Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You still in the MMOC guild? I'm on periodically and don't rep that guild ever (or my "main" guild), kinda looking around for a guild that does some strikes and dungeons/fractals again. Been surprised that I haven't seen much in the way of advertising messages in major cities/hubs lately.
    I don't know about an MMOC guild, but it's the same one I've been in with Arlee since coming back to the game. We've been streaming our replay of the Living Story on Tuesdays, but I've got some plans to turn Tuesday nights in to a group content (so fractals, strikes, raids) night after we're done with that.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    This is one of the major reasons I was hoping we'd see spears brought on to land. I would downright love to see some Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon stuff going on with a spear warrior or something.
    They sort of moved Staff into that though, with Revenant and Daredevil. So sure, something like Guardian that already has a staff, it won't fit. For other melee stuff though, a warrior can get a Staff that is a halberd or similar.

I'm torn at the moment, between another Engineer, Mesmer, Thief, Warrior, Guardian, Ranger. I'm not big on Ranger or Warrior really, and while I love my mesmers, they can be a pain for story elements. Not sure the new Thief will be more fun that just dual pistol, but maybe Engineer and Guardian might have something interesting.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    I don't know about an MMOC guild, but it's the same one I've been in with Arlee since coming back to the game. We've been streaming our replay of the Living Story on Tuesdays, but I've got some plans to turn Tuesday nights in to a group content (so fractals, strikes, raids) night after we're done with that.
    Oh hey, it looks like I am! I'll try to keep an eye out for you when I'm online, but I feel like we've got fairly different normal hours of play. I'd be down for some group content, though fair warning that I've got 0 experience in raids (minimal strike experience, but a fair amount of fractal stuff up to T3...but I'm probably bad at it). Rockin a fractal support FB set and got my normal exotic condi FB and power DH sets so my character is somewhat flexible.

IN OTHER NEWS

Lotta neat ideas in this video.

Dig the idea of, if it's guardian, the new spec changing up the 1H sword kit to fit with the new theme. I'm not a huge fan of the 1H sword kit, it's "fine" but I've never been particularly impressed with it. Also hopefully it means that every new specializations will get access to a full suite of new weapon skills so we're not ending up with some classes getting 5 due to the 2H they receive vs. others getting 2-3 depending on if they get a mainhand or offhand weapon.

Also digging the idea that Anet could be loosening armor restrictions a bit, either practically or via visual design, and it could still be a thief. Would be kinda awesome if specialization could also unlock new armors to access for a class, since honestly armor types don't really mean much since they all share the same stats. It's purely visual, and with how many cosmetics can completely break that and make a light armor class look like a heavy armor class etc. I don't see a reason why not!

Good point that it adds a ton of potential for new gear to farm, with legendary sets for a different armor type and all other kinds of pieces to earn in addition to what your main already has.

10+ Year Old Account

The first Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons™ elite specialization beta event begins next week! From August 17 to August 21, log in and play three of the brand-new elite specializations coming in Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons™.
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/y...on-beta-event/

Resident Cosplay Progressive

While I think it would better to do one a week, I believe the next two elite specs are due to be announced on the 13th with the beta for all three starting on the 17th

Virtuoso looks kinda neato. I never noticed the animation with the EoD logo on the endslate of the vdieo, kinda like it, very watery and nice.

10+ Year Old Account

Straight up looks like a Necro killed an Engi and did some weird Necro magic to steal its abilities. Not bad.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Straight up looks like a Necro killed an Engi and did some weird Necro magic to steal its abilities. Not bad.
    Will need to see more of it before I decide if it's something I'll pursue or not, but the concept seems cool.

I currently play a Power Reaper "Minion Master" build, which works well for just cruising through solo PvE content. If the Harbinger is able to do the same thing effectively I'll give it a shot. I just wish unlocking the Elite Specializations wasn't such a chore with farming the Hero Points.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I just wish unlocking the Elite Specializations wasn't such a chore with farming the Hero Points.
    Didn't HP's grant like, 5 points or something in PoF? IIRC they granted more and you needed fewer of them through the zones. If they did something like that I'd be fine with it, this is the closest thing to a "level cap increase" that comes with an expansion I guess (outside of Mastery Points).

Didn't HP's grant like, 5 points or something in PoF? IIRC they granted more and you needed fewer of them through the zones. If they did something like that I'd be fine with it, this is the closest thing to a "level cap increase" that comes with an expansion I guess (outside of Mastery Points).
    PoF does give you a lot per HP, but the Elite Specializations need 250 HP's to fully unlock so you have to do quite a few of them to get the requisite points.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spe...0points%20each.

At the time I was unlocking Reaper I hadn't really dug into PoF yet so I was forced to go through HoT to get most of the points I needed, and fuck HoT. Most of the HP's in HoT are still there because they require groups to complete and/or mastery levels that I simply CBA to acquire because again...fuck HoT.

PoF is better, but I'm not through the story yet so don't have all the mounts (just got the skimmer, so don't have the jackal yet) and can't reach some of them (though I haven't even actively tried to since I unlocked Reaper fully. I think I got the last 20-30 points I needed to fully unlock Reaper from PoF, which leaves barely enough to unlock one more elite specialization, as the entirety of PoF only has 290 HPs, vs HoT which has 400.

I'm fine with the concept of needing to play the game in order to unlock new things, but the requirements for unlocking Elite Specializations is, IMO, unnecessarily difficult, chore like and annoying.

if you're into WvW at all there's a currency there you get from playing the game mode that you can unlock all the expansion HP's with.
    might be worth keeping in mind for future alts if you like that type of content.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Outfit of the new Necro's E.Spec is clearly based of Korea's Joseung Saja (their version of the Grim Reaper, kinda).

Both expac's HP's are 10 per. You can also (as mentioned Lex Icon) get tokens in Wv that when you use them, they "give" you one of the Hero Points in one of the zones. So I usually (and currently, with my new mesmer in prep) run through all the easy HP's in the expacs, do Orr and some of the others, and then maybe use some Wv tokens (I forget what they're called, but I think they're on the path needed for the Legendary token) if needed. Of course it depends on what resources you have, a new player can't be flying through Verdant forests on their Skyscale.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    if you're into WvW at all there's a currency there you get from playing the game mode that you can unlock all the expansion HP's with.
    might be worth keeping in mind for future alts if you like that type of content.
    I'll keep it in mind as an alternative to earning the HPs. I don't like PvP in general (just not my thing, enjoy story, quests, etc...), but am not opposed to using the game mode as a means to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'll keep it in mind as an alternative to earning the HPs. I don't like PvP in general (just not my thing, enjoy story, quests, etc...), but am not opposed to using the game mode as a means to an end.
    it's not really full on pvp so i'm sure you could find ways to enjoy it. there's several maps to bounce around between and they've all got pve objectives. and there's even people avoiding pvp doing only those so don't expect some horrorshow. for newbies just follow your visible commander around to get the lay of the land and you'll probably have a good time.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

I'm diggin the Harbinger look. As someone who plays Asura Necro, I can get into this Elite Spec.

Still waiting to see the Guardian reveal, that's the other class I'd be incentivized to finally level up

So now that Necro was revealed to be the "bomb" symbol I guess that means another class is going to get pistols/rifle. So with the revealed classes and classes with rifles already that would just leave Ranger, Revenant, and Elementalist.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-08-11 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    So now that Necro was revealed to be the "bomb" symbol I guess that means another class is going to get pistols/rifle. So with the revealed classes and classes with rifles already that would just leave Ranger, Revenant, and Elementalist.
    Pistols Warrior.

Order of icons is probably : Mesmer, Ranger, Guardian, Elem, Thief, Revenant, Warrior, Engi, Necro.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Pistols Warrior.

Order of icons is probably : Mesmer, Ranger, Guardian, Elem, Thief, Revenant, Warrior, Engi, Necro.
    I think its Mesmer, Ranger, Guardian, Thief, Warrior, Revenant, Elem, Engi, Necro.

The mask I think is gonna be like a samurai or something inspired warrior. The flame thing has a thief pip in it thinking its maybe like a Chi monk or something. The bullet looks like it was infused to break through something like it was boosted by air to go faster imo.

It was guardian! Willbender, seems very acrobatic and fairly mobile. Can't tell if the MH sword abilities re replaced, but I'm kinda down with this theme for now. Just gotta wait to learn more to see if it's more suited for condie or power builds. Definitely seeing some fire in there but hoping it's another power option since FB is stupid strong for condie dps.