Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Newbie here in SL...So I understand layer is 8 floors, or was it 6 floors in Torghast, but this new Torghst mode is 18 floors pr layer? Or something. So to get layer 8 its 18x8 floors?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Yes that's right, 144 total. You only need to do it once per account, though, which makes it somewhat more bearable if still extremely tedious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    ALl I ahve been asking for is exactly what they did for every other quest. That is a separate version that tuned down from level 1. That's all. None of you complained about it before, so there is zero reason for you to complain about people requesting it now.
    i would totally not want to do another 18 floors just for quest even if it would be easier, this way i have 1/8 done already

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    its an optional challenge mode, dont sweat it
    challenge...

wtf how are people clearing 18 floors in under an hour solo? Seeing several people in here saying it took them 45 minutes.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    No it isn't. It is a Blizzard problem because there is no continuity in how they set up their story line quests. ALl they had to do is set it up like the rest and no issues.
    It's not a continuity problem.

We rescue Thrall, Jaina and Baine in separate areas. You get the clues in regular Torghast. Blizzard has been consistent, you are just complaining because you are bad and would rather come and moan here instead of trying hard. Have you ever played ANY other game on a console where you can't progress if you get stuck? What do you do at those points, moan about it and sell the game or give it another shot? Seriously.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    wtf how are people clearing 18 floors in under an hour solo? Seeing several people in here saying it took them 45 minutes.
    The lower layers are way easier and if you pick the mobility options (super jump) along with things like plundered anima, you can blast through some floors in like two minutes. Remember, most broker floors take <1 minute (and there are three of them), and the boss floors (except maybe the last one) only take a minute if you're properly setup too.

If you pick up the ability to see where the anima cells are, and have enough +% increased phantasma, you can reach a point where you can buy everything off the vendors without clearing everything and still get every anima cell on each floor. Some of the floors over your entire run are going to be really small too, and you always have the option if you think you're powerful enough to just beeline towards the end (though, I'd recommend not doing this because the opportunity cost of failing isn't worth it).

For me 1-5 took right around 45 minutes to clear, 6-7 took me an hour, and layer 8 took me close to 90 minutes (though I was really taking my time making sure I could kill the last boss).

Quote Originally Posted by Maksymilian View Post
    Twisting Corridors SUX - I completed solo layer 1, didn’t die even once, had still 1400 phantasma (nothing to buy), but it took me 2.5 HOURS.

IS BLIZZARD INSANE?

If I end my work at 16:00, got to home at 17:00, eat and do something, I can start your TWISTING CORRIDORS at 20:00 and maybe - MAYBE - I will finish it at 22:30 and I will can go sleep then.

DON’T YOU HAVE A LIFE?!
    Yes, we already know that they have phones, but what about life?

This is the worst design I have ever seen.
    If I wanted to spend 2.5 hours IN ONE DUNGEON I would be playing WOW CLASSIC not a Shadowlands.

And we can’t even leave Torghast after - let me say - 6th floor, SAVE it (somehow) and finish it later.

No! You have to spend 2.5h with computer beating this boring easy SHIT

And remember - DON’T PEE - becuase in Torghast there are many random effects that can kill you if you will be AFK for 2 minutes.

Hey and what about DISCONNECT on 17th floor?
    Do you imagine that your Internet is offline for 30 minutes, Torghast kicks you out and you have to start it again?

ARE THEY SERIOUS?TWISTING CORRIDORS ARE TOO LONG
    Grow up. You can't even think for yourself the purpose of this. You don't like it? ..... yep, you know the rest.

- People ask blizz to add more content to the games (and blizz does and makes them NONMANDATORY)

- Ppl bitch and moan when they do what was asked of them.

- ?

- blizz cant win.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    - People ask blizz to add more content to the games (and blizz does and makes them NONMANDATORY)

- Ppl bitch and moan when they do what was asked of them.

- ?

- blizz cant win.
    Well people bitch and moan about everything so. The fact that several of the layers reward absolutely nothing is horrible though, no soul ash, no items, nothing and they take hours. It's a massive grind with no actual reward structure in place, and it very much could be an awesome gameplay mode if it was something more.

And for refernece I've done all the 8 layers now, I like Torghast but damn it takes a lot of time. Now I have the mount I obviously have zero reason to go back.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Ez-mode specs that have god like anima powers. You know this because they refuse to say what spec they play.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekSQUADOV View Post
    Maw mount seems like a pretty decent incentive to do it especially if you're playing a less mobile class like Priest or something. I feel like it's semi mandatory to be doing this for the mount
    How can it be mandatory? Its the same as saying getting sockets in all your shit is mandatory. I feel like nothing in the maw atm is mandatory? Only ashes for your legendary but that’s it.

You don’t have to min max everything on your character you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Newbie here in SL...So I understand layer is 8 floors, or was it 6 floors in Torghast, but this new Torghst mode is 18 floors pr layer? Or something. So to get layer 8 its 18x8 floors?
    Exactly this.

2.5 hours for 1 layer? took me 10 hours to finish all 8 (if not less)

Some classes are strictly more OP than others in torghast.
    300k damage death strike blood DKs for example.

Or perma immolation DHs that just jump from start to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    If you spent 2.5h in Twisting Corridors without dying, at layer 1, you're the problem.

But this is likely a troll thread since you were too much of a coward to post on your real account.
    Depending on your spec and RNG luck it can take that long. I didn't get a good anima (bis) until floor 14.
    Shit was tedious AF, not hard just boring and slow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    its an optional challenge mode, dont sweat it
    Hardy option if a campaign quest takes you through it.

Personally it took me an hour+ as a BM Hunter. It was just tedious as balls.
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-01-09 at 09:47 AM.

It is painful when you take an hour to get to a last boss that is completely overtuned and one-shots you, when everything else in the tower has been a cakewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    I've played through 40 levels of content without a mount, people can deal with the maw just fine.
    No, it's not fine in any way.

15+ Year Old Account
    I personally think a mount for the maw would be better served to be bought from exalted from the broker. It requires a grind in the maw but nothing you couldn't do as you quested weekly and leave the Twisting Corridors to be cosmetics. It's not fun in anyway to grind 18 floors in one sitting. Doing it 8 times? Fuck no.