bothering with an RPG if I wasn't going to P an R.
    Blizzard's motto is "Gameplay first"...

OP must be smoking. Run takes ~45 - 50 min even on Layer 8.