Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Any new info on the (3) expansion?

It seems like after the announcement everything went quite. I didn't start until PoF launched is this how they handle expansions? Do they ever give tidbits of info?

Not really no.

That's actually one of the bad things about GW2.
    Their marketing is straight up lack-luster. If you don't follow their website you might miss the expansion itself.

They have only done teasers, based on what they have done in the past they will wait till closer to ramp up marketing.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can play the newest fractal for an asset/mechanic teaswr
    Maybe watch a video of the challenge mode to see the designers really flex
    That's about it. Likely won't get anything solid until they do their next quarterly road map. Even that wont have much information.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I guess at this point they don't really have to market themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're fairly forthcoming with information on their homepage. There's a big End of Dragons announcement happening on next Tuesday, the 27th.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Quite the opposite. Marketing has always been their weakness, and it's not like GW2 is exactly a household name.
    It is in the big three of MMORPGs I would say, it being WoW, FFIVX and GW2.

On their homesite a week ago they announced a delay to 2022 to work on it more but showed off a mesmer with a spear so i assume there are new weapon types in End of Dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Felthan View Post
    new weapon types in End of Dragons.
    Would be nice. I feel like this game needs some fresh air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well maybe you should play some Elementalist, then!

Heyyyyyyyyy~~~
    Booooooooooooooooooo. I love it.

There's a community split on that mesmer art. Some people think it's a main-hand dagger and not a spear. Personally, I'm hoping for spear, because there's a whole bunch of really cool spear skins in the game, and I'd love to see them return to future weapon sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Booooooooooooooooooo. I love it.

There's a community split on that mesmer art. Some people think it's a main-hand dagger and not a spear. Personally, I'm hoping for spear, because there's a whole bunch of really cool spear skins in the game, and I'd love to see them return to future weapon sets.
    I really doubt it's spear, daggers above head are pretty clear hint at what's in hand, silhouette also doesn't match up with spear.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Pretty sure it is daggers. The picture is 99% clearly obfuscated to make people speculate. Daggers are in-game as main weapons, spears are not. Dagger-y illusions above the mesmer. I guessed spear first until I looked more closely and realized the silhouette is blocking the part where you could determine for sure if the weapon is long-shafted or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the image itself isn't in the thread as of yet...

The icons above the head could just as easily be spearheads, hinting at summoning clones of the weapons instead of summoning character clones. As it stands right now, all daggers in-game are wielded in a reverse grip. The silhouette doesn't match that positioning, and there's a bit of strangeness with the character's left shoulder (so right side of the image) hinting that it could be the butt of a spear shaft. The position would be similar to this art, but obviously not such an oversized weapon.

Spears "not being main weapons" is hardly a reason to discount them. There's only so much you can do with the current set of "land" weapons, and there's been a considerable call from the community to bring spears to land for quite a while.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

10+ Year Old Account
    July 27 - 12pm EST. End of Dragons livestream.

I'm excited for Anet, finally able to show off what they've been working on. Looking forward to it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrion View Post
    It is in the big three of MMORPGs I would say, it being WoW, FFIVX and GW2.
    Nah top 3 really is WoW, FF14, ESO

ESO is WAY bigger than GW2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Nah top 3 really is WoW, FF14, ESO

ESO is WAY bigger than GW2
    Apparently, ESO is actually #7 (at least according to this site), and GW2 is #10. Either way, perfectly solid and stable player counts considering the age of the MMO genre.

I am intensely looking forward to the livestream tomorrow, though I dread scraping together the notes for my podcast on Saturday.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

I really REALLY need to get back and finish obtaining the Warclaw (?) and the Skyscale... Who would've thought that a game not intending to have mounts, ended up with the best mount system/physics of them all?

I just miss a regular horse. A well-animated horse, of which there are ZERO in WoW, really fills my heart with joy...

Right, I forgot ESO even existed.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm stuck on both too. So annoying to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Since the image itself isn't in the thread as of yet...

and there's a bit of strangeness with the character's left shoulder (so right side of the image) hinting that it could be the butt of a spear shaft. The position
    She's pointing. As in, directing the blades forward.

If it helps, there's no real use for the warclaw outside of Wv. The skyscale you'll use constantly of course.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."