Poll: Should Congress Impeach Trump Again?

Page 1 of 28
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Should Trump be Impeached <again>

Is there merit for impeaching Trump with just two weeks left?

Some members of congress say yes. The rise of neoConfederate thugs needs to be checked immediately.
    • Chuck Schumer has thrown down the gauntlet:

What happened at the U.S. Capitol yesterday was an insurrection against the United States, incited by President Trump.

This president must not hold office one day longer.

• Congress members David Cicilline, Ted Lieu, and Raskin have circulated new Articles of Impeachment:

Gonna be an interesting two weeks. My sense is that McConnell’s furious phone calls last night to the remaining Trump cabinet members was an effort to keep the threat of the 25th amendment alive, but I’m not sure that any of them really have the stomach for it in the cold light of day.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Yes, but we know Republican Senators won't do anything. But I still want a vote for history, so we can know where the Republican party stood throughout the Trump era.

Which is side by side with Trump, arm in arm, hand in hand. But not in a gay way. They don't like that. In a totally straight manly way.

Yes.

I would settle for a sedition charge the minute after Biden’s confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes, but we know Republican Senators won't do anything. But I still want a vote for history, so we can know where the Republican party stood throughout the Trump era.

Which is side by side with Trump, arm in arm, hand in hand. But not in a gay way. They don't like that. In a totally straight manly way.
    Well, with Cruz there, it will definitely be in a gay way, which there is nothing wrong with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because he needs to have already been impeached, and right now NO Pence and the Republican party need to save what little dignity they have and fucking force him to step down.

Trump is not only responsible for what happened but if investigations lead to evidence he purposely orchestrated this and failed to send the National Guard until Pence may have Forced the issue.

Well in addition to sedition and treason he I think Murder Charges are in order.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. To prevent him from running for office ever again.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, if Trump is impeached, he can no longer run for a federal office as i understand. So there's that.

Of course he should. But he won't.

Some people seem think that yesterday's events mark the end of Trumpism. But the fact that the piece of shit hasn't already been removed from office just reinforces the reality that it's going to be festering in the GOP for some time to come.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Agreed. With pictures of the violence, terrorism, sedition and insurrection all around them while they are voting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Of course he should. But he won't.

Some people seem think that yesterday's events mark the end of Trumpism. But the fact that the piece of shit hasn't already been removed from office just reinforces the reality that it's going to be festering in the GOP for some time to come.
    Sadly, I believe you are right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Yes. To prevent him from running for office ever again.
    Uh not to nit pick but Impeaching doesn't prevent him from running again does it?

Or do you mean not technically and that it would just look bad if he tried to run again?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Uh not to nit pick but Impeaching doesn't prevent him from running again does it?

Or do you mean not technically and that it would just look bad if he tried to run again?
    There would be 2 votes. One for removing from office and one to never be able to run for office again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    There would be 2 votes. One for removing from office and one to never be able to run for office again.
    Not debating or disagreeing, but just trying to clarify.

The House Impeaches, the Senate removes. By that removal are you saying he can never return or is there like another article or part of it that he can never run again?

Because it's been while since civics class

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

If he's Impeached and Convicted by the Senate, it carries the punishment of never being able to hold office again. Most people don't know this part of Impeachment, but it does require the Senate to vote to remove.

Not debating or disagreeing, but just trying to clarify.

The House Impeaches, the Senate removes. By that removal are you saying he can never return or is there like another article or part of it that he can never run again?

Because it's been while since civics class
    The House votes on whether or not he is impeached. Needs just a simple majority. It then goes to the Senate where they will vote on removing him from office and then if he is banned from ever having another office again. The removal requires a supermajority, the ban requires just a simple majority.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeac...squalification

You can't. His support is way too strong. You would create nationwide insurrection on a scale you've never seen if you did it.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You can't. His support is way too strong. You would create nationwide insurrection on a scale you've never seen if you did it.
    Yep, we saw that last night as it was getting its ass handed to them by the DC police and national guard. It was so strong that a weak summer breeze could have knocked it over. It was so strong that wet tissue paper would be like steel compared to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    If he's Impeached and Convicted by the Senate, it carries the punishment of never being able to hold office again. Most people don't know this part of Impeachment, but it does require the Senate to vote to remove.
    Thanks for the clarification yeah I knew about the Senate thing wasn't sure it barred him from running again. LOL

I think the last time I looked was Bill Clinton, even though he was only impeached and never removed, I don't think for him it was ever an issue because he couldn't run again anyways.

Although I still always wondered what the punishment alone for impeachment meant other than a technical gesture like if you are impeached but not removed does he lost his pensions and what not after.

I assumed not.

Anyways kind of interesting details.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You are sort of disgusting. You already have an entire thread to lie about this crap but no, you have to spread it to other threads. Giving in to these people is not going to make it all go away no matter how much you want that and no matter how much you want this "war" to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    The House votes on whether or not he is impeached. Needs just a simple majority. It then goes to the Senate where they will vote on removing him from office and then if he is banned from ever having another office again. The removal requires a supermajority, the ban requires just a simple majority.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeac...squalification
    Ah ok thanks for that last bit didn't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, he should be 25th'd/