Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Monks and Twisted Corridors

Twisted Corridors seem to be much harder than normal Torghast, which is why I think a new thread is justified.

Today I tried it for the first time as ilvl 203 WW and made it to 3/17. I had bad luck with my HP which maxed out at only 62k and some mini boss mobs were hitting for 30-40k. On the 17th floor towards the end I found an anima power which I haven't seen before: a single hit can't take away more than 25% HP. This helped a lot, but I already had that Taragrue guy following me and he reached me while fighting the boss. That was the end then.

Up to 3/15 or 3/16 everything was relatively easy, but then changed on 3/17. I was mainly killing with stacking damage with 4x BK into fist, which was hitting for 100k or more with the first tick. Leg sweep and ToD were without CD at this point. Kiting with super jump also helped sometimes, to gain time for stun DR.

I also had a few stupid deaths like falling off of those chains or trying to walk through insta-kill-fire because the mechanic to avoid seemed to be too annoying to try. Who would guess that some little flames can insta kill you?

So, what worked for your WW and how far did you get?
    Last edited by XMD7007; 2021-01-08 at 04:36 AM.

I main a WW, but I switched to BrM for twisted corridors. I did first 3 layers yesterday and didn't died a single time.

EDIT: 205 ilvl

Just go healer! I ended my first layer1 run with instant Touch of Death, usable on 5 targets (with a 100k+ health pool I could use it quite early on mobs), Corrosive Dosage at like 8 stacks (i.e. I spam healed myself for around 20k dps on everything around me) and lots of other stuff. It was actually laughably easy as a MW as so many of our anima powers seems to be boosting our damage off the charts.

I haven't tried as WW or BrM and I probably never will as it's more or less facerolling though all 18 levels as a MW. My heal gear is like 203 or something like that (yes, I've had horrible luck in our HC raids).

A little update, definitely go BrM. I finished all 8 layers and died twice. Once to a fire trap and second time to cc fear chain. It was almost boring. Took me 10ish hours and I'm really bad at soloing

5+ Year Old Account
    I finished the 5th layer (5/18) as WW with Corrosive Dosage, only the last Boss Observer Zelgar was really hard. Random game ending meele hits for 140k, after I learned to deal with everything else he threw at me. In the end, after a few deaths, he went down.

It's pretty weird that I have to go corrosive dosage and spam heals as windwalker monk to succeed.

I will try one of the other specs for the rest, if that's the easier route to take.
    What did you use as BrM? Corrosive Dosage too?
    Last edited by XMD7007; 2021-01-10 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    My big question is - I hear about other specs talking about how much extra HP they get from their powers. I finished layer 2 TC with 55k HP as a brewmaster, I think I got 1 15% hp buff. Do we not have that stuff, am I unlucky, or am I missing something?
    You were unlucky. The Obleron HP buff is universal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Went BM aswell. Cleared all 8 layers going mainly for 0s CD, AoE Touch of Death. I usually had about 250k-300k HP, 1,5mil ~ish with Fortifying Brew in the end.

But I still feel like I'm missing something. Obleron endurance is only 15% hp. So I I get 3 of them and they stack, best case I get an extra 52% health. That's not exciting... then I'm at 75k health instead of 50k. I see people here saying they have 250k health... how does that happen?
    You need to get the 'secret spices' power. It increases HP by up to 100% based on how many mawrats you killed. It seems rare in the higher levels though, or I've just had terrible lucky every single time /qq

But I still feel like I'm missing something. Obleron endurance is only 15% hp. So I I get 3 of them and they stack, best case I get an extra 52% health. That's not exciting... then I'm at 75k health instead of 50k. I see people here saying they have 250k health... how does that happen?
    There's a power form a rare that gives 100% HP but you get slowed if you stand still (link). Combine that with 100% from secret spices and 45% (or more) obleron endurance (which add up, but don't multiply with themself) and since different buffs multiply you got 6 times (2*2*1.45) more life than normal. You won't get the rare power regularly, but the spices are relatively common. You just need to stack them.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD7007 View Post
    I finished the 5th layer (5/18) as WW with Corrosive Dosage, only the last Boss Observer Zelgar was really hard. Random game ending meele hits for 140k, after I learned to deal with everything else he threw at me. In the end, after a few deaths, he went down.

It's pretty weird that I have to go corrosive dosage and spam heals as windwalker monk to succeed.

I will try one of the other specs for the rest, if that's the easier route to take.
    What did you use as BrM? Corrosive Dosage too?
    Yes, corrosive dosage. And ever-tumbling stone, it looks like a weak anima power, but it is straight overpowered. At higher floors you'll have 5+ roll stacks and celerity+chi torpedo, which makes you immortal for 2+ min on every floor. At boss floors I just skipped AP trader and killed boss during dmg immunity buff. Floors 16+17 are the most difficult, so I just rolled to the end and aoed everything down with vivify spam with dmg immunity.

You can go some fancy build- high hp, nocd, 4target ToD, but that needs specific anima powers. Thing is, corrosive dosage and roll powers are very common and you have them pretty much every run.

EDIT: you can be CCed or knockbacked during dmg immunity so be careful if there are such mobs.
    Last edited by Saubon; 2021-01-10 at 08:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, the 16th/17th floors get absolutely gargantuan damage buffs. Given how much is up to luck when it comes to your health for most classes, it's better to try to minimize your reliance on HP pools. This is why, when doing the last few layers of TC, it's better to go either Tank or Heal if you have the available role - It's easier to get a massive amount of damage and stats then it is to get survival in TC right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Ah - yes! This guy is.
    When I figured out what is going on I was like "hm, I have to do layer 8 before they nerf it"

Quote Originally Posted by Saubon View Post
    When I figured out what is going on I was like "hm, I have to do layer 8 before they nerf it"
    This is pretty much how I did layer 8 on first day on my monk. It's really fast too, whole layer 8 took me like 45min.

15+ Year Old Account
    i will just say what i told many ppls before
    "just go with group"
    even if one person will have bad luck rest will help so first floors are usually easy just may take some more time then someone gets perfect traits and whole party is snowballing on it

ps good to have one of classes that have high potential in traits like mage, warlock, monk, boomkin, DH (shaman for constant 75% bl) in group, its obviously not mendatory but can make run really easy

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    There's a power form a rare that gives 100% HP but you get slowed if you stand still (link). Combine that with 100% from secret spices and 45% (or more) obleron endurance (which add up, but don't multiply with themself) and since different buffs multiply you got 6 times (2*2*1.45) more life than normal. You won't get the rare power regularly, but the spices are relatively common. You just need to stack them.
    I was once killed with that root anima power because the final boss had some ability where aoe missiles hit the ground and I couldn't dodge them because I was spamming Vivify, which means I was rooted and hard slowed for a bit, and every time you get hit by one of those you get a debuff that reduces your max life by 20% and it stacks.

And in general it's super annoying. I won't ever use that one again. I'd rather fight a few seconds longer before I insta kill the boss with ToD rather than being constantly slowed over and over again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    I was once killed with that root anima power because the final boss had some ability where aoe missiles hit the ground and I couldn't dodge them because I was spamming Vivify, which means I was rooted and hard slowed for a bit, and every time you get hit by one of those you get a debuff that reduces your max life by 20% and it stacks.

And in general it's super annoying. I won't ever use that one again. I'd rather fight a few seconds longer before I insta kill the boss with ToD rather than being constantly slowed over and over again.
    just pair it with "enhanced jumping power" and you are golden :P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Torghast is pretty eh as a monk.

You have very little that is actually decent, and since your damage and defense ultimately comes from powers you need to just stack those few things that work. So corrosive, max hp, and the touch of death stuff. Then you just run around and touch of death packs of mobs and when you get to something that can't instantly be touch of death'd you cast a few vivify's and then you touch of death. Oh and you swap to brewmaster because you start off with more health and have more defensive options (and I think mobs have less health) since your damage doesn't matter.

Every single run is the same, is pretty eh for a roguelike / lite.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Just get Vivify x5 and ToD x5 and roll gives immunity for 2 min and you got the layer 8 final boss dead.

Is corrosive dosage capped at 5 stacks? And is roll charge capped at 6 stacks? Or can you get lucky and have even more?

Yeah, powers that buff palm/kick are really underwhelming

My last boss in l8 had 10M+ health but I had some stat/kyrian/figurine/zoo powers so it wen't smoothly and I finished with 30 sec immunity left.

Which covenant do you run btw?