Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Who else dislikes new Paladin sound effects?

I think old Wotlk effects were way better. Now it's just bunch of "kling" and "klong" sounds. As if they were made by some junkies banging trash can lids together.

10+ Year Old Account
    The vast majority of all updated class sound effects and visuals are inferior to their originals.

All sound "revamps" starting with the gun sounds in Cacacylsm have been utter gay shit.

Soon followed the melee and now the spell abilities, so whereas before we had crisp, distinguishable sounds, many of which imported directly from Warcraft 3, we now have wind chimes, soft wooshes and deep bass nonsense that could belong to any class in the game.

I fucking hate the new blizzard, if you can even call it blizzard anymore, and its tumblerina genz millenial twitter faggot team that think that because they have 3 lip piercings and 20 tattoos, that makes them artists and they can fuck with iconic shit that people love because their "artistic expression" makes it better.

Fuck the 2010s as a whole, this entire decade has generated nothing but shit in society as a whole.

Have you even heard how utter shit the new Shaman Chain Lightning sounds like compared to Warcraft 3? Before you had the sound of LIGHTNING, now it sounds like a fucking shatic electricity shock from a turtle neck sweater.

We're getting to a point where pre-bc WoW has better sounds than retail for fuck's sake.
    Last edited by biden2022; 2021-01-07 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    The vast majority of all updated class sound effects and visuals are inferior to their originals.
    Totally agree. I really miss the old animations and sounds. If you play fury war or arms warrior on a Wrath server, the sounds alone will make you feel like a god. Will make you want to play the spec. Same with most other old sounds/animations. It is sad and I think the only chance to see them again is to play Classic Wrath

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by biden2022 View Post
    All sound "revamps" starting with the gun sounds in Cacacylsm have been utter gay shit.

Soon followed the melee and now the spell abilities, so whereas before we had crisp, distinguishable sounds, many of which imported directly from Warcraft 3, we now have wind chimes, soft wooshes and deep bass nonsense that could belong to any class in the game.

I fucking hate the new blizzard, if you can even call it blizzard anymore, and its tumblerina genz millenial twitter faggot team that think that because they have 3 lip piercings and 20 tattoos, that makes them artists and they can fuck with iconic shit that people love because their "artistic expression" makes it better.

Fuck the 2010s as a whole, this entire decade has generated nothing but shit in society as a whole.

Have you even heard how utter shit the new Shaman Chain Lightning sounds like compared to Warcraft 3? Before you had the sound of LIGHTNING, now it sounds like a fucking shatic electricity shock from a turtle neck sweater.

We're getting to a point where pre-bc WoW has better sounds than retail for fuck's sake.
    Made a alt account because you're to afraid to speak your hate and homophobia on main eh? Or maybe you got banned on main already?

Nah, new animations and sounds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> old ones, aside from the gun noise. The old one was too loud, the new one sounds like a pea-shooter.

But luckily, I can mog out of guns.

3+ Year Old Account
    I think the new Shadow priest sounds are just... to loud? Before Legion, SW: P was just a small pulse noise, now it's this edgy weird ringing. It bothers me a lot for some reason
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

yeah i also rly dislike many of the sounds they changed,rogoue and warrior also have had some bad ones,warrior for a long time has sounded completly wrong and not meaty in its attacks

also feral

Only sound I miss from classic wow is the audible jingling of plate armor when you walk. Not sure when that was removed but I miss it.

New Kill Shot sounds....gross.

I don’t even remember the last time I listened to these sound effects. They have gotten to obnoxious and I rather just want to fully enjoy the music.

Can't say much about paladin, but I miss the TBC's Lava Burst sound
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like how some people prevented the Consecration to be updated...

MUCH better than the current 152x152 texture

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    Only sound I miss from classic wow is the audible jingling of plate armor when you walk. Not sure when that was removed but I miss it.
    It's still there, as I still hear it.

I think most old sounds were better than the original, especially due to the new ones being super loud in comparison. I miss old animations too for classes, as then they were all unique per race, now its per-class instead and its super boring.

Quote Originally Posted by biden2022 View Post
    Gun sound was changed in Warlords of Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post

I thought they WERE gonna update that! Why didnt they!? It looks infinitely better than the old one!

They could've made a glyph to give the old appearance back if it was such an issue.
    Last edited by Dalheim; 2021-01-08 at 08:48 AM.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalheim View Post
    It's still there, as I still hear it.

I think most old sounds were better than the original, especially due to the new ones being super loud in comparison. I miss old animations too for classes, as then they were all unique per race, now its per-class instead and its super boring.

Gun sound was changed in Warlords of Draenor.

I thought they WERE gonna update that! Why didnt they!? It looks infinitely better than the old one!

They could've made a glyph to give the old appearance back if it was such an issue.
    Aparently, some diehard 'fans' during testing did not like how it looked and could not get over the change, so they scrapped it?
    That or the devs found it too hard to implement...

10+ Year Old Account
    Aparently, some diehard 'fans' during testing did not like how it looked and could not get over the change, so they scrapped it?
    That or the devs found it too hard to implement...
    But if there'd be a glyph, it wouldnt even matter..

>_<
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Imho it isn't as bad as watching a blood elf tennismatch when playing DH.

Uaaaagh, Raaaaaaagh, Ghaaaaaaa, Uuaaaaaaaaaaah, Ubwhuhuhaahahahaaawhaaaa.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalheim View Post
    The only thing I really miss was the old Female Human Paladins' Hand of Justice animation.

I think old effects were more natural. But I think we'll get used to it.

Thank fucking god this was not implemented. Problem: this makes consecration look like big cooldown ability, when in reality - prot palas drop it just for damage reduction and I don't want to stare at this 24/7. For ret - consecration ticks do like 90 dmg each? They press it when there's literally nothing to press for >gcd_time.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english