Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    She's pointing. As in, directing the blades forward.
    Yes, but I'm talking about the tassels. They're either ornamentation on an asymmetrical shoulder set, or ornamentation on the butt of a spear.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Turns out it was just daggers.
    Yeah, the fingers on the left hand were odd, it threw me off. The spec looks cool though, it might actually get me to play my mesmer.

I guess I'll have to look at the stream to see if I want a third Mesmer...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Yeah, the fingers on the left hand were odd, it threw me off. The spec looks cool though, it might actually get me to play my mesmer.
    Pretty much what I saw in my head, tbh (though I guess pointing doesnt quite describe it, though i could also see the tassels you were thinking). The end fingers look really weird and impossible to actually do lol

Haven't played GW2 in 8 years. I remember I got to the end game of the first outing, and realized there wasn't much 'end game' progression that I normally expected out of games like that, having a heavy set WoW mentality engrained in me. I haven't played the other expansions but I might check out this one. If I have the time to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Haven't played GW2 in 8 years. I remember I got to the end game of the first outing, and realized there wasn't much 'end game' progression that I normally expected out of games like that, having a heavy set WoW mentality engrained in me. I haven't played the other expansions but I might check out this one. If I have the time to play.
    It's still very sandbox-y once you hit max level. You have to pick a goal and finish it, then move on to the next. Max level is still 80 though, so your character (and their gear) are still relevant.

If you're looking for some of that more linear progression, fractals are great. Basically just dungeons that get more challenging as you progress through the tiers with more nasty modifiers and mechanics (things like reduced damage dealt if you're standing too close to other players), with a whole set of gear "ascended" that's designed for it. It's a bit more powerful than exotics, but the big thing is that it allows you to slot in "agony resist", and agony is a fractal-only mechanic that starts around fractal level 20ish and increases as you progress through the tiers.

Outside of that, as Malthanis said, it's kinda "sandboxy" in a sense. You play through the story content you want, you farm what you enjoy, and then pick goals to work towards. Achievements with rewards you want, optional mounts to unlock, legendaries, collections etc. etc. It's less of a "Hey you, do XYZ" and more of a "Hey you, here's ABCDE to do, pick what you want and have fun. Or not."

There are some Twitch Prime Gaming loot drops available over the next few months as promotion for the upcoming expansion. The first one available since yesterday has a mini claim ticket, a 10 slot bag, and some boosters.

10 slot bag that you cant even sell has got to be the most useless twitch drop I have ever seen in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    10 slot bag that you cant even sell has got to be the most useless twitch drop I have ever seen in a game.
    This first bonus is pretty clearly targeted at newer players: Item/XP/Karma boosters aren't the hottest items and the mini pet is a nice perk. Not like it's worth anything to vendors anyways, just delete it. We'll see if they start ramping up the goods with the next 3 drops, but I wouldn't expect anything super duper exciting.

I don't usually listen to his videos, but happened to to click on this one.

Interesting idea that the legendaries might be the first of multiple "sets" along the same lines. Cuts down on overall team while allowing them to get more of them out the door. I'll probably still never get one, but it's nice to see a bit of optimism again.

I haven't even looked at the new legendaries since I assume they'll be the same the others added since the first set and require a bunch of game modes I don't play in. I've done a few of the initial legendaries, though I've just sold them all. I even made the Save The Queen precursor because it looked cool...

And yeah, a 10 slot bag you can't sell is sort of dumb overall. But it also requires you to type the name when you delete it, because it's just THAT important? Meh, it was free and easy (clicked some Prime links and copy-pasted), so a mini -ticket it is.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    The new legendary paradigm being sets is nice, and I'm hoping WP's video is correct. However the current crafting process is set to "throw a metric fuckton of raw materials down the drain" and I really don't want to do that again. The first four weapons out of gen2 legendaries had material cost, but also some questing mechanics involved. I'm currently working on the shapeshifting greatsword Exordium, and I have literally no idea why the sword exists in-world. There's zero lore for these really cool weapons, and it's a damned shame.

Lots of speculation about DW swords for guardian as one of the specs being teased. Seeing folks talking about a more "selfish" spec since most guardian builds bring a fair amount of group utility with virtues. I love my firebrand, but I'd be down with replacing my boring power dragonhunter build with something a bit more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely thinking it's Guardian after this tweet. Since Guardians are the premier burn class, I have to think the "fan the flames" comment is fully intentional.

Unless they're going to do a melee bruiser condi, dual-sword spec for thief... *dons tinfoil hat*

Definitely thinking it's Guardian after this tweet. Since Guardians are the premier burn class, I have to think the "fan the flames" comment is fully intentional.

Unless they're going to do a melee bruiser condi, dual-sword spec for thief... *dons tinfoil hat*
    I kinda hope it won't be condi based, that's what firebrand primarily acts as with its heavy focus on fire damage. I get that there are already existing power builds (especially dragonhunter), but I dig the idea of a more "selfish" setup that doesn't benefit allies as much with virtues and the like. I feel like guardian is in a great place overall (largely thanks to firebrand) and fills most roles/niches in the game already, so this could really kinda be anything in terms of what it's designed for.

Though hell, I'd be down with an odd surprise nobody has predicted.

Yeah I'm just waiting for all the new elite specs to be unveiled. That's probably the most interesting stuff for me right now.

I've only really played a Death Shroud Necromancer for end game, but I'm interested in what kind of twists this expansion offers cuz I really like the asian aesthetic tied to the classes this time around.

asian aesthetic
    Ye, IIRC that's a big thing in Cantha. Since I never got there in GW1 despite many efforts, I'm looking forward to exploring it for the first time. And have it be much, much more pretty in the newer game : P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I kinda hope it won't be condi based, that's what firebrand primarily acts as with its heavy focus on fire damage. I get that there are already existing power builds (especially dragonhunter), but I dig the idea of a more "selfish" setup that doesn't benefit allies as much with virtues and the like. I feel like guardian is in a great place overall (largely thanks to firebrand) and fills most roles/niches in the game already, so this could really kinda be anything in terms of what it's designed for.

Though hell, I'd be down with an odd surprise nobody has predicted.
    Abso-godsdamned-lutely. It's been a big topic of my podcast and streams lately, the fact that Guardians kinda do everything. I'm 100% with you on wanting something that's a bit more selfish.

asian aesthetic
    This is one of the major reasons I was hoping we'd see spears brought on to land. I would downright love to see some Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon stuff going on with a spear warrior or something.

Abso-godsdamned-lutely. It's been a big topic of my podcast and streams lately, the fact that Guardians kinda do everything. I'm 100% with you on wanting something that's a bit more selfish.
    You still in the MMOC guild? I'm on periodically and don't rep that guild ever (or my "main" guild), kinda looking around for a guild that does some strikes and dungeons/fractals again. Been surprised that I haven't seen much in the way of advertising messages in major cities/hubs lately.