Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearlof View Post
    Who forces you to do it? You have the whole expansion to do it? All u get it a fcking mount so you really care that much? Stop complaining and suck it up.

I think it’s fine, yes it is very long I completed the first 4 layers and it’s fine, I do it whenever I feel like it not like anyone is forcing you to do all 8 layers in one get go.
    Think it takes 1-1.5 hours each layer so far?
    Maw mount seems like a pretty decent incentive to do it especially if you're playing a less mobile class like Priest or something. I feel like it's semi mandatory to be doing this for the mount

Quote Originally Posted by DerekSQUADOV View Post
    Maw mount seems like a pretty decent incentive to do it especially if you're playing a less mobile class like Priest or something. I feel like it's semi mandatory to be doing this for the mount
    It's the only reason I did it. The mount being account wide is great, I did the SL intro quest in the maw riding the mount and felt like I was cheating. You 100 percent don't need it, just like you don't need flying, but it sure makes things go smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    .....its a challenge mode and you DO NOT have to do it! lol
    Not true, they make you do it at least once to continue the bolivar quest chain.

I think it took me a bit less than 2h on my Balance Druid and quite over 2h on my Priest (Also died on last floor on my priest, got oneshot repeadately lol). Granted, I had better mob density on my Druid, while on my Priest I had to pull 1 by 1 :S

I would like to see more powers added to the vendor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lac View Post
    Not true, they make you do it at least once to continue the bolivar quest chain.
    You can do the normal torghast.

It’s mostly easy, just tedious. Didn’t help that I fucked around on one floor and fell to my death a few times. There’s one spot where you have to grapple pillar to pillar. I spotted an anima orb with no obvious repelling point. Figured I could just jump down, using Heroic Leap if necessary, and grab it. Seems to not be workable and I died a few times.

I ended up failing that run because I was a dummy and over pulled a few times on 17. Next run I picked a few more defensive animas and it was smooth sailing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runstarr View Post
    Obvs troll...imagine being so bored
    Someone doesnt have the exact same opinion as me, must be a troll.

Ok then.

Quote Originally Posted by osmo View Post
    we cleared layer 1 and 2 in under 100mins as a 3men group

you are either undergeared , had bad powers or are just bad.

also if you have a life... dont play wow
    3 player is optimal easy mode though...

OT: there should be a way to "save" half way at least.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Story line tied to it. It is in no way completely optional.
    you can do floors 1-6 on first layer three times, which is piss easy...
    and btw, the story line itself is optional, there is no content locked behind it, you will get 1250 anima and thats about it, so if you dont want to do TC you really dont have to...

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maksymilian View Post
    Twisting Corridors SUX - I completed solo layer 1, didn’t die even once, had still 1400 phantasma (nothing to buy), but it took me 2.5 HOURS.

IS BLIZZARD INSANE?

If I end my work at 16:00, got to home at 17:00, eat and do something, I can start your TWISTING CORRIDORS at 20:00 and maybe - MAYBE - I will finish it at 22:30 and I will can go sleep then.

DON’T YOU HAVE A LIFE?!
    Yes, we already know that they have phones, but what about life?

This is the worst design I have ever seen.
    If I wanted to spend 2.5 hours IN ONE DUNGEON I would be playing WOW CLASSIC not a Shadowlands.

And we can’t even leave Torghast after - let me say - 6th floor, SAVE it (somehow) and finish it later.

No! You have to spend 2.5h with computer beating this boring easy SHIT

And remember - DON’T PEE - becuase in Torghast there are many random effects that can kill you if you will be AFK for 2 minutes.

Hey and what about DISCONNECT on 17th floor?
    Do you imagine that your Internet is offline for 30 minutes, Torghast kicks you out and you have to start it again?

ARE THEY SERIOUS?TWISTING CORRIDORS ARE TOO LONG
    So, there is a lot here that reflects you may not know a few things about torghast. I am no expert, but I have successfully figured out how to navigate torghast, including so far layer one of corridors successfully. So here are a few intending to be helpful comments (and yes, I did just register to write this as my only second post ever, and no I am not a troll lol):

Does it take a long time? Yes and no. It depends on what anima powers you get, whether you want to solo, and how you play torghast. When I am grouped up in a three person (with at least one who can throw some heals when needed), then we almost always win, *and* we don't have to clear every nook and cranny, so it is way faster. If you are taking 2.5 hours then you are getting unlucky, clearing everything, or playing solo, or a combination of all three. It just does not take that long, which doesn't mean you are doing something "wrong" or are a "bad player," but it does mean you can be more successful if you change your strategy and tactics. Like any dungeon or raid, you will do better if you get to know it better and what makes it go smoothly. Almost always, like dungeons and raids, there are mechanics to avoid, CCs to use, and rotations to optimize. But, as I said, playing solo relies solely on you and your luck and choices. Grouping spreads that around more successfully in my opinion.

Can you take a break? every floor and every broker: just stand at the zone-in/bubble and take all the time you want (as long as you do not AFK and disconnect; then again, I did and still logged back into to my run in Torghast, so perhaps there is a time limit before one is kicked from their run).

This is not the worst design I have ever seen, because like many we say that about something every expansion. Does it need to be balanced across classes/specs and retuned and even made a lot more fun than tedious? yep. Is that likely to happen? nope. So, get used to it and learn to be successful with it until you don't want to play that aspect of the game anymore. I intend to get my account-bound mount and legendaries for my main toons and call it a day. But, by then we'll probably be at the next expansion, so on we all go.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Well, it was always been the case that peasants have to walk while the mighty can ride horses. Bottom line is: TC is not meant to be cleared easily and Blizz does not want players to easily have access to a mount in the Maw. Deal with it.
    You're replying to the wrong guy on this. I'm already very close to getting the TC mount.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yes it is. The maw is just not playable without mounts.
    I've played through 40 levels of content without a mount, people can deal with the maw just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Story line tied to it. Therefore, not optional.
    Storyline only demands you to do the first layer, or 3x the first 6 floors of layer one.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Story line tied to it. Therefore, not optional.
    Oh hey remember when you needed to do the emerald nightmare and nighthold raids to complete the questlines in your campaign+ in suramar?
    And when the quest was available it was 5+ weeks away from it being available on lfr?

Yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

ilvl202 bear druid and I didn't have much issue through any of the 8 layers. No failed runs either.

Layer 8 gave me the first 2 fails... 1 was because of my own fault. Picked wrong powers and accidentally killed the broker :|.

2nd run I got the +15% dmg -5% hp each floor power and then proceeded to get no hp powers to counter the negative. Made everything at the end really dangerous because everything was a one shot. Also got the Coldheart Interstetia or what it's called, which have lots of jumping enemies. I tried taking it slow but in the end I didn't do it slow enough and died.

3rd run was fairly easy, finally got some HP, didn't become insanely overpowered. Last boss having 9.7m hp made it a long fight, and didn't get the enough alter time cd reduction powers to sustain interrupts on it. Could buy fire juggler from the shop guy tho which meant that as per with any boss and juggler, couldn't do jack shit against me and it was an easy win.

Seemed like all the scaling came from floor 13 on layer 8, up till that point it's been quit steady, yet here it became steep af. So don't go through the floors thinking you have enough because you breeze through it. Later floors are really testing if you picked the right powers for the boss unless you have cheese abilities. Like my DH friend who got eye beam on 0 cd basically and become immune when casting it, practically immortal.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Don't tell about this. I though this wing is like any other wings so i took a "special" power around floor 3 - 15% dmg done , -5% max hp per floor :P
    On lvl 17 i was almost on one-two hits and died few times. I don't know how but i managed to finish it, thanks to high dps, weak boss and unlimited Condemn knocks down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You're replying to the wrong guy on this. I'm already very close to getting the TC mount.
    Might be so. Regardless, the Maw is much more pleasant to do with a mount. I continue to ignore it, though.

Ah, an obvious burner account with 1 post, and one of the first 3 words you post is "SUX". I didn't read past that, sorry.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    2.5h? What the hell.... did you backpedal through it all?
    Nope, it can take that long. i had one that took 3 hours. Kept getting stupid powers. Ones that only work if you stack or get several for the same spell.
    Next layer ( higher) i got perfect power setup and it was way faster.